• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Fish Monger loyalty broken?

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been doing quests fir the last 5 days and last night pulled a 120 Fishing. I was getting large orders, but now am getting single count 20 orders for inshore fish. From reading uo guide, it seemed that the loyalty should keep going up until I have 6 part quests at each port. Am I being unreasonable about this? I should not be getting a 20 brook trout order at this point. And it's not just that one fishmonger, I have 4 low count orders in my hold now..

Kinda annoyed!!!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you just pass 105 Fishing? The quests "reset" when you pass this milestone, to catch dungeon fish.

It is possible to get single count fishing orders with high loyalty withe the fish mongers. You have to have filled single line orders of 10, 15, and 20 for a particular fish, before the system will allow you to get the second line. If you have not filled those orders, than you will get the single line orders. I record my fishing quests/rewards. Looking at the data, my 254th quest (20 King Crab) and 258th quest (20 Pumpkinseed Sunfish) were single line orders (after getting to 105 fishing). There are 42 types of fish/crabs/lobsters (not including dungeon fish) which can be requested. Since there are 3 types of single line orders (10,15,20) which must be completed, that is 126 possible single line orders for your fisherman to get. Including the 12 dungeon fish, the possible single line orders goes up to 162 (54 total types of fish/crabs/lobsters).

The only way to get past the single line orders is to get them and fill them. You probably have a decent stockpile of fish, so they should be a quick turn around.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BG, I'm past 105, I've already had the dungeon fish, regularly actually. No clue why all of a sudden I'm back to 20 inshore fish. From reading uo guide, it seems that once loyalty is up, it's supposed to stay up, not revert back. Sure I have a stockpile of fish, but what's the point? Should I go back and tame bulls on my tamer again also?

Wondering if anyone else has the same issue with fishmongers...

Ahh BG, I re-read your post and understand your point. However, I'm sure I've done that 20 inshore quet, but maybe not as a single order.. Kinda weird if its coded that way!!?

MsCC

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I have 2 120 fisherwomen. Have been at 120 skill for more than 1 year on both characters yet I still get 1 liners on a regular basis. Even got a 1 liner for 15 deep sea fish a couple of days ago. Granted they are interspersed with larger 4-6 line orders but they still occur even after you are legendary and have turned in quests to get all your fish up to 20 count. Heck, yesterday I went out fishing and out of the first 20 casts I pulled up 14 pair of boots and/or shoes. Doesn't seem quite right. Maybe something did get reset by accident.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh BG, I re-read your post and understand your point. However, I'm sure I've done that 20 inshore quet, but maybe not as a single order.. Kinda weird if its coded that way!!?
It is kinda wierd, but it works. I know I have turned in orders with King Crabs and Pumkinseed Sunfish (i keep a spreadsheet of my quests and rewards, see one of the stickies in this forum), but they must have been, for lack of better term, a secondary request on the order. I thought I had done these too, but I could not find them in my records.

However, when I was reviewing my records for the above fish, I noticed that for the Cobia I did complete the single line 10/15/20s and later on had a single line request for Cobia. Here is what I postulate hapened:

The description of loyalty is that it increases your chance to have multiple line orders. "Increases" is not the same thing as "Guaruntees". There is most likely a point (after you fill the single line 10/15/20 orders for a particular fish) where the chance to add additional lines is not 100%. This would make it possible to get another single line order for that fish, though improbable. The system could be like this regardless of loyalty, so there is always a chance you could get a single line order, though the probability decreases with reputation. It would take an immense amount of data to prove/disprove tha the whole system works this way. Sometimes, you are just unlucky. Chalk up my Cobia order to bad luck and just keep fishing.

Stayin Alive,

BG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 120 fisherwomen. Have been at 120 skill for more than 1 year on both characters yet I still get 1 liners on a regular basis. Even got a 1 liner for 15 deep sea fish a couple of days ago. Granted they are interspersed with larger 4-6 line orders but they still occur even after you are legendary and have turned in quests to get all your fish up to 20 count. Heck, yesterday I went out fishing and out of the first 20 casts I pulled up 14 pair of boots and/or shoes. Doesn't seem quite right. Maybe something did get reset by accident.
I do not believe anything got reset. If it did, you would not get any requests of 4-6 line orders. You would receive only single line orders, and would basically be starting over. This has been confirmed to occur when you pass the fishing skill milestone of 105, which then adds dungeon fish into you possible requests. I doubt the system would be capable of only reseting certian fishes.

Stayin Alive,

BG

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh it got reset alright , you see i can attest to that my self:bored: i stop doing the fishing quest a year ago because all i was getting was 6 liners 20 fish per line all the time and ran out of fish. So i went on to other stuff in game and came back last week just to see if it was still the same and low and behold i started all over:cursing: one line 10 fish but to tell you the truth i like it and now after 300 plus quest I'm back up to 6 lines 20 fish but not all the time like last year.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I do believe that you lose loyalty if you do not fish, similar to the town loyalty system. That makes perfect sense, since they have not seen you in a while. I however did not take a break, so ill go with BG's reasonable explanation for now, until I hear from a Dev. Either way I'm not happy, but I will deal with it. I will gather up all this Giant Koi and Holy Mackerel bait and stick it under a Devs chair if I don't hear from them. *evil grin*