• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Is collecting EM event items over?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Caving again the complainers, the downfall of the program every time it was canceled in the past.

Whoever is making these decisions just does not get that (most of) these items are inherently worthless. Players place value on them because they are rare. Even cloaks with just a special name can fetch tens of millions of gold. It isn't about the properties or the distribution. Players just want to collect this stuff.

So instead of letting it happen they stop handing out items.

L

Lord_Deimos

You guys are confusing things...

This is for Shard specific events, ran by the EM themselves. For the Events ran during the arc there will still be items given out..Such as The broken crystals...The Spellbook... ect ect.

I know on Chessy instead of handing rewards, they put special "memorials" in the game to acknowledge the winners. Like plaque with the players name on it next to a special statue.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think Flutter and JC are confused at all.. what will be missing are shard specific mementos, as far as I can tell.... we end with homogenized, across-the-board, nothing special items and it won't matter if they're from Atlantic or Origin, cause all the items dropped at events will be the same, and anything unique will be glued to a house on the shard

am I reading all of this right?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yep youre reading it right Devils. Its sad and sick. It's supposed to be about whats fun. Its fun for some people to collect these things. Just because a few people on stratics uhall boo-hoo'd because everyone didn't get an item here or there (I mean cmon... not everyone is SUPPOSED to get an item puhleeze...) now we get this lovely tribute.
No more saving up for that one coveted item.... no more "I just need one more to complete my set!"
No more fun for collectors at all. Here... everyone buy a tee shirt. Lets all be drones with the same exact items suits and "Rares" (lol). Good job.

L

Lord_Deimos

Yep youre reading it right Devils. Its sad and sick. It's supposed to be about whats fun. Its fun for some people to collect these things. Just because a few people on stratics uhall boo-hoo'd because everyone didn't get an item here or there (I mean cmon... not everyone is SUPPOSED to get an item puhleeze...) now we get this lovely tribute.
No more saving up for that one coveted item.... no more "I just need one more to complete my set!"
No more fun for collectors at all. Here... everyone buy a tee shirt. Lets all be drones with the same exact items suits and "Rares" (lol). Good job.

Ummm They were ALREADY gone when they canned the EM Program. So its back again, but without the shard specific event items...Well they were gone before too and it didnt hurt the business.

Besides some of the community events have some rare items...The ricardo set anyone?

I mean we are being a bit selfish here....The WHOLE EM program was GONE. I was very upset...But Atleast its back creating in game events for the playerbase, along with that the community events.

W

Wraith One

Yes, it is really sad to see that we no longer get the shard specific items anymore. That is what shard specific events were about half the time. The problem before was the EMs got out of hand and made a few too many overpowering items. I am really not bothered by this change, but I am disappointed that a few complainers ruined another fun aspect of the game. Whatever happened to simply being grateful that you even got an item, or had the chance. It's just like going to doom. You can't expect to walk away with an orny every time so don't expect something from every event.