• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is 600 health enough for a pet? Cu Sidhe

sini00

Visitor
I want to set my Cu Sidhe to have 600 health. That gives me enough room for everything else, and all 120 scrolls. It also means I can bump the mana up to 1000. I could drop the mana a bit, and add more hp instead, but hp still won't be much over 650. Decided i'd rather have 100% more mana than barely 10% more hp.

Just want to make sure my pet isn't gimped with 600 health. I'm not sure how some people have 1k health on their Cu Sidhes. This one was freshly tamed last week with 78% intensity untrained. Was near max hp tamed, with 595 hp. With everything trained, have room for around 600 hp.

Stats and intensity: Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

Chiv/Armor ignore
600 health
1000 mana
700 strength
150 dex
150 stam
370 int
resists maxed
20 hp regen
30 mana regen
5 stam regen
max damage fully trained
all 120 scrolls

Last edited:

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah 600 will most likely be enough for most content, but you dont need to overdo on mana depending on what you want to do. You can run consume damage to tank the crap out of most stuff.

You can build in many ways but regarding HP: either a pet that has high HP and low mana (it'll hit regens anyway).
Or you can do low HP and high mana (for mana dumping purposes).

The HIGH HP variant is better for EM events and stuff. (700-740 hp, 300mana)
The low HP variant is better for clearing trashmobs and such. (your build)

Most people prefer something in the middle, around 650-670hp and 500-600mana.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Most people prefer something in the middle, around 650-670hp and 500-600mana.
This. I build almost all of my cu sidhe with 500 mana after maxing scrolls, setting resists and regens, and adding moves/magic. I usually end up between 625-650 HP. I have never made a cu with 1000 mana. 500 seems more than enough.

Lex Darion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This. I build almost all of my cu sidhe with 500 mana after maxing scrolls, setting resists and regens, and adding moves/magic. I usually end up between 625-650 HP. I have never made a cu with 1000 mana. 500 seems more than enough.
Yeah,what happens is that it'll spam chiv spells and dump those mana rightaway.
It's kind of dumb how it toggles EOO on and off.
AI would be better to spam, but it just doesnt seem to do it all the time.

Once that mana is gone, it's always down to mana regen, int, med and focus.
Im a bit of a perfectionist so I always max those out.
370int if you run 700str.
20 5 30 regens
120 focus/med.

Remember, that mana regen is your increased dmg output.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On most pets, i don't even bother pumping up their Mana. 150+ Mana is good enough for me, since they blow mana fast anyways and rely upon mana regeneration rate then. On Discord pets, i'll go up to 300 Mana, just so they can fire off a bunch of Discord attempts rapidly.
I do have a Magery Mastery Serpentine Dragon with 1,500 Mana though, but even he eventually gets down to relying upon mana regeneration rate, even with 1,040 INT/1,500 Mana/30 MR/120 Med/120 Focus. Serpentine Dragons have by far the highest INT of any pet (up to 340 INT overcap), which increases their mana regeneration rate and boosts the damage of their Mind Blast (Magery Mastery only).

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to set my Cu Sidhe to have 600 health. That gives me enough room for everything else, and all 120 scrolls. It also means I can bump the mana up to 1000. I could drop the mana a bit, and add more hp instead, but hp still won't be much over 650. Decided i'd rather have 100% more mana than barely 10% more hp.

Just want to make sure my pet isn't gimped with 600 health. I'm not sure how some people have 1k health on their Cu Sidhes. This one was freshly tamed last week with 78% intensity untrained. Was near max hp tamed, with 595 hp. With everything trained, have room for around 600 hp.

Stats and intensity: Pet Intensity Calculator | uo-cah.com

Chiv/Armor ignore
600 health
1000 mana
700 strength
150 dex
150 stam
370 int
resists maxed
20 hp regen
30 mana regen
5 stam regen
max damage fully trained
all 120 scrolls
@sini00

May I ask what was the untrained intensity of your CU-Sidhe ?

I am asking, because I checked UO-CAH Pet Planner and, in order to have all the stuff that you mention, it should be a CU-Sidhe that started like 85%+ intensity...

So, out of curiosity, what was the untrained intensity of your Cu-Sidhe to be able to train all that stuff on it ?

Thanks.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@sini00

May I ask what was the untrained intensity of your CU-Sidhe ?

I am asking, because I checked UO-CAH Pet Planner and, in order to have all the stuff that you mention, it should be a CU-Sidhe that started like 85%+ intensity...

So, out of curiosity, what was the untrained intensity of your Cu-Sidhe to be able to train all that stuff on it ?

