• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is all armor medable?

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Is all armor medable now or does it still need the "mage armor" atribute?
I tried with a Studded Leather armor piece on my char and I didnt see any difference in mana regain time and also while activily meditating I could not measure any differences.

Thanks.

/Zayin

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi,

I tried with a Studded Leather armor piece on my char and I didnt see any difference in mana regain time and also while activily meditating I could not measure any differences.

Thanks.

/Zayin
All leather is medable. Studded armor, chain, ringmail, and plate armor is not unless it is mage armor.

TB Cookie [W]

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Thanks.

/Zayin

Cloth, leather and leaf are medable.

Hide, studded leather, bone, studded samurai, woodland, gargish stone, ringmail, chainmail, dragon, platemail, gargish platemail, and platemail samurai, are not medable.

The non medable needs mage armour property to med in.

If you have anything like 18-30 Mana Regen, it's almost like having meditation, so a lot of people drop med if they have 30 MR.

I still notice the difference though if you are actively meditating.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still trying to get the devs to display the hidden LMC bonus on non medable items , i might work on this later.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok.. thanks all.
Might be beause I have high total MR as I didnt see any real difference when putting on the studdet leather piece.
So you are saying I could use 120 skill points for something else than meditation if I have over 20 MR?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try using the mediation skill, if you're unable to meditate as the forces couldn't penetrate your armour, you have a non medable piece on.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also the Turtle armor and the Tiger armor are medable as well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This does not follow a good pattern. Some animal hides (leather, scales) are medable but some are not. Leaves are but wood is not.

Only anything that has metal in it is consistently non med.

The best way to remember is:

Try using the mediation skill, if you're unable to meditate as the forces couldn't penetrate your armour, you have a non medable piece on.
Sad.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok.. thanks all.
Might be beause I have high total MR as I didnt see any real difference when putting on the studdet leather piece.
So you are saying I could use 120 skill points for something else than meditation if I have over 20 MR?
it doesnt provide a bonus to mana regen, it provides bonus for lmc, which displays in your stats bar. max with med is 40. metal with give 1 lmc per piece, studded/bone/hide 3 per piece. with a max application of 5 pieces (can mix metal and studded but it only takes into account 5 pieces, not the full 6 from a suit)

theres also stamina loss prevention associated with the different armor types.
metal give lots of stam loss prevention
med gives 0
studded / bone / hide gives some
wood gives some (but gives no lmc bonus)

if you have the "mage armor" property on any piece, its treated as med with no lmc bonus and no stam loss prevention, but the property can be removed by paying 250k gold from the npc mage guildmaster.

also a non intuitive one is while elven hide gives the 3 lmc bonus like studded, dragon hide armor is actually medable, like cloth or leather.

hope that explains it better.

Last edited: