• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Iron Beetle

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Iron Beetle - Stratics Community Wiki | Stratics Community Forums
They are found in entrance to the lair of Navrey Night Eyes. Part of the Giant, Fire Beetle family.

100% physical damage. 2>5 slots. They have no natural abilities. Not mountable.

They start like this:

upload_2017-7-11_20-10-26.png

Resists start like:

upload_2017-7-11_20-38-0.png

You can get the main 4 to 80.

You can choose from these Categories:

upload_2017-7-11_20-14-4.png

You can choose from Special Move:

upload_2017-7-11_20-15-59.png

Special Ability:

upload_2017-7-11_20-18-3.png

Magical Ability:

upload_2017-7-11_20-20-26.png

You can choose 2 Special moves, or 1 special and 1 Ability.

Choose special move first, then ability, then magic if that is what you want.

When you do, you only have poison as the magical option.

If you want one of the other magical abilities other than poison, choose it first and the other ability menus will be gone.

I chose:

upload_2017-7-11_20-33-33.png

This is a finished first screen: Resists are set. All regens are max. Max damage. There's still 638 points left for scrolls.

upload_2017-7-11_20-36-20.png

Its is a very good beetle type pet.

upload_2017-7-11_20-43-8.png

Mine found a Valorite vein on its first training session.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Nice never thought about those... They could be fun... and a nice size too not too big not too small.

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OOooooh I also forgot about those... of course stable is full! Thanks for the write ups, these are great!

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The nice thing about them is that they do not start with the 500 intelligence, and ours has 13 points more value wise then a giant beetle. So they feel quite potent!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nope I have MR on it and plenty of mana.

Falcon

Visitor
How does the mining work in these? Will they automatically mine when on an appropriate tile or do you have to command them to do so? What is the command if there is one? Do they have a backpack? Where does the ore go if not?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No backpack. They poop ore and turn that color. I do think tbey have choices like a pick. But you may need mining to choose another.

UOLAPlayer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is definitely a secondary quality of them, but can you control the color of them by setting them on different known ore spots and then keep them whatever color you want?

This would be the only pet you could chose the color on then. Like I said, secondary quality, but kind of cool if that's the case.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is definitely a secondary quality of them, but can you control the color of them by setting them on different known ore spots and then keep them whatever color you want?

This would be the only pet you could chose the color on then. Like I said, secondary quality, but kind of cool if that's the case.
Resource spots are random now.

UOLAPlayer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Resource spots are random now.
For ore, it will persist for a while then reset. If you mine a spot and get shadow ore, you'll get that until you mine all the ore out of the spot. I think with fair certainty, but not 100%, that is the event that causes a spot to be eligible for reset. From building up new crafters, including mining, it also seems that it's not a 100% certainty that a spot will reset when you mine it out, but maybe 10-15% maybe higher? Just a rough guess.

So you could take your miner, explore spots until you get a color ore you like, stop mining, then take your Iron Beetle there to stand. I'm not sure the mechanics of the Iron Beetle's mining AI on how it mines though.

I could go and look, but if you have yours handy, I'm also curious if it has Mining Skill listed in the skill list.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For ore, it will persist for a while then reset. If you mine a spot and get shadow ore, you'll get that until you mine all the ore out of the spot. I think with fair certainty, but not 100%, that is the event that causes a spot to be eligible for reset. From building up new crafters, including mining, it also seems that it's not a 100% certainty that a spot will reset when you mine it out, but maybe 10-15% maybe higher? Just a rough guess.

So you could take your miner, explore spots until you get a color ore you like, stop mining, then take your Iron Beetle there to stand. I'm not sure the mechanics of the Iron Beetle's mining AI on how it mines though.

I could go and look, but if you have yours handy, I'm also curious if it has Mining Skill listed in the skill list.
They can poop valorite. And yes the spot will stay until depleted and reset. But, like miners, you get iron sometimes.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Also, it is not really clear WHERE it will mine, as we had ours standing against the Delucia bank wall (East side) and it was mining roughly at the end of the mountain range, some 12 steps away. So you might have a hard time getting it to mine the color you want, AND then to keep it this color!