• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Invasion Spellbook Reptile Slayer?

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone gotten a Reptile slayer spellbook from this invasion? How about the previous versions of this invasion? I have done at least 3 of these, and I have gotten every superslayer multiple times & several lesser slayer books, but never a Reptile slayer. I have 2 dragon slayers instead.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First. You did three invasions. :)

I have heard of two. They must be the rare. Dragon slayers are ridiculously common.

I think the other super slayers are equally common compared to each other.

Also I've got 8 9 12 slayers. :confused:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Out of 100+ books this go round I have 1 reptile slayer.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Khaelor is correct.
Last time we had this invasion event I collected well over 200 books and none of them were a reptile slayer. I ended up having to trade for one. Other players have reportet similar low drop rates for reptile.

This time around I was a bit luckier and of the over 100 books I have gotten so far 1 was a reptile slayer.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Last invasion I got something around 150 books and I had 3 reptile slayers. I think this is more a typical non-random UO RNG than reptile being more rare than any other.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what about Fey, Mage, Bird and Dragon slayer ? common or hard to get?

Dragkarah

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
How the heck are y'all collecting so many books. I'm getting 10+ wep drops per invasion but have only got 1 book so far

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How the heck are y'all collecting so many books. I'm getting 10+ wep drops per invasion but have only got 1 book so far
The generals drop the weapon in their hand. So if you want books you need to kill generals with staffs. Those are the mages.
Captains drop lesser books. 25 and 40 max.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think the rest drop at the same rate. If I have three elementals someone else has three fey.
I have lots of dragon. Others must also. They are being dropped on ground.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is only 1 mage slayer book, 25, on VS now.
Mayebe someone drop less, like the 50!
Maybe, dunno...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is only 1 mage slayer book, 25, on VS now.
Mayebe someone drop less, like the 50!
Maybe, dunno...
The super slayers seem the same rate. Remember there are a bunch of single slayers. I do not have enough of those to compare. But it's like wanting a gargoyle slayer specifically. You may need a lot of books to get one.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The super slayers seem the same rate. Remember there are a bunch of single slayers. I do not have enough of those to compare. But it's like wanting a gargoyle slayer specifically. You may need a lot of books to get one.
yea true :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im still looking for a wolf slayer book.
i know its out there..... i will get one....

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i didnt really do to much last time but i did get a mage and a bird and a couple fey (and a bunch of repond and undead and ect ect ect)

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wolf slayer should be the triple damage version for a Cu.... but alas, I don't think wolf works at all on a Cu.
There's a few Slayers that should deal triple damage, but don't. For example, Dinosaur Slayer deals double damage, even though Reptile Slayer also deals double damage to dinos. Dino Slayer should really be considered a Lesser Slayer, and deal triple damage. Reptile Slayer/Dinosaur Slayer also doesn't apply to T-Rex, for some reason.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They were going to change Cus to Wolf slayer. But I brought up how there is no Wolf slayer instrument. I said they could put one in the clean up rewards but they chose not to change them from Fey, since there is a Fey instrument.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have these ones this round, seems i am missing a Bird Slayer? Am I missing anything else? Maybe a Fire Elemental seeing as the others are there? Can anyone confirm?

Air Elemental
Arachnid
Bat
Beetle
Demon
Dragon
Earth Elemental
Elemental
Fey
Gargoyle
Goblin
Ice
Lizardmen
Mage
Ogre
Ophidian
Orc
Poison Elemental
Repond
Reptile
Spider
Troll
Undead
Water Elemental
Wolf

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Fire elemental, flame, blood elemental, bear, bovine, snow elemental, snake, bird, scorpion and vermin are the ones Ive got thats not on your list.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has anyone gotten a Reptile slayer spellbook from this invasion? How about the previous versions of this invasion? I have done at least 3 of these, and I have gotten every superslayer multiple times & several lesser slayer books, but never a Reptile slayer. I have 2 dragon slayers instead.
1590245246529.png I have also gotten a 27% Reptile. Based on only having gotten 2 so far, I think that for whatever reason, it IS the hardest book to get. (so far anyway).

Becca

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have these ones this round, seems i am missing a Bird Slayer? Am I missing anything else? Maybe a Fire Elemental seeing as the others are there? Can anyone confirm?

