• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is an Enchant Macro possible?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi folks,

is there any way of creating a macro using the 'Enchant' mysticism spell that will automatically 'select' the spell effect you wish to apply instead of having to cast then select the spell? (ie set an auto default that stays until you select a different effect)

I find this spell really difficult to actually cast as the casting time is fairly long (which to me is adequate penalty) and then you have to mess around with the gump to actually select the effect. If you are under heavy fire this is just aggravating to the extreme, especially if you are needing to move frequently so your mouse is engaged in running your char and you cant actually 'click' the selection.

Or maybe Pinko can look at that gump and make one that has a selection that you can 'target' for a macro. So cast spell/delay/select 'target' 'stored' in once click macro.

I guess I am just being hopeful. Love the spell but find it a pain in the rear to execute effectively.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
as of right now I am aware of no way to do this!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi folks,

is there any way of creating a macro using the 'Enchant' mysticism spell that will automatically 'select' the spell effect you wish to apply instead of having to cast then select the spell? (ie set an auto default that stays until you select a different effect)

I find this spell really difficult to actually cast as the casting time is fairly long (which to me is adequate penalty) and then you have to mess around with the gump to actually select the effect. If you are under heavy fire this is just aggravating to the extreme, especially if you are needing to move frequently so your mouse is engaged in running your char and you cant actually 'click' the selection.

Or maybe Pinko can look at that gump and make one that has a selection that you can 'target' for a macro. So cast spell/delay/select 'target' 'stored' in once click macro.

I guess I am just being hopeful. Love the spell but find it a pain in the rear to execute effectively.
update my UI then :
1) right click the enchant spell icon when is on an hotbar slot
2) select from the context menu: Select Enchant
3) select the enchant to use

After you have done that the enchantment will be automatically selected from the gump.
To change it just re-do the procedure.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
wow pinco when did you add this that is awesome I never even noticed it!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Absolutely Brilliant Pinko! That is absolutely fantastic.

Great work!

Do other spells that require a 'select' also work like this, ie like necro/mage form spells, summon creature mage etc ?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Absolutely Brilliant Pinko! That is absolutely fantastic.

Great work!

Do other spells that require a 'select' also work like this, ie like necro/mage form spells, summon creature mage etc ?
no, also because polymorph and summon familiar are not spells to be used on the fly like enchant :D

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now in 2015, It appears this has stopped working :( now when I use the macro it still wants me to select the enchant, and in the hotbar, once selected the enchant it still puts up the gump and you have to manually click it, assigning a hotkey also makes you select the enchant so no dif to just having the actual spell again. Even though when I look at it in the hotbar the select enchant says 'hit lightning' it doesn't actually select it unless i do it manually.