Thanks.
Good Job! You caught that. Musta been a really nice Cu. Maybe it also had less than 80 cold and or energy resist.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Yeah,what happens is that it'll spam chiv spells and dump those mana rightaway.
It's kind of dumb how it toggles EOO on and off.
AI would be better to spam, but it just doesnt seem to do it all the time.

Once that mana is gone, it's always down to mana regen, int, med and focus.
Im a bit of a perfectionist so I always max those out.
370int if you run 700str.
20 5 30 regens
120 focus/med.

Remember, that mana regen is your increased dmg output.
I will get Swoop stuck on a ledge so my Chiv/AI Cu constantly casts chiv spells and it uses NO mana what so ever but if I let it fight Swoop he will dump all its mana quickly. So what besides Chiv would a Cu use mana for, does AI, heal or blead consume mana

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will get Swoop stuck on a ledge so my Chiv/AI Cu constantly casts chiv spells and it uses NO mana what so ever but if I let it fight Swoop he will dump all its mana quickly. So what besides Chiv would a Cu use mana for, does AI, heal or blead consume mana
AI is the big mana eater. All things require and consume mana. Here and Magic

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If your chiv pet cannot get to swoop, he will just cast holy light over and over

gwen

Slightly Crazed
eodon is awesome to train chiv and healing. Lure dimetrosaur, jump crowd the river and watch a movie while your pet trains. Discording pet and keeping peace mastery for his mana regen and to reduce damage helps too.
If you want to make it more rewarding way - stay in Shame killing UEV after training pet levels. Get crystals and orbs.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For Chiv gains on pets without a Ranged ability (no Dragon Breath or Explosive Goo), i'll use my Necromancer to Control Undead a Spectral Spellbinder, then gate it onto a Gargoyle Ship (any Galleon size will do), and release it. Then i'll have my Chiv pet on shore, and order it to Kill the Spellbinder and then Guard me. The Chiv pet will then spam nothing but Chiv abilities, focusing 100% of it's Mana/Time on Chiv, increasing the rate of skill gain. I'll discord my Chiv pet as well, while running Whispering on cooldown. Fastest way to gain Chiv i've found.
The Spectral Spellbinder casting on the pet will keep the pet engaged in combat with it, and casting Chiv abilities. The Swoop method will oftentimes have your pet disengage from combat and stop casting every few mins if he can't hit the Swoop with Holy Light.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
this way you can do lots of stuff, @PlayerSkillFTW
but I prefer ways where pet also can gain other skills, like healing. So dimetrosaur, rune beetles or yamandons work better for my tritons and Cu. with me and pet staying on the ship
Spellblinders are really good to raise pets resist spells. I find it good when my miner need fast beetle or pack horse. 1slot are hard to raise dex and stam in any other way. Wait till resist spells will go up to 100 and you will have your 125 Stam luggage or forge. Can do 5 pets at a time.
Atl don't need ships : just use Mesanna built house. Spellblinders cannot go inside. Pretty convenient.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
If your chiv pet cannot get to swoop, he will just cast holy light over and over
He was casting Consecrate Weapon, Enemy of One and Holy Light Swoop was taking damage from holy light, you could see the sword from Consecrate Weapon and EoO

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
this way you can do lots of stuff, @PlayerSkillFTW
but I prefer ways where pet also can gain other skills, like healing. So dimetrosaur, rune beetles or yamandons work better for my tritons and Cu. with me and pet staying on the ship
Spellblinders are really good to raise pets resist spells. I find it good when my miner need fast beetle or pack horse. 1slot are hard to raise dex and stam in any other way. Wait till resist spells will go up to 100 and you will have your 125 Stam luggage or forge. Can do 5 pets at a time.
Atl don't need ships : just use Mesanna built house. Spellblinders cannot go inside. Pretty convenient.
I use 5 Slimes or Snakes trained to 125 DEX/GM Wrest/GM Poisoning to train Healing on my Tritons and Cu Sidhes. Fastest way i've found to get to 120 Healing on a pet. A Chiv pet at Dimetrosaurs will oftentimes cast Cleanse by Fire to cure itself, which will cure it before it's bandy has time to kick in (so no Healing gain).
Yeah, i've trained the DEX to 125 on most of my char's pets using Spellbinders just to make them follow faster. In fact, i used to repeatedly buy Pack Horses until i got one with 55+ more Stamina than DEX, and i'd train it up to 125 DEX, and it'd end up with 180+ Stamina. Lightning fast packy. Then they capped pet Stamina at 150, i still have a few 125 DEX/150 Stamina Pack Horses left.
For fastest Chiv gains, you need your pet unable to reach the target. A pet at the Mesanna house can reach the Spectral Spellbinders. Hence why i use a ship.