• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Is a stone Forming archer a bad idea?

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Working up SW on an archer just because he had the open points. Now I am wondering if he could actually be a stone form archer?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
For an archer, SSI is important. Stone form doesn't help you out there. Also, stone form is meant for you to tank, archers (and throwers) aren't supposed to be getting pounded in melee. Plus, with refinements you can get to 75 resists on a normal suit.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
For an archer, SSI is important. Stone form doesn't help you out there. Also, stone form is meant for you to tank, archers (and throwers) aren't supposed to be getting pounded in melee. Plus, with refinements you can get to 75 resists on a normal suit.
I was thinking that SF wasn't in the best interest of an archer but needed to hear from someone that knew. Thank you

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not really, Spellweaving is 120 points, Stone Form is 240 points.

The best thing to pair with Stone Form is Mace Fighting.
Just by luck I have a macer from the old days that I wasn't sure what to do with. I have plenty of soul stones so I can rework his current skills. I am just not sure how to do that, here is his list of skills:
Anatomy 50.1
Healing 48.4
Mace 100.0
Tactics 100.0
Parry 92.9
Wrestle 98.4
Magery 100.0
Hiding 44.8

How should I restructure his skills to add SW and Focus? Get rid of Hiding, Wrestle, and Parry? So I change out magery for Chivalry?

His stats are 96/69/64

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Well the purpose of a Mystic/Macer would be to play in Stone Form, so your Bandages can't be interrupted or slowed by Curses.

I had Mace (120), Tact, Heal, Anat, Myst (120), Focus (120), Chiv (70).

Played in Protection also. I forget the exact suit but it had 100 LRC and all the usual dexxer mods, that was just from Imbuing.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well the purpose of a Mystic/Macer would be to play in Stone Form, so your Bandages can't be interrupted or slowed by Curses.

I had Mace (120), Tact, Heal, Anat, Myst (120), Focus (120), Chiv (70).

Played in Protection also. I forget the exact suit but it had 100 LRC and all the usual dexxer mods, that was just from Imbuing.
Is this the type of build I see doing the turtle?Do you wear jewels that raise Chiv above 70?

Last edited:

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
No. Most of the people doing the Turtle spawn on Mystics just go in Stone Form to avoid the Poison, they generally just cast Colossus and Invis.

No it just had 70 for EoO.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
One of my main characters for group play is a mystic/archer:
120 Archery
120 Tactics
50 Anat
120 Chiv
120 Mystic
120 Focus
GM Alchemy
(roughly 45 skills from equipment)
GM Alchemy+50 EP lets me use str and dex pots for alot of extra stats. Balanced bow so I can use healing stone and heal/cure pots as well. RC does good damage and tanks while I fire off arrows with EoO. I swing at 1.5 with 160 stam and 60 ssi and use divine fury to offset the -ssi when using stone form (such as at the turtle spawn). He has trouble playing solo against things that move quickly and cast heavily. Overall a fun and effective template.
I'm in the process of building a stone form macer, considering going with GM spirit speak and 40 necro +HLL for healing but that gets pretty cramped skillwise.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The mobs that get right in my face are irritating. Think Para scorpions and other like them. I really like magery on my character if nothing more than to be able to mark runes. But I also like the increased DMG Chiv allows. I may have to change it.
With Ana so low that doesn't give you any problems on attacks?