• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is Coil doable as a tamer?

• Thread starter Detharleon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Detharleon

I seem to recall seeing somewhere that Coil did a mortal strike (on top of the lethal poison), any suggestions as to what pet might work best on it, if any?

I

imported_Hinotori

On my stealth/tamer (who can't help the pets fights) I use my kitsune/beetle and can kill them fine. With my disco/tamer I can use any pets and it dies very fast.

G

Very, as long as you're human. Don't even try if you're a silly elf. I've killed them a lot of times, but you need the human JoaT for your 20 bonus to spellweaving and chivalry. Gift of renew heals thru mortal and remove curse takes it away. I've used my beetle and mare and my dog.

I

imported_Hinotori

All my tamers are elves, and only the archer has chiv. Trick is to kill the thing as fast as you can. If you have disco it's a cake walk. I kill them for gold with my disco/tamer.

Lure the one you're going to kill up from where it spawns so the respawn doesnt overwealm you and you can heal pets before getting it.

I haven't even tried using a greater dragon against it yet. I'll have to try it out.

I

imported_Sarphus

coil is easily slain by a discord tamer

I've also slain it with a provoke tamer and a peace tamer.

I

imported_revenant2

I know a tamer who does these with a well trained cu sidhe, but he's generally good at what he does.

He puts the dog on it and then just flamestrikes the heck out of the coil, basically mana dumps on it, and at the end of the process the dog is pretty hurt but the coil is dead. He's a stacked 120 eval tamer mage template with a good suit.

If I recall correctly, a good superdragon did okay when I used one, my tamer has chiv and can pull the mortal off now and then.

G

I have a very well trained greater that does well, tho if not careful WILL go down to Coil. I have spellweaving on my tamer, and wish like heck I had room for chiv, but the drag usually will pull off and try to heal if he gets in trouble.