• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is every server besides Atlantic dead?

dabrixmgp

Visitor
So Atlantic is nice since theres always people to see and hunt with, especially since Im in a guild. One of my favorite UO memories was house ownership and I was lucky enough to place a 15x10 on an IDOC last week. I had so much fun designing the custom house I want something like an 18x18 to work on. Unfortunately with the house placing bots I dont see that happening unless I want to spend platinum, which I dont have. I was recently running around on my old server (Catskills) and found several sites that can hold larger custom plots without even really trying. Im not trying to place a Castle or Keep, I just want a nice 18x18 to design and relax in after a long day of hunting. Id also like to see another person every now and then and have someone around to buy stuff off my house vendor. So what are some good servers I should check out or are they all basically Ghost Towns except for Atlantic.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
If you are looking for the uo you left years ago you might want to try the new server coming out.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I will say 'ha' 'hings 'ave picked up on origin as you can'' find a spo' in luna 'hese days. Glad i go' mine.

dvv

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Siege Perilous is interesting. I think more people should check it out. Even if it’s not their main shard.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not necessarily dead, but no other shard has even 25% the population Atlantic does. If you play another shard you pretty much have to join the one or two centralized communities there who do everything together. If you don’t it’s very isolating, whereas on Atlantic there are tons of random people outside the main groups to do stuff with.

John Knighthawke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
To answer the title question: No.

To elaborate: Atlantic is the most-crowded shard. It is the closest you will get to the old-school UO experience of constant lag, shard crashes, and so many reverts that it was difficult to justify doing anything. If you think I'm exaggerating how bad it was, you're correct, but I'm not by much. There were people who complained, just like there are people who complain now about too few people.

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Like to go to atl to sell goods at overcharged prices and bring that gold back to my home on Chesapeake. Other than that i hate Atlantic.

Its nothing personal, its just business.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
You'd think Legends was dead till you try and park your boat by the black gate lol We just don't chat a whole bunch in general chat :)