• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invisibility jewlery and Teleport Jewlery

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTACC1

Journeyman
There is no cooldown on the spells when cast normally so why would they add a cool down? Sounds like another pvper trying to nerf stuff just to nerf it again.
There is a casting time on the spells when cast normally so why isn't there a cast time when used with jewlery? Sounds like you use the jewlery and don't want a fair nerf.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can we add a cool down and a cast time to these items?

@Mesanna @Kyronix
People have that much of that jewelry? When it came out we wished it didn't just cast over and over. It sure made them lose charges fast.

OLD ITEMS WITH CHARGES FOR SALE!!! Only 1 plat each! Get them before the nerf! PM me to pick em up on LS.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They really don't belong in the game. One o the devs before Xmas wasn't even aware what they were and how they were used but said they'd be looking into them.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They really don't belong in the game. One o the devs before Xmas wasn't even aware what they were and how they were used but said they'd be looking into them.
.... not aware of them? How is that possible?

*These are something that was pretty common back in the day. Matter of fact i come across them every so often when doing account inventories.

Last edited:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
.... not aware of them? How is that possible?

*These are something that was pretty common back in the day. Matter of fact i come across them every so often when doing account inventories.

The current Dev team was not around back then. He had no idea what they were. They don't spawn and they aren't talked about so I don't blame them. But they are aware of them and their capabilities now.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The current Dev team was not around back then. He had no idea what they were. They don't spawn and they aren't talked about so I don't blame them. But they are aware of them and their capabilities now.
Well the PvPers have spoken. A nerf is on the way!

OLD ITEMS WITH CHARGES FOR SALE!!! Only 1 plat each! Get them before the nerf! PM me to pick em up on LS.

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NONE of mine r duped, nor anyone that I know. I've been collecting them for +19 yrs with as much diligence as high end EM items collectors.

Cry me a river, I'll swim in your tears. They lose charges never to b replaced... NO nerf is needed. If they ever take illegal 3rd party programs seriously & dish out daily bans till they're not a problem - on that day I may concede to u my collection. Until then find something legit to complain about. K? Thnkz.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Teleport (Blink) and Invisibility rings were in the single player Ultimas, so they totally belong in UO. Whichever dev was ignorant of their existence needs Gibbs slapped.

A nerf on these limited-use items would just make the team look foolish.

:facepalm:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
20 years and now it needs nerfing? Lol.
I think most people each year have believed that the charges will eventually run out, and this would become a non issue. However everyone has clearly underestimated the amount of duping that has taken place, and each year, more and more charges are being used in the field and it's clear now that there is a bottomless supply of them coming from somewhere.

The OP is correct, let us look at Magic Wands, there is a casting time for the charges on these spawning items.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The idea that these are duped is just insane... they are not duped... People like me HORDED them... Never letting them go.... and do you know how many people like that play UO??? A LOT....

And do you know how many old bugged houses fell with tons of that horded stuff.... tons... Which people like myself HORDE. Yes they are good for points... but they are even better to use. I've got bags of the stuff as do many old players who didn't leave and didn't let any of their houses fall over the years. I'm with @Acid Rain on this one... you can get rid of them when you get rid of those cheating with 3rd party programs.

Like that'll happen.

I'll take it a step further and say sure... trash them with the CC another old relic from the past that is overdue to be gone.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The idea that these are duped is just insane... they are not duped... People like me HORDED them... Never letting them go.... and do you know how many people like that play UO??? A LOT....

And do you know how many old bugged houses fell with tons of that horded stuff.... tons... Which people like myself HORDE. Yes they are good for points... but they are even better to use. I've got bags of the stuff as do many old players who didn't leave and didn't let any of their houses fall over the years. I'm with @Acid Rain on this one... you can get rid of them when you get rid of those cheating with 3rd party programs.

Like that'll happen.

I'll take it a step further and say sure... trash them with the CC another old relic from the past that is overdue to be gone.

Collect them all you want, they shouldn't be usable like they are. Especially the teleport rings

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Collect them all you want, they shouldn't be usable like they are. Especially the teleport rings
why not?? If i have it I should be able to use it. Just because others trashed or squandered theirs doesn't mean I should be penalized.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
why not?? If i have it I should be able to use it. Just because others trashed or squandered theirs doesn't mean I should be penalized.
There's thousands of them out there and they are way unbalanced. Ppl used to use these things very sparringly, because they were hard to find. Now they use them like candy to avoid death, with no skill involved, no cool down, no anything. Just Invis and teleport all over the screen. U can even teleport while invisible.

Who needs moving shot in archery when you can just teleport and armor ignore over and over?

Who needs stealth, hiding, shadow jump, teleport with Magery or teleport scrolls if you have access to a pile of these things that function much better, no cool down no Mana usage no anything.

You get dismounted? No problem, just Invis item and teleport a few screens away.

I can see literally no argument that an be made that they should work the way they do. Mervyn had a good example with the healing wands.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are getting killed by people who are teleporting and invising? :violin:

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
okay let us say for arguments sake that all of the 100k+ teleport and invis items that everyone has are not duped and obtained legitimately. They still require a casting time as it is making a mockery out of the game.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i'm not saying they're unfair. I'm saying they're stupid!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My hubby and I have some very old accts and this is just one bag of many we have collecting dust. To say these items are being duped is.... hilarious!

View attachment 75978
okay so in that bag is enough to last someone about a weeks worth, so, can you explain how people are using them still? you clearly do not use yours!

