• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mysticism] Is 120 Imbuing better for Mysticism

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,

Since Imbuing and Focus work differently, and Imbuing came out with Mysticism, I was just wondering if anyone has actually seen any advantage of Imbuing over Focus on a Mystic?

Thanks, Katrena

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my opinion only but...

I have seen Imbuing more as a disadvantage for pvp/pvm (obviously crafting its #1).

Focus and Imbuing give mysticism the same bonus but Focus has the extra benefit of mana and stamina regeneration. A lot of Mystic templates run low meditation because they are running 120 focus and need the room. Also a lot of suits (not all suits) run the Crystalline Ring which has +20 focus freeing up 20 skill points in a template.

Here is one of the mystic templates I run:

120 Magery (-20 mage weapon, +20 magery from Crystalline ring to even it out)
120 Eval
120 Resist
120 Mysticism
120 Focus (100 real, +20 from Crystalline)
100 Inscription
40 Meditation

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Podolak,

Thanks for the information and template help. I'm pretty close to yours except my Magery, Eval, Resist, Inscription, and Med are all at 100. I will be using jewelry to get Mysticsm to 120 until I see how this template works since 120 Imbuing will max me out. I'm using Imbuing on this character instead of Focus because it is belongs with Mysticsm.

Do you combine the Magery and Mystic spells or use them totaly spearate?

Thanks, Katrena

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely combined.

With my crafter I I have 120 imbuing on a Soulstone and keep an empty soulstone handy. I swap out like 120 tailoring with imbuing when necessary. It helps to almost give yourself another character slot. Your way is fine of course!

And you are welcome, best of luck to you.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
katrena, you will be really hampering your toon by using imbuing instead of focus.
focus and imbuing both "belong" with mysticism. the way you have your skills set up, it makes zero sense to use imbuing. put focus on, get the extra med.
put imbuing on ur crafter.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 Magery (-20 mage weapon, +20 magery from Crystalline ring to even it out)
Thanks for all of the great advice. I Gm'ed Focus when I Gm'ed Mysticism, but took it off for Imbuing because I was tight on character space.

How does the mage weapon play into the template? I don't understand how this type of weapon works, except for using it when training Magery.

Thanks, Katrena

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need Wrestling or Anatomy and Eval or a Mage Weapon to make your DCI useful against other players.

So if your template does not have wrestling or anatomy and eval you need a -20 mage weapon. It also helps prevent against spell interruption like wrestling or anat and eval does.

Now if you PvM only and always use protection and also often just utilize a slayer/sdi spell book then it is not necessary (or impossible if you have a spellbook equipped of course).