• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Focus not worth the points?

G

I have a PVM Elf Samurai with the following skills/stats
str 119
dex 65
int 46

Parry 85.8
Anatomy 91.9
Bushido 74.7
Swords 89.0
Tactics 85.4
Healing 83.3
Resist 100.0
Focus 100.0

These following 2 skills are pointed down
Magery 3.8
Med 8.1

I am hitting my cap now just wearing off the 2 down skills. But even when they are gone I will still need more points. Should I rid myself of Focus? It is the least usable skill I can think of to lose.
I have a Bushido scroll 110 I think to use any suggestions on what else to do to improve this guy? Currently I am carrying a shield I am not sure if I should continue this practice or not to gain parry?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Is Focus not worth the points?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Vamp form is about 3 mana regen (worth 60 focus) and 10 stamia regen (about 100 focus)

M

Maximinus Thrax

First, don't use a shield EVER with bushido. It lowers your parry chance to %5 and if you are not parrying attacks, you are not gaining in parry (plus ur prolly dying a whole lot).

Focus is very useless for sam. Since you're pvm, be sure to honor everything before you attack it. This will replenish your mana, health and stamina when you kill the monster.

I also would suggest increasing your dex a lot more. Once your skills are maxed, lower int and str until your dex is at least 100. Str around 100 and int around 20-30 should suffice.

Since you're swords, you should pick up a soulseeker if you havent already, that should keep your mana/stam pretty steady, and coupled with honoring crits, it will ensure that you never run out.

Also be sure to use Lightning Strike a lot when you honor, as you will not want to miss blows to achieve perfection. Perfection will give you an 1000 luck bonus.

G

I don't die very often I can take out liches without a problem. I am using a soul seeker given to me by a close friend. I'll stop using the shield. I had no idea it had that effect on gains to parry. I was making gains until recently. I don't understand this honor thing. I tried it once on an ettin and it said I had to use it on players. I read that you had to say "I honor thee" then let them hit you once before attacking. Is that how ou gain honor?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To Honor:

To to options =&gt; Macros =&gt; scroll down to invoke virtue =&gt; select Honor as the virtue. hit Okay

Find a creature at full health that no one is honoring. Hit your marco, target this creature (you have to be within like 6-7 tiles). Gl

G

Boy this is great Thanks for that information. I set up both of my characters that have some virtue now. I have been working both compassion and sacrifice up til now. It is embarrassing to see the message that you don't have enough reputation to sacrifice.

G

I have been working the solen ants in the Wind passageways. My parry now at 86.3 has stopped a few days ago. I raised my dex to 90 and lowered int to 21 until I get the stat bump. I have been using a butcher knife to raise swords, at 91.9 now. Bushido is 9 points higher than when I posted this. I soulstoned Focus off. I took the Necro quest but haven't done it yet. I am not sure I like carrying regs with me on this guy. Something I need to get use to I guess.

M

Maximinus Thrax

How are you going to fit necro? And have you learned to love Honor yet?

G

I removed Focus with a soulstone so that opens up some usuable points. Yes Honor is now macroed up and is working well. I am a seeker of honor now and it is working out well. Mana regen at this point is my biggest problem. I bought a stat scroll last night and have dex and str locked down. The mana problem should be going away soon.

M

Maximinus Thrax

What's your equipment look like?

I've got only 6MR on my guy and that's more than enough (I'm plain ol' sammy) - but since you're doing the necro thing, and keeping chiv, I can see why you'd have issues (lots more spells than me).

Plus what shard are you on?

G

Umm I don't have Chiv.
My equipment is just normal spined runic made Horned leather. 70 PR and FR I did buy FCR jewelry the other night It does seem to help some. The other resists are in the 49's or mid 50's. I use a butcher knife because of the low SS. Still today I only gained .1 in parrying while I gained 1.2 in swords and tactics. I still haven't done anything with Necro yet I still have the starting quest. I did get smoked by a liche the other night He had a really strong FS that got me. He knew just when to cast it too, he waited until I was mid way on my health and bandie.
I play Cats shard.

G

Dude, you're doing parry soooo wrong. I seriously think the max is 3 hours to go from 0-120. All you have to do to raise parry is to get a ton of weak things to hit you like rabbits, llamas, and sheep. Have a nonproficient weapon in your hand and just let them whack you. This will get you insane gains. Doing it this way you can also train healing if you want. Also I only use junk armor or armor with self repair 5 or more because your suit is going to go down fast.

G

I knew I had to be doing something wrong as it wasn't raising very much, I just didn't know what it was. There are enough mongbats around that should be willing to help.

G

Did the pens today only took me about 28 minutes to make GM parry. Good thing I had some low level armor on it didn't last long.

E

eolsunder1

Yep make sure you have some cheap GM armor on, plus a extra set or 2 in your backpack. Either that or equipt a nice 4 or 5 self repair suit (plus shield) and enjoy the gains.