Learn Me

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If you can obtain them just like anyone else then how is it overpowered? Isn't that the argument used against moving power scrolls?
You can still farm scrolls, not these items. Yet somehow people are selling charges by the thousands for anywhere from 500k-1mil per charge.

PaithanTheElf

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably the same reason wands got a casting timer too. Remember when you could instnatly cast G heal and lightning on wands and use 2 wands to avoid the timer? Yeah, they fixed that by adding in the cast time on wands. An un-interruptable cast time on the jewelry is what is needed. People can teleport faster than running with jewels and also can teleport while hidden. The mechanic is broke and has been- people just were not abusing them.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i'm not saying they're unfair. I'm saying they're stupid!
They weren't stupid back in 1999 when you could get them... freely... everywhere...

They aren't stupid... you're just jealous... seriously... OMG I couldn't kill the guy he teleported and invised... It's every bit as stupid as mages hitting everyone with paralyze over and over and over again... there are a lot of stupid things used in PvP... but the more important issue IMO is the rampant cheating and use of illegal 3rd party programs to do everything from preventing housing from loading to making all trees stumps and everything else that cheaters use.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Untitled.png
I'm jealous of? I have them too

Last edited:

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Why is it so farfetched to some people that tele and invis jewelry could be duped? The value of the items have been demonstrated here, you can invis... and teleport while invissed, no skill required. There’s your motivation for a high end pvper to have to want to dupe them. Certain pvpers who may have even been BFFs with Clops...(use a dirty word and all of a sudden the point may be valid for some, on an emotional level at least) is it impossible to believe that SOME of the endless supply of this item that hasn’t spawned in a long time MAY have been duped?

I’ve got a nice stack of invis items from an idoc, I use them fairly infrequently, but they’ve saved my butt here and there. If there were a timer put on them similar to Wands, IMO, that’s ckmpletely fair. Especially since I’m not gonna she’ll out mils for a couple of charges and I know my supply is limited.

Anonymous UOPlayer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Why is it so farfetched to some people that tele and invis jewelry could be duped? The value of the items have been demonstrated here, you can invis... and teleport while invissed, no skill required. There’s your motivation for a high end pvper to have to want to dupe them. Certain pvpers who may have even been BFFs with Clops...(use a dirty word and all of a sudden the point may be valid for some, on an emotional level at least) is it impossible to believe that SOME of the endless supply of this item that hasn’t spawned in a long time MAY have been duped?

I’ve got a nice stack of invis items from an idoc, I use them fairly infrequently, but they’ve saved my butt here and there. If there were a timer put on them similar to Wands, IMO, that’s ckmpletely fair. Especially since I’m not gonna she’ll out mils for a couple of charges and I know my supply is limited.
'cos accusing of cheating is common pvp tactic. 2 point where as soon as some here it it sounds made up. saying "u cheat" is most-used special move in pvp.

also 'cos saying it seems 2b ignorant of just how many people hoard old stuff & how much old stuff they horde. (i still have seen ID wands & stuff. they dupped 2? lol.)

also 'cos the same people saying "they r duped!' r same people who think an item 'has no place' in this game when the items prob-ly have been here longer thn they have!

so yeah.

fact is in old days they sucked charges lots slower so 1 item with lots of charges would last 4-ever. hoard 100 of them is 100 4-evers.

if any R dupped then it's not related to people saying so.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
spoiler.....there as loads or old bugged classic houses- un used for a decade ....stood in the midst of time.... do u really thing there are that many paying accounts as houses... no no no... that are slowly being deleted/put into decay....these are the houses that have piles of this stuff....the Idoc gals.guys will keep supplying the market if its needed....

thanks again THP

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes i regret disclosing about the mass items having been duped as it did detract from the initial statement.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So.. this thread got me interested in finding my stash of these items... and yes I also have alot of charges on items from waaaaay back.. and no.. these items are NOT duped :)
I found one piece I found a bit interesting thou... it had "Bless" charges. But seems like some conversion over time has put the bless buff as permanent modifiers on it.. see picture. Or do you think the modifiers will go away when the charges are gone?

Attachments

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So.. this thread got me interested in finding my stash of these items... and yes I also have alot of charges on items from waaaaay back.. and no.. these items are NOT duped :)
I found one piece I found a bit interesting thou... it had "Bless" charges. But seems like some conversion over time has put the bless buff as permanent modifiers on it.. see picture. Or do you think the modifiers will go away when the charges are gone?
They go away when the charges run out... but yes there were blessed and cursed items... my son was into collecting cursed items so I have a bunch of those.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's thousands of them out there and they are way unbalanced. Ppl used to use these things very sparringly, because they were hard to find. Now they use them like candy to avoid death, with no skill involved, no cool down, no anything. Just Invis and teleport all over the screen. U can even teleport while invisible.

Who needs moving shot in archery when you can just teleport and armor ignore over and over?

Who needs stealth, hiding, shadow jump, teleport with Magery or teleport scrolls if you have access to a pile of these things that function much better, no cool down no Mana usage no anything.

You get dismounted? No problem, just Invis item and teleport a few screens away.

I can see literally no argument that an be made that they should work the way they do. Mervyn had a good example with the healing wands.
Lol this is back? I used to do the invis teleport thing when doing champ spawns in fel back when you and all your stuff got kicked back to a town when yoy died, best days ever doing champs, anyway I hoarded tons, best were rings of invis with less than 10 charges as all you had to do was double click them, no equip needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSC Napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I don`t see what is preventing people from buying these items if they are so important and or overpowered.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is nothing preventing anyone from buying them. Doesn't make it any less dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.