• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

INTERNET CONNECTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hockeyb00

My internet works, since i am on it right now, But whenever i try and go into TSO or EALand, it says that it cant connect to the internet. Is it because i downloaded something wrong for EAland or is everyone having this problem?

G

Have you verified that both TSO.exe and TSOClient.exe have full access rights through your firewall?

H

hockeyb00

yeah, i played it yesterday. installed EAland yesterday, did the update, played until i had to go to work. when i came home from work it says cant connect to internet, check and make sure your browser accepts cookies(i have ) and or EA may be down... but i dont think that either of those are the problem. and im getting frustrated with this CRAP

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Do you need to right click on your game short cut icon and "run as administrator"?

G

cant connect to server for the update? thats what several of us are waiting on, theres a seperate thread if its that...

G

hey guess what i connected yesterday it wiped me router , i have spent most of the day redoing my pc and need to get back to sims download ...oh guess what i get my internet back and download the e a land now here s the bad part can download ok and save but ... yes u guess it cant update the updater ....pretty pissed off with this and may look at going elsewhere ..well i ll have to wont i i cant get on

H

hockeyb00

Nope says:
Unable to verify a connection to EA.com
The Ea.com Service may be temporarily unavailable,
or you may not be connected to the internet.
please verify your connection and hit "retry".
or "quit" to exit the game.

My internet works. I turned off my firewall so thats not it. My browser accepts cookies. didn't mess around with any of the files for EAland or TSO. Im really confused on why its doin this.

H

hockeyb00

well its been a long time since ive been able to connect and they havent wrote a blog or anything on TSO-E to tell us whats up...? this is stupid

G

they did post yesterday that it was a a hardware problem and most likely it's not like hey mom can you buy me this... it's filling out paperwork to purchase something that will cost thousands of dollars and has to be approved and then the order placed which in most cases won't be found at WalMart.

G

<blockquote><hr>

well its been a long time since ive been able to connect and they havent wrote a blog or anything on TSO-E to tell us whats up...? this is stupid

[/ QUOTE ]I can appreciate your frustration; I would be just as frustrated if this were happening to me. However, it seems readily apparent that we, as a society, have gotten spoiled by the concept of instant gratification - the concept that, if we throw enough money at it, we can get whatever we want right freaking now - with absolutely no care or concern for the guys on the other end of the instant-gratification binge who have to try to make it all work.

Right now, I'm pretty sure the devs are very busy trying to fix this problem (and the sixty-seven other issues The Entitled want fixed yesterday), and do not have the manpower or resources to keep Stratics updated with the minute-by-minute play-by-play. The last word posted by the devs is still valid - It's a hardware issue affecting the East Coast server, and they are working on it.

G

you said that more gooderererer than I did or would lol I'm sure mine would have had a lot more &amp;^$@##%&amp; you &amp;^%^#@$^* and ((%#@@#$^ in it .

Status
Not open for further replies.