• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Is Catskills still a fun shard to play in spite of low population?

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
A friend (well a relative actually) has offered me her Cats Castle (nice word combo) if I promise not to sell it. Its in Trammel even. I'm an almost 18 year vet of UO but am kind of behind in learning all the new stuff. Been playing on Atlantic for quite a while, and almost every other N. American shard at one time or other. The castle is actually in Trammel. I would like to hunt with a group if possible, so I can learn more about, for example, Exodus. I'll probably transfer a good character from Atlantic with alot of stuff. I hope I'm not sounding obnoxious here. Thanks in advance for any responses.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy,
I believe Cats is very fun to play. I wouldn't call the population "low" either. I would say that cats is an easy "medium" category.

There are lots of people active in PvP, RP, Pvm, events, auctions and all other aspects of the game. If you are looking to hunt, there are many options to choose from. If you would like to hunt with our guild, look up any K^S member.

Good luck!

Val Van Wolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for your reply Zuckuss. I did some new vendor searches on Cats today with an old, untrained character and found no legendary Magery or Mysticism scrolls available, so I may bring somebody who is fully fledged. The whole thing is pretty exciting.!!!

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like to think of Cats as being laid back. By that I mean I intended to log in, but laid back and fell asleep.

Really though, you will find a lot of nice folks still log in and play on Cats.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Catskills is a medium population shard, yes. But here are some things you should know:

• There are very few real bank sitters in Catskills. Like logging into say ATL, you might see tons of folks at Luna bank. That's not the case on Catskills, but that is not an indication of our population numbers. A lot of folks use various different banks since we really do take "citizenships" somewhat to heart --- for example Vesper folks will most often use Vesper Bank.
  • Its very schedule driven. People schedule events and we post it on our events post/calendar. Its great to be able to plan ahead to attend things, as people have busy real lives for the most part.
  • It is very guild centric. PvM/PvP/RP happens within a few select guilds, being part of these guilds helps a lot.
  • General Chat is your best friend. Sometimes there is some smack talking but for the most part it remains pretty friendly.
  • There is a separate RP Community chat for those interested in RP.