• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is anyone even working on this game any more?

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
P

Prince Caspian

I mean really. We get like a feeble patch every other month. Which doesn't do much more but let us stack a few items. Oooh.

On WWIIOnline I remember getting meaningful content virtually every week, and development updates every day.

Can we have a ToT run? Another carbon-copy invasion (I swear, Britannian cities get invaded more than Vichy France)? Easter egg hunt? Weasel Stomping Day? SOMETHING?

I haven't logged on UO in over a month, and I see I haven't missed squat.

S

Sunrise

in a galaxy far far away...

They went.

With all the money....

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It could be that they are all busy working on the next expansion and event items and really don't want to make announcement until they are sure things can be done as designed.rolleyes:

Do you know how many bugs this game would have if they published something new every week based of past pubs.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean really. We get like a feeble patch every other month. Which doesn't do much more but let us stack a few items. Oooh.

On WWIIOnline I remember getting meaningful content virtually every week, and development updates every day.

Can we have a ToT run? Another carbon-copy invasion (I swear, Britannian cities get invaded more than Vichy France)? Easter egg hunt? Weasel Stomping Day? SOMETHING?

I haven't logged on UO in over a month, and I see I haven't missed squat.
Well, we haven't had a poem from you in a long time and I was just thinking I had been missing em. Then you go and log in all prosey and stuff.

What up!?:gee:

F

Fox (Europa)

Britannian cities get invaded more than Vichy France
France was not invaded by a hostile force between July 1940 and August 1944 - the period that 'Vichy France' existed. So not a very good example.

Fox

S

sapphirediablo11

*raises hand*

*goes back to his dungeon*
Ah ha! i found you. but not your lair muhahaha!!!!

See everyone who works for the game is bust reading all the post about how to make the game better :p (kiddin or am i dumdum dummmm... yea i am :p )

so out of however many people there are only 1 is out there... heheh

But this game is just being worked on BY less, which is why it is being worked on less...

B

Bullet

It could be that they are all busy working on the next expansion and event items and really don't want to make announcement until they are sure things can be done as designed.rolleyes:

Do you know how many bugs this game would have if they published something new every week based of past pubs.
You do realize they have been working on the next expasion for 2 years now? Dont you??? or so they say!

S

sapphirediablo11

*puts Supreem's hand down*

Who allowed you out of the dungeon?! :twak:
Ah HA! So your the one that is keeping everyone that works on the game in the dungeon *grabs rocks*

*looks around* WITCH WITCH I FOUND A WITCH BURN THEM!!!!:flame:

just fooling

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah HA! So your the one that is keeping everyone that works on the game in the dungeon *grabs rocks*

*looks around* WITCH WITCH I FOUND A WITCH BURN THEM!!!!:flame:

just fooling
Does she float? Erm, very small rocks. Can we build a bridge out of her?

:stir:<<<<< this should have a witches hat on top of it.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You make a good point, Caspian
Take a look at - http://update.uo.com/latest.html
Scroll to the bottom and look at how many updates/changes that were made every month.
Ouch! Compared to the amount of patches from previous years this year just barely scratches the surface.
I hope this means either they are reducing patches by doing more testing or working on something worthwhile that will actually see the light of day instead of hitting file 13.

If all this stuff with SA gets canned look at all that wasted time, money, and effort. Hope the wait is worth it all.

R

RedDaTeef

Looks like Regine and Supreem are on damage control detail...

F

Flora Green

Does she float? Erm, very small rocks. Can we build a bridge out of her?

:stir:<<<<< this should have a witches hat on top of it.
Well we did do the nose. And the hat, but she's a witch!! :lol:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, she turned me into a NEWT!

Wha?

Well, I got bettah.

*rummages through the VHS tapes*:popcorn:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As much as I hate the saying, it's like comparing apples and oranges. To my understanding WoW updates weekly? Aside from that, games I know have quarterly updates or even slightly more often than that. But, they are huge patches with a lot of content. Games like Final Fantasy never have servers down except for the updates or patches.

I would have to agree with others and say they are working on the expansion. I really don't expect a whole lot of updates until after the expansion. I do appreciate its not like Microsoft where they just ship out the new product and let everyone beta test it. Just my opinion.

S

sapphirediablo11

*gallops back to his dungeon*

Ah ha! again! Now we know what the team is up to... making their own characters run through towns and killing people!!! but i missed it!!!:sad2:

Yea well as seen there are 2 people working on this game :D
hehe might even be a few rats, and a dog or two :|

But that is all that they can spare :p

hehe Muhahah!!!

L

laurlo

I would like to see basic content, some things readded... like being able to set cities...

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UO died 6 months ago, they stopped paying for the servers.

Eventually the people who own the servers will realize they aren't getting paid, and will shut the game down. Shard by shard, logon server by logon server.

Haven't you noticed the logon servers being down sometimes? That's a sign.

Haven't you seen my website? I say all this.

-Galen's player

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's hilarious how this thread went from a serious question, to yet another giggly Dev butt kissing contest....the people who care about the game and it's problems make posts asking, and the people complete delirious with huge Game Blinders on, chime in to completely derail a thread, and of course the Devs join in on the Derailing, but never the topic at hand..

Galad

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's hilarious how this thread went from a serious question, to yet another giggly Dev butt kissing contest....the people who care about the game and it's problems make posts asking, and the people complete delirious with huge Game Blinders on, chime in to completely derail a thread, and of course the Devs join in on the Derailing, but never the topic at hand..
QFT

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. Every topic I see asking a question, a dev or someone that works on the team says something about looking into it and then it turns into a giant cheerleading competition. If I wanted to see that, I'd just go to my high school's football games. :/

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not hilarious. It's pathetic and sad when sycophants pile into threads like this, to their OWN doom. They don't even realize they're undermining the game and their own interests as gamers - this is why EA thinks they enjoy carte blanche to ignore paying customers raising valid issues about their lack of effort. Laugh them off, and if that fails, coerce the mods to lock threads.

D

Deb

According to the Town Hall..there are 20 to 30 people working on UO
I believe what was said.

P

Prince Caspian

I suppose its foolish to think that a game could stay fresh and cutting edge after a ten year run, but lately, it's painfully obvious that EA is just trying to get blood from the turnip.

I'm sorry, but a dev popping in and saying he is working on stuff, without any comment or proof on WHAT he is working on, that doesn't do it for me. All I see is weeks and weeks of nothing but Five on Fridays posted as news... nothing else.

I am lucky enough to be a member of one of the most active guilds on Sonoma -- PAS. By our own resources, and our own efforts, we hold events far more frequently (and often more fun) than the bones thrown to us by the devs every 4 months. And we are PLAYERS, doing it out of our own time. With 20-30 people there, I can't imagine it would be too difficult to run a minor event every week or so. PAS does it 5 times a week, at least, for goodness sake.

D

Dutchhans

It's not hilarious. It's pathetic and sad when sycophants pile into threads like this, to their OWN doom. They don't even realize they're undermining the game and their own interests as gamers - this is why EA thinks they enjoy carte blanche to ignore paying customers raising valid issues about their lack of effort. Laugh them off, and if that fails, coerce the mods to lock threads.
Since Beta people have predicted the end of UO (me included), and wondered if there was any one left in the office. :D

T

Tycolby

If you say you're working on it then show us the Proof or STHU!!!!!:yell:

A

Altec

This game already has alot of bugs. If one weeks publish caused a bug you fix it with the next weeks publishing.