• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is 4 slot greater dragon rare?

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
just tamed one while doing a lvl6 trammel map on Atlantic. if its rare, i'm looking to sell, if its common i'll likely release it

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
There is a rather low chance that they will spawn. Most certainly someone would be willing to buy.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You found a GD that you can boost the resists and skills on.

It is still a Giant flappy non mountable Greater Dragon.

Sell it and get scrolls for a Cu,

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
just tamed one while doing a lvl6 trammel map on Atlantic. if its rare, i'm looking to sell, if its common i'll likely release it
They are rare, chances that youll find another one are nearly impossible, unless you spawn them 24/7.

Do not release, they have value. Especially if : THEY CAN SKILL WRES/TACT/PARRY to overcap. Some can SKILL to 120-125 .just by fighting the eles etc. Theres way you can check .. If they can train to overcap skills, depending on specifics, think about it : WRES PS120 is worth 40-60 M, Tact PS 30-50 M, Parry about 40- 50M. They can SKILL some skills to overcap i.e. up to 120-125 etc. If so, tally up the PS $$$ you saved : Probably up to 150 - 200 M? AND you can add resists, and possibly add mage mastery?
Would sell if you really hate dragons, and playstyle is always rideable. BUT check to see price : If overcap possibility, them you can ask for much better and fair price..

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aren't GDs at their caps upon taming?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nope..Dragons can skill up by fighting to over 120 Wres (Ive seen 125), Also definitely parry to 120, but not EVERY GD, some do some do not. Best way to find out is by just skilling them. Ive seen some 120+ Skilled GDs at EM events..

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Unless you started skill training, just go to UO craft, there is a calc there that shows the caps for wrestling, tactics and resist. Or just load up EC and lore them.

Gardo

Journeyman
Check the dragon in EC and you will see what the wrestling, tactics and magic resist are capped at. The magery is what it will be, which is unfortunately low.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Check the dragon in EC and you will see what the wrestling, tactics and magic resist are capped at. The magery is what it will be, which is unfortunately low.
Yep..Lore with EC..gives that info..So Lore it first, then you will have a better idea what to price the pet, if you decide to sell.

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Thank you all very much for the help! 106 wrestling , 110.1 tactics, and 100.1 resist. Wish it was higher, but its better than nothing

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I dunno guys @Gardo @celticus

I've had GDs lored in EC, they still train higher than what it says on the lore page, except magery of course.

Either way, right or wrong, make sure you spend extra time on parrying and resist, it won't show you any maximums...

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Thank you all very much for the help! 106 wrestling , 110.1 tactics, and 100.1 resist. Wish it was higher, but its better than nothing
Did you have to kill a lot of spawn to get this 4 slot GD? I just accidentally you noticed him? Did it say 4 slots on the Lore page before you tamed him? Was it in Destard of Demon temple?

croy6325

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Did you have to kill a lot of spawn to get this 4 slot GD? I just accidentally you noticed him? Did it say 4 slots on the Lore page before you tamed him? Was it in Destard of Demon temple?
Ive been T-Hunting the last cpl months and had never seen a greater spawn with the chest, so out of curiosity i lored it and it showed 4 slot. I spawned 2 more on the next chest but both were 5 slots.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I've had GDs lored in EC, they still train higher than what it says on the lore page, except magery of course.

Either way, right or wrong, make sure you spend extra time on parrying and resist, it won't show you any maximums...
I've trained a ton of GD's for myself and guild mates and never have I seen the EC be wrong on the caps that it does show. Anyone else see this?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After training providing that zero training has been started, just divide skills by 0.8 to get max.
Wrestling 106.5
Tactics 110.1
Resist 100.1

Gardo

Journeyman

I’m certain you’ve trained many, many more pets than me, so I have no reason to doubt this my man. I’ve just used the EC recently in my searches for good GDs and Frost Dragons to gauge the worthiness of potential purchases/trades. (as abilities have always capped where they’ve listed) I’ll have to check a few of my dragons and see if they go beyond what I thought was max. I assume this could also be the case with turtle drags as well...

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I’m certain you’ve trained many, many more pets than me, so I have no reason to doubt this my man. I’ve just used the EC recently in my searches for good GDs and Frost Dragons to gauge the worthiness of potential purchases/trades. (as abilities have always capped where they’ve listed) I’ll have to check a few of my dragons and see if they go beyond what I thought was max. I assume this could also be the case with turtle drags as well...
I'm wrong quite often, lol

Gardo

Journeyman
any thoughts on the value?
I’ve seen worse 4-slotters on Atlantic, on vendors, for 20million+. Unfortunately it’ll probably be one of those right time, right buyer situations for you to get maximum gold for the beast.

Maybe start an auction in traders hall to gauge interest?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After training providing that zero training has been started, just divide skills by 0.8 to get max.
Wrestling 106.5
Tactics 110.1
Resist 100.1
Is that a greater dragon thing? They are still arguing over the values. lol

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pre-patch WW's have over 700 STR, max is around 760 I believe.
Its a strength and control slot combination they have to meet to be prepatch. 3 control slots and 720+ str. There are 4 slot WW spawning that have over 700 strength. But if its a player who has been gone since before April of 2017, they should have a prepatch ww.