• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interesting way to display books?

F

Fraggles

Hello i have collected over the years a large library of player written books and would love to display them (after useing leaves of course) but cant seem to find a way where they look nice and are not hiding in any way...any suggestions?

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Visibly.. Without putting them inside anything the general ways to display that I've seen are:
-Benches [Don't work so well with the smaller books though]
-The new carpet pieces. The end pieces. You can't raise them but if you place them on top of books they'll still 'lock down' when you double click them.
Goodman's Rune library is a good example of that.

-Make a public 'reading room.' Lots of tables and chairs with stacks of books in various piles.

You can use book shelves [the empty ones] and stack some so that they look like they're on the shelves.. Then set the shelf to public and have more inside.

Boxes - The wooden ones that players use for lockpick training.
Wooden engraving tools used on them can separate the books by writer or topic. I generally use the trough display case idea with this.
[Place two gozas, raise them up. place trough underneath and lower the gozas to cover the water.]

Cute display idea including benches w/ baskets.

[Screenshot is of Elisa's house]

Bookcase Idea

F

Fraggles

Thanks for the ideas!!! i like the bookshelve in the last picture with the colored books on it but i have not see one like that before, are they crafted or a gift or what?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Books and scrolls. I was thinking about replacing the Display cases with writing tables and keep the benches as the shelf above.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In the picture of Goodman's it shows those edge carpets. How do you keep them from slipping down all the time? Anyone else use this method?

Thanks!

Gidge