• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interlude

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
She was right, the wine was more than acceptable. In fact, it had a rather pleasant taste.

The notice I posted looking for information on the man Thalmain Shaste has thus far proven fruitless. I have combed through countless books and writings in the libraries of Yew as well as my personal collection, and have found no mention of him. And yet there is a place in the furthest recesses of my thoughts that seems to hold a trace memory of him.

Could I have heard tales of him while sitting in the Knights Rest? Had Lady Katya or Mika’el spoken warnings in quiet corners of the Hall of the Knights of Yew? Or could it be simply an echo left by some dream which I cannot recall?

It would seem that I am left with more questions and no answers. Even my posting looking for information on Shaste or the whereabouts of Jas Lightstryder brought no answers. Well, there was the one thing, and this leads me to the rather pleasant vintage I am tasting.

Left in the mailbox of the Knights Rest I found a small package addressed to me. Within, wrapped carefully I found this bottle of wine and a note. The note was in a familiar hand, and short.

Aedon,

I saw your notice. I have no information, just thought I’d say hello. I assure you the wine is more than acceptable.
~Sarain.

Another name from years past I thought to not see again. But this has been an unusual couple of weeks, with folks I used to see nightly at the Rest, or meet while walking the woods. Has she also returned for good? Or was this another person seeking old memories and haunts on their way through to other lands?

Time will tell. But for now, I will enjoy her wine before returning to my search.