• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is everyone playing on bought accounts now?

G

Gark

Whether here, in game or other boards there seems to be a rash of ultra newbs running around, spouting facts, making accusations, and gm calls when they have no clue.
A fellow riding a polar bear , no less, paged on me for mining with a luna lance in hand. Said i was using some bug to train fencing.
A fellow commented to a guild mate of mine about said mate duping, for he was wearing fey leggings that werent elves only.
Even in game support and Ea reps on boards seem to have never played UO, or have dabbled in the last year or so.

A house spot, blocked by a remnant of a previous houses deco, was unusable, unplaceable. Paging a gm, I was referred to the info site, stating that gm's cant assist in house placemet or alter terrain to allow housing.
I had to dig in their info, finding the portion under heading can a gm fix lag, to the statement about broekn items causing lag and a gm can remove them. As a boiling cauldron poofing and leaving it's swirling stew behind, or a deeded item like a reindeer stand 2 stories in mid air seem to me to be a broken items i repaged. several minutes later the item poofed, with no notice in game or chat.
Fortunately for me no one else was waiting to place, or 3 hours of my life wasted might had diven me nuts.
I say bring back blood testing for marriages to keep cousins from mating.

B

Barrakketh

Highly likely since closed old accounts out number active account 5 to 1 , plenty of accounts available for newbs to purchase , and they are dirt cheap($15.00)too.

U

UOKaiser

Whether here, in game or other boards there seems to be a rash of ultra newbs running around, spouting facts, making accusations, and gm calls when they have no clue.
A fellow riding a polar bear , no less, paged on me for mining with a luna lance in hand. Said i was using some bug to train fencing.
A fellow commented to a guild mate of mine about said mate duping, for he was wearing fey leggings that werent elves only.
Even in game support and Ea reps on boards seem to have never played UO, or have dabbled in the last year or so.

A house spot, blocked by a remnant of a previous houses deco, was unusable, unplaceable. Paging a gm, I was referred to the info site, stating that gm's cant assist in house placemet or alter terrain to allow housing.
I had to dig in their info, finding the portion under heading can a gm fix lag, to the statement about broekn items causing lag and a gm can remove them. As a boiling cauldron poofing and leaving it's swirling stew behind, or a deeded item like a reindeer stand 2 stories in mid air seem to me to be a broken items i repaged. several minutes later the item poofed, with no notice in game or chat.
Fortunately for me no one else was waiting to place, or 3 hours of my life wasted might had diven me nuts.
I say bring back blood testing for marriages to keep cousins from mating.
Interesting had a similar experience with a guy on a polar bear but different accusation. It's like they only played UO for a month or something.

W

wee papa smurf

Is everyone playing on bought accounts now?

No, :D

As for the hose placement remember theres the 1 hour waiting period before you can place on that spot, atleast i think its an hour :p

M

MoneyMaker

No bought account here.

Its a sad state when in-game gold is worthless, and outside of game money is so tight that someone would go through all the trouble of selling a acct. for a measly ($15.00)

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if you want to be really technical, we all play bought accounts. Most of us, however, bought our accounts from EA when we bought the game :p

D

Dragonchilde

I play on my own account. It's not my original account, but every minute logged into this game has been 100% me.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My accounts have always been mine. What's more, I've never duped anything, speed hacked or unatended macro'ed (unless you count the time I fell asleep fishing).

J.B.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gold is cheap to buy, people might be buying gold, therefore buy gold ='s Newbs.