• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interesting read, put it into better words than i have been able.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Still play because nothing else on the market even compares. Sure some now finally have housing.... but they are hand holding games. I HATE games where it's just one endless quest string after another.... I don't need anyone holding my hand to tell me what to do or when to do it in a game. When I want that I play Diablo... that sort of game play IMO not only requires ZERO imagination it also offers ZERO of your own spin on the world. In UO you can make whatever your imagination desires... in most games there is ZERO RP or it's all what they want you to RP and has little to do with your own input on the game.

And then when you mix in other people with their own spin on the game and ideas you bounce of each other and the experience is like nothing that you can get in most other games... That is why I play UO and stay in UO.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
interesting that the article is 6 years old, even before vintage games really became a thing. I still say that if UO had remained closer in style to its roots it would more popular than it currently is because today's popularity of older games in their original form.

15 classic PC games you should play again

UO didnt make the list, but some of the original ultimas are on there.

Last edited: