• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is a 50/50 elemental weapon useful when fighting Anon?

kanada01

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hi

I thought this while I was fighting Anon on the roof.

Anon turns into an attacked element.

What if I attack with a weapon with elemental properties of 50/50?

Two weapons this way.

Fire / ice, poison / energy

Is this useful?

Turkish

Journeyman
I recently tried 2 different 100% weapons and it worked pretty well. I used cold and fire. And I just alternate between the two whenever he changed. I was able to do much more damage while he was in Ele form, than when he was in human form. So I'm considering using a third weapon for when he is in human form but not sure what would be best.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If he's not either one, you're good. Otherwise you're still doing some damage, but not much (half damage, plus some of of the other he'll heal, I understand)

People still use Cu's there, after all.

But, you're far better off switching weapons.

kanada01

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I recently tried 2 different 100% weapons and it worked pretty well. I used cold and fire. And I just alternate between the two whenever he changed. I was able to do much more damage while he was in Ele form, than when he was in human form. So I'm considering using a third weapon for when he is in human form but not sure what would be best.
Thanks for the reply

I searched and found an article recommending poison element weapons when Anon is in human form.

I am also considering using poison element weapons.

kanada01

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If he's not either one, you're good. Otherwise you're still doing some damage, but not much (half damage, plus some of of the other he'll heal, I understand)

People still use Cu's there, after all.

But, you're far better off switching weapons.
Thanks for the reply.

When I made a weapon, it was very difficult to make a 50/50 elemental weapon. It is better to make multiple 100% Elemental Weapons.

So I decided to hunt for a party with the Tamers using Triton and Firebeetle, and using cold and energy weapons.

In particular, the elemental slayer property, Hit Area, and magic attack were used by embedding them on the weapon. (Hit harm for cold weapons, Hit Lightning for energy weapons)

The hit area property did not directly damage the main target, but it made the party hunting more stable by making the summoners attack me.

The time to catch Anon has been significantly shorter than before.

I have another question, would the hit magic attack property work for Ozymandias?

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the reply.

When I made a weapon, it was very difficult to make a 50/50 elemental weapon. It is better to make multiple 100% Elemental Weapons.

So I decided to hunt for a party with the Tamers using Triton and Firebeetle, and using cold and energy weapons.

In particular, the elemental slayer property, Hit Area, and magic attack were used by embedding them on the weapon. (Hit harm for cold weapons, Hit Lightning for energy weapons)

The hit area property did not directly damage the main target, but it made the party hunting more stable by making the summoners attack me.

The time to catch Anon has been significantly shorter than before.

I have another question, would the hit magic attack property work for Ozymandias?
You are better off just making the same exact weapon with the only difference being elemental damage (have like 1 phys and 1 fire). When Anon turns to a earth ele u will use the fire axe; when he turns to a fire ele yuo just use the phys axe... must easier that creating an axe with 50/50 damage. Additionally going the 50/50 route isn't the best idea... technically you would want a physical axe enhanced with like valorite because then you will have a nice diverse damage type (max being 40% physical) and every damage aside from the form he is in will do damage that he wont leech.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use pets but same idea, it turns to your pet damage then pull your pet off and let the other pets have it.

But, most just leave Cus on it, theres more damage than Leech.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use a weapon with armor ignore, and u dont have to worrie ?

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
I have used a chaos damage weapons and it really throws off his elemental form.

It makes him cycle through all random forms and allows for pets to stay on longer.

He definitely only picks elements that hit him so chaos lets you keep hitting him consistently.

Naxatilor Feluka

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Ang7 A chaos weapon does each damage time exactly 20% of the time, so 20% of the time you are healing him. MUCH more effective to use one weapon to change his form, then switch to another for damage, repeat.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Agreed. It is more efficient to switch for sure.

chaos damage isn’t a spread of all, but a randomized one each time.

math is close to the same since it’s still 20% chance to heal him during elemental form, but the randomness causes him to pick forms that are useful for leaving pets on him.

Its most effective to carry 2 or 3 and swap, but if you do chaos, you don’t need to swap and you help pets stay on longer. If you carry 2 elements, he only chooses those 2 elements. Maybe choose poison and fire if you normally have Cus with you and that is close to ideal.

I try to solo with a samp and tamer so it’s easier to control with a chaos weapon.