• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Introduction to the game

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Hooray!
I've been beta testing this and having a ton of fun figuring things out on my own.
It's almost a sandbox as you can run around and choose the quests you'd like. There are three factions/classes to choose from for PvP purposes which is awesome.
PLUS you get to shoot zombies which is awesomesauce.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Having so much fun!
LOL The NPCs even use the "F" word. So this game is for grown ups and hippies.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hmm...to try or not to try...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
OMG totally play with me! I'm playing in windowed mode with my ICQ on so ICQ if you need help. I am learning as I go (I have read NO instructions) so you'll probably be past me before I even get past this quest I am presently on HAHAHA
I died a few times tonight for the first time! It was very exciting!! HAHAHAHA
I believe gamestop.com has some more beta codes at the link I sent you if you want to try.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Here's a SS I just took to bait you into my web of fun.
Keep in mind open beta on weekends doesn't have an NDA so I am allowed to post this. Other areas are still "closed to the public"
But you can check out my hot bun! And of course I am awesome so I have my war hammer equipped XD

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have to say this game is definitely for adults. It's not so much on the hack and slash like... well almost every other MMO, and more of a story. It probably wont keep anyone under 20 entertained but those of us who enjoyed the whole story behind why were were playing the characters we were in games such as early final fantasy will appreciate this game.
I hope what I am saying is making sense. I have a feeling the kids are going to get bored with this one fast but us more "mature" audiences will find this game endearing. There's still monsters to kill and bits like that... but the overall feel of the game I think is for people who have "been there done that" with the other hack em up type games.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That actually looks really amazing. I'm seriously considering it.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
hmm... I will keep checking back for Flutter's reviews.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
It reminds me of DCUO, although the DreamWorld engine that The Secret World and Age of Conan use is a couple years older than DCUO's Unreal Engine 3. The gameplay videos look good, though.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You folks using the PC version or XBox. Flutter recently got a new rig, I am guessing she is PC.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's definitely PC
I have stuff turned on that you can turn off (like the healthbar over my head and the name over my head) but I'm old school UO and miss knowing how I'm talking to at a glance. HAHA
Ill take more screenshots this afternoon.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I signed up for beta. Prolly too late, but worth a shot.

Hopefully, they'll have a free trial when its released.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
At some time this evening they are going to turn open beta off until next friday :(
I believe it'll be open until Midnight though.
There are three "factions" Templar, Illuminati, and Dragon.
I chose Templar a long time ago, and I believe it's the only faction available during Beta, although I heard you can now choose Illuminati I haven't actually tried it so I can't confirm. I love being a Templar.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
A few notes the easily offended should know...
I ran into at least one instance of the "r" word.
The "F" word is used by NPCs in the story line frequently.
I saw zombie boobies.
There is a lady NPC type who is... known throughout one of the towns for her... ummm.. friendliness to the gentlemen.