Air Elemental
Arachnid
Bat
Beetle
Demon
Dragon
Earth Elemental
Elemental
Fey
Gargoyle
Goblin
Ice
Lizardmen
Mage
Ogre
Ophidian
Orc
Poison Elemental
Repond
Reptile
Spider
Troll
Undead
Water Elemental
Wolf
There are 36 slayers

Here is a list that I have for the invasion slayer books (36 total). I think I have them all listed, but if I missed one let me know.
air elemental
Arachnid
bat
bear
beetle
bird
blood elemental
bovine
Demon
dragon
earth elemental
Elemental
Fey
fire elemental
flame
gargoyle
goblin
ice
lizardman
mage
ogre
ophidian
orc
poison elemental
Repond
Reptile
scorpion
snake
snow elemental
spider
terathan
troll
Undead
vermin
water elemental
wolf

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any evidence that the Vermin slayer is more rare than the other single slayers?

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Any evidence that the Vermin slayer is more rare than the other single slayers?
I have gotten 4 Vermin slayer books, of various SDI increase. But as I was looking through my books, I also realized I only had 1 Ice slayer book (NOT a 30%). Good old RNG! Between the original invasion, and this one, my "goal" is to end up with a COMPLETE set of 30 SDI increase slayer AND super slayer books. Not sure if I will make it though. ROFL

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
speaking of books, ive been asking for along time for something to put all the mage/rune or any other kind of book in. my backpack is a mess. maybe others will ask for it now with so many more books and they may just listen.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
speaking of books, ive been asking for along time for something to put all the mage/rune or any other kind of book in. my backpack is a mess. maybe others will ask for it now with so many more books and they may just listen.
It would be great if there was another container to access on the paperdoll next to the special move book that only held books. All spellbooks, rune books, atlases, etc. They are all blessed already (except a few on siege). Would be great to be able to organize them out of the main pack and not have to redo it every time you die.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That would be pure RNG. Our unicorn this year... for whatever reason, Scorpion slayer.
Looks like the Reptile is the only one. I got a 25 Scorpion the first day. UO is a game of helping others and trading.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
There's a few Slayers that should deal triple damage, but don't. For example, Dinosaur Slayer deals double damage, even though Reptile Slayer also deals double damage to dinos. Dino Slayer should really be considered a Lesser Slayer, and deal triple damage. Reptile Slayer/Dinosaur Slayer also doesn't apply to T-Rex, for some reason.
Dino, Myrmidex, and Eodon Tribes all seem like they *should* be lessers, but they were announced to all be super slayers, just like Eodon Slayer.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
There are 36 slayers

Here is a list that I have for the invasion slayer books (36 total). I think I have them all listed, but if I missed one let me know.
That's all of them, other than the 4 Eodon slayers. :)

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Air Elemental
Arachnid
Bat
Beetle
Demon
Dragon
Earth Elemental
Elemental
Fey
Gargoyle
Goblin
Ice
Lizardmen
Mage
Ogre
Ophidian
Orc
Poison Elemental
Repond
Reptile
Spider
Troll
Undead
Water Elemental
Wolf
iam selling a bird slayer and a bunch of others (incl. 30sdi books) at the moment:

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So finally after 131-141 book drops, I get a 25% Reptile slayer. I say a range because I have 131 invasion books in inventory, but I threw away around 10 trash books. I am gonna hang a shingle on my house that says, "Gone fishing. I'm retired now".

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So far for me out of 456 drops (not counting the less than 20 books that I trashed) I have every kind of book that drops.

Reptile has been rare, only 3... equally rare for me has been Ice Slayer (2), Air Elemental Slayer (1)and Bat Slayer (1).

49 books have been the 30-39 SDI, while 106 have been 40-50 SDI (7 @50). I have at least 25 of each super slayer with the most common being arachnid at 36 followed by demon at 31.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far for me out of 456 drops (not counting the less than 20 books that I trashed) I have every kind of book that drops.

Reptile has been rare, only 3... equally rare for me has been Ice Slayer (2), Air Elemental Slayer (1)and Bat Slayer (1).

49 books have been the 30-39 SDI, while 106 have been 40-50 SDI (7 @50). I have at least 25 of each super slayer with the most common being arachnid at 36 followed by demon at 31.
Just the other day I was complaining about getting too many Ice slayers and not one flame slayer. The "odd" slayers are not very common for me (bat, wolf, beetle, etc).

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Last night, my wife and I were both in one of the invasions, and we were both attacking the same mage. I said to my wife, "you know... I really hope I manage to get a repond slayer book."

What I got was a bear slayer book. She got a repond slayer.

I swear someone at Broadsword heard me and said, "watch this."

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've never seen one of these until tonight. Is this a random slayer on the SDI book?
Somebody used the Obelisk and put titan slayer on the item in their weapon hand.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Wow! How do you use obelisk to put magic on items? No interpretable info in database, or if you can point to it will appreciate.