• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Endless Journey Finally Here?!?

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh nevermind. I just read the News Letter. Got all excited when I logged on & should of read alil first.

Anyways, here the new splash screen if anyone's not played in a while & curious.
Towards the end of March is the expected release for testing before public release.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You'll know when EJ goes live, cuz the lands will be alive with people running around playing!

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
You'll know when EJ goes live, cuz the lands will be alive with people running around playing!
Did you forget /s ?

Everyone here probably hopes for this - me included, but do you really thing it's going to bring that many people back? Do you think BS did any market research and asked if people would come back to UO with a system like EJ?

I just don't understand who they are targeting. People who left are so sour on the game they aren't going to try it again whether it is free or not.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Did you forget /s ?

Everyone here probably hopes for this - me included, but do you really thing it's going to bring that many people back? Do you think BS did any market research and asked if people would come back to UO with a system like EJ?

I just don't understand who they are targeting. People who left are so sour on the game they aren't going to try it again whether it is free or not.
Those who are playing and enjoying the free shards won't come back either, why come back for free and be restricted when you can play for free and not have the restrictions?

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Those who are playing and enjoying the free shards won't come back either, why come back for free and be restricted when you can play for free and not have the restrictions?
I tried free shards... I'm not knocking them, but a lot are stupid and a lot do not have housing space either for many players. A couple just let you bump your skills up to max just for walking through a moongate.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I tried free shards... I'm not knocking them, but a lot are stupid and a lot do not have housing space either for many players. A couple just let you bump your skills up to max just for walking through a moongate.
I'm not saying that they are perfect replacements, just that there are enough of them to potentially impact the effectiveness of the EJ.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I remember most as well.... and I also remember that the clouds would scroll by and I used to watch that for awhile before logging in as it was so pretty..
Is that the one that also had the birds fly over?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is that the one that also had the birds fly over?
Not sure I remember birds... but I do remember the clouds used to scroll across... Kinda think the sky used to go from day to night as well...

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure I remember birds... but I do remember the clouds used to scroll across... Kinda think the sky used to go from day to night as well...
There was one where a flock of birds flew between the clouds and the castle.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you forget /s ?

So if there is going to be new players running around all over the place, ahh you mean they finally hired an advertisement company to get the word out ?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is what I remember most as well.... and I also remember that the clouds would scroll by and I used to watch that for awhile before logging in as it was so pretty..

Yup this was the best one

I wish they would just give us the option to use which ever one we want

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No release date yet for EJ?
Surely they should be building the hype?
Only if they wanted this to succeed. But then, they would also give it a proper name people recognize, like free to play or something?

Pretty sure a change that big is dictated by EA and Bonnie is just bitter with no motivation to make it success.

But then if FTP is no success for UO, nobody knows what EA does next.

Syncros

Adventurer
Endless Journey looks ok but if they wanted to give some F2P action they should limit it to 1-2 shards and allow almost everything aside from some things like owning a house but make a special area where you can place a small/med house and customize it to your hearts content but after 24hrs or so it falls and everything in it gets deleted. Etc...

Then have it so anyone that wants the full version gets an option for their character or an adv char token on the shard of their choosing with some gold etc..

As is, the only reason I would check UO back out as a vet is to see if any friends/guildies still played. Some EJ vs paid is like WTF are they thinking? Like cant get power scrolls from champ spawns but you can use them... lol

Then there's the High Sea's thing, IMO should've been included with Time of Legends along with Stygian Abyss. Gothic/Rustic and Kings Collection is fine left as addons but be nice as well if said items they come with are greyed out or something from crafting menu, I know they are for house customization as I always have to scroll through the greyed out items there.

Publish 99 – Ultima Online

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Disagree on just about everything you said there Syncros, sorry.

I wouldn't want my home shard to be one of two EJ are allowed on without ANY limit. I also think coding a exclusive house spot and timer is too much away from subscribers for a free thing. High Seas is fine as a booster.. It's not for everyone.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some EJ vs paid is like WTF are they thinking? Like cant get power scrolls from champ spawns but you can use them... lol
Yeah this kinda got to me too, but then, they ahve to protect the PS market and their friends, I am sure. That's why there aren't PSs at anything but Fel spawns