Is Cart needed to dig up treasure?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
C

Coragin

I know its needed to decode maps, but after they are decoded, do you need cart to dig up the treasure? Or can I put Cart on a different char and free up 100 points?

J

Jermosh

I know its needed to decode maps, but after they are decoded, do you need cart to dig up the treasure? Or can I put Cart on a different char and free up 100 points?
The char doing the digging needs to decode the map, but not have the skill at that time I think. So you could shard it if you wanted.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
The character doing the digging has to have decoded the map at some point, even if the skill is currently stoned off. I think he might even have to be the original decoder.

If a different character decodes the map originally, the T-Hunter HAS to have cartography on him or her when he digs it.

D

DuLang

Yeah, has to be the original decoder of the map.

If someone else had the first decode, then any one else wanting to dig the map will need to have their Cart skill on their template at the time of digging

S

slavoie

No you do not need cart to dig up the map, mine is stonded and traded out with lockpicking when I need to decode, I just do them in bunches.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Except that you're only partially correct, slavoie....

IF YOU decode a map, then stone the cart off and put LP on THE SAME CHARACTER, you CAN dig the map.

IF SOMEONE ELSE decodes the map first, you MUST HAVE Cartography on the digger of a level high enough to decode the map.

Examples....

John is a soulstone T-hunter, swapping out Carography & Lockpicking as needed.

IF John decodes a level six map, soulstones Cartography, then puts on Lockpicking, he can dig the chest up for that map, and open it.

IF MARY decodes a level six map, and is the first person to decode the map, John MUST have Cartography on him to dig that map's chest up, even if he redecoded it himself (and made it lose part of his tag). Someone else MIGHT be able to pick the lock, but only the digger can loot it.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
I meant in the sense of a solo T-hunter... Some people have asked about the possibility (which won't work in most instances) of Cart on one character, LP on another.

IF you have a PARTY of people, anyone in the party can loot the chest - but if you break the party, only the digger can loot the chest.

M

Maximilliean

I thought the person holding the map had looting rights unless they were partied or has that changed. I remember doing maps with friends and guildmates where I would give them the map, they would decode, dig it up, unlock it, trip the traps, then give me the map back so I could loot the chest.

J

Jermosh

I thought the person holding the map had looting rights unless they were partied or has that changed. I remember doing maps with friends and guildmates where I would give them the map, they would decode, dig it up, unlock it, trip the traps, then give me the map back so I could loot the chest.
Guilded counts as well, I have always remember it was the one who dug it and the party. But its been a long time since there was a need for a T-Hunter for contract. I used to have a contract with a guild that was next to my house near Cove, I did it for all the gems and scrolls, they got the gold, loot, and spawn.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Jul 16, 2003
Southeastern Kentucky
home.kih.net
Guilded never counted for me - every time someone, even in my guild (before I was in THB), left the party, they couldn't access the chest anymore - even if we reformed the party, or added them back.

J

Jermosh

Hmm maybe they were all partied then. Again this was a long time ago, back when a lvl5 was a 5+ job.