• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is europa down

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite a few folks have this problem, can't get past the connecting screen to the character list... I posted over on UHall to see if we can get someone to look at what's up.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And as we approach 4 hours of downtime (for which I have paid) one gets increasingly frustrated by lack of communication. Is anything happening? has there been a natural disaster in the area and the servers are all broken? have the persons responsible for keeping the shards online all been killed by a mad axeman? Who knows ? certainly not us the paying customers.

It is a strange fact that despite it being common knowledge that keeping people advised is a sure way of alleviating annoyance and aggravation, it is seldom done. A simple statement to the fact that the problem is known and being attended works wonders. It is not only in this game but everywhere one encounters this lack of communication. Odd isn't it?

We should be inured to it by now, over the years and hours of downtime we are seldom advised that the problem is known and on those rare occasions it has been, it is because the periods have been long extensive ones. One wonders if our new overseers will improve this decidedly annoying situation. One can hope I suppose.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Ive already drafted a letter with the times of downtime, as mentioned before by someone else we are paying customers and no information or reimbursement has been given... I don't like to bring the lawyer from inside me, but this is negligence.... on their side. Hope BROADSWORD, get this message to realize, the players create the game, not the tech behind, as no money from us, means no work for them.. At least is not as bad as back in 2000, when the server may be down 2 days...heheheh hope it gets it sorted because I woke up early and wanna play LOL

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Just saw this post whilst scanning during a lunch break; I started up the Supah Secret EM Gossip Box and it doesn't look like the US Devs are awake yet, it's still 6.49am Texas time... but I've left a message for Mesanna et all to say it's gone there too, and hopefully it'll be back soon. Now to get back to other work, boo. Still at least they don't complain about my bringing ravens into work... you weren't going to eat those sandwiches anyway, what's the problem?!

(Will get on with updating fiction and working on your suggestions in the next few days :p )

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of you guys are going a little OTT. It's only 4 hours, during the shards non primetime hours and dev sleeping hours. They'll sort it.
Some of you guys are going a little OTT. It's only 4 hours, during the shards non primetime hours and dev sleeping hours. They'll sort it.
Errr as it is now 8 hours, still down and not a word about it being remedied, is it alright to start getting annoyed now? I do wish I had your confidence in their sorting it, as far as we know they might not even be aware. As you say, they will sort and I suppose they will, tomorrow maybe? or next week?, next month?.

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa shard was just removed from the shard list when u log in so im guessing they are workin on a fix--just a guess though...

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope it's back soon, I have a blessed couple of days with no work and there are pirates to be caught.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[Sorry for going off topic] Wow Valura - long time no see - years and years since those battles between the Shadowcourt and your guild. You were just the baddest baddie RP wise. I hope you are well. Just wow again =) Trying to dig out the name of your guild from my shattered memory. Our website is still there but the guild has sadly long gone. It went with Muldran leaving. http://www.shadowcourt.co.uk/index.htm

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those were very, very fun times. I remember them and all the guilds we played along with very fondly. I do have a big soft spot for the Shadowcourt. I was wandering along Vesper's coastline recently and saw a house that belonged to Muldran and I was wondering whether the old dog was still haunting the lands. We were, and I guess still are, OoE. I lost the stone when my keeps fell a few years ago - along with so many precious objects and memories but the guild name is still over my head. I will read your website later and I am hoping to be around a lot more. Azeroth and the other lands travelled have left me yearning for experiences which are a little deeper and richer.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those were very, very fun times. I remember them and all the guilds we played along with very fondly. I do have a big soft spot for the Shadowcourt. I was wandering along Vesper's coastline recently and saw a house that belonged to Muldran and I was wondering whether the old dog was still haunting the lands. We were, and I guess still are, OoE. I lost the stone when my keeps fell a few years ago - along with so many precious objects and memories but the guild name is still over my head. I will read your website later and I am hoping to be around a lot more. Azeroth and the other lands travelled have left me yearning for experiences which are a little deeper and richer.
Outcasts of Eldamar wasnt it! Wow. Two wows in a week. One of your guys joined SCT. Nice chap. Talked to him on and off for years after he left UO. He was an amazing PvPer - his spell strike combos could hit for like 80+ HP damage in those days. Cant remember his name and I lost my ICQ account years ago. And yes very fun times indeed. I log in occasionally to wander around but the magic has gone for me more or less. Tried the "other" MMos but realised they are all just a level hoarding grind. Glad you are well. AHAH! Indrazerro? Was that his name?

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, he was one of ours. I lost touch with him when we moved to DaoC, lost others when we went to SWG, so many friends lost across so many failed games and servers. *sigh*