• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Inventory bug????

H

HoTDeViL

yesterday i did a trade with some crafted items.
after the trade all my inventory was gone.
I reported it as missing objects.

today I figured in another trade, all my items are still there but i only can see them in a trade window in my inventory.
if the trade window gets closed, my inventory in buymode is empty again. all items are only shown in trade mode.

Does anyone else have this problem?

G

this is an odd bug i see it very often. everything a sim owns and is already on a lot still shows in the inventory when doing trades, but of course it really isant there.

H

HoTDeViL

no, not every item which is already on the lot. EVERY! item from the inventory is not shown in it. only in trade mode.
this will get bad soon i think. i own a shop

F

festrmentmagnet

I see every item I own show up in inventory when I'm trading with a roommate.
These are items that aren't in my inventory, but are actually sitting on my lot, but they are showing up in inventory.

I actually have nothing in my inventory otherwise.

But, I think this is something they have implented so that you can trade things to your roommate.

I haven't seen this happen when I go to trade with someone who isn't a rommmate.

G

<blockquote><hr>

But, I think this is something they have implented so that you can trade things to your roommate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. That was a feature added along with the tradeable house deed. It's so you can trade amongst roomies without actually having to inventory the object. Comes in handy a lot when you're working with object limits and need to give things to a roomie to hold.

As far as the original poster's problem...that is an interesting bug. I've never seen this before. At least it's only in trade mode. You can still access your inventory? Just not in trade mode, correct? At least you didn't actually lose everything.

You should probably post this on the wiki bug reports, but honestly, you are more likely to get it worked out if you bring it up in the Community Pub or Town Hall.

G

<blockquote><hr>

no, not every item which is already on the lot. EVERY! item from the inventory is not shown in it. only in trade mode.
this will get bad soon i think. i own a shop

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what everybody is saying, is that the items you're looking for in your inventory are already out on the property, and that your inventory is SUPPOSED to be empty. If that's true, then its not a bug. IF however the people that have answered you so far are misunderstanding you, and the items you are looking for ARE SUPPOSED to be in your inventory, and you cannot locate them on the lot, then yes that is a bug but the Wiki bug board is where it should go, not just the Missing Objects thread here. That thread is primarily for missing earned anniversary items (1yr.-3yr.) and I don't even think reporting it there will get it replaced, but reporting it on the Wiki will get the attention of the devs. Bug reporting is as easy over there as it was on the old bug board, plus gets more response than the old bug boards did

G

<blockquote><hr>

You should probably post this on the wiki bug reports, but honestly, you are more likely to get it worked out if you bring it up in the Community Pub or Town Hall.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, definitely bringing it up at the Pub or Town Hall would work to get one-on-one assistance *maybe* a bit faster, but that doesn't abrogate the need for it to be reported on the Wiki bug board too, both so they have a written description of what happened that they can refer to besides house chat history, and you have proof that you actually did report it.

*edit to reword something unclear

G

I agree that the wiki should be first and foremost, as it is the "official" place to report bugs. I may have worded my reply in not the best way. The reason I would suggest you go to City Hall/Community Pub (as a supplemental means of support) is because of the fast response time. Asking about it there doesn't mean it will get fixed any faster, it just seems to me a good idea purely for more direct communication.