• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Interesting Faction-Related Tidbit in U.Hall

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Blah... they just gotta do something.. whether its the nail in the coffin or the resurrection of the factions.. I'm just sick of hearing **** they want or might do to help.. Just implement the new system so I can decided whether or not I want to active my other accounts or just deactivate the ones i got going now.

Phoenix_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to go back and browse the whole thread again myself, but be sure to read Mark's posts and perhaps keep an eye on that thread.
We have been preparing to open up a test shard with Factions changes. Currently work is being done in parallel with regular live publishes, so that the Factions system as-is won't be altered by the changes being made, until we're ready for full systems integration. This has some tricky code synchronization issues associated with it.

The most recent client patch included an alternate Felucca map with the new fortresses. We have the capability to activate that alternate map on a test shard. Once we're ready to playtest the Factions updates, the alternative map will kick in on the test shard.

Now that we're pretty much done with the current publish, we have begun development for the next publish, and are now able to shift some focus back to Factions. After we do enough internal testing to verify that the system changes are playable if not perfectly polished, and fix any issues we may find, we intend to open a Factions-specific test server and engage in focused conversation on these forums about the upcoming changes.

We absolutely intend to make sure these changes perform as expected and are as polished as time permits before rolling them out in a Live Publish. You can expect a lot of forum interaction from certain members of our development team on this issue. Once we go into public testing, I in particular will be MUCH more forthcoming with details, and will take in every bit of feedback you guys have to offer. (I have been lurking here daily, occasionally posting a small note here and there, but I haven't wanted to begin discussing the details of the changes and the theory behind them until you've had a chance to play with them. If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a playtest is worth a thousand design documents...)

We're also planning on utilizing the Test Center forum for Factions playtest feedback, not this forum. Even though this is the Factions forum, it seems like a good idea to keep discussion of things in testing on the Test Center forum.

As always, we can't commit to specific dates. All I can say is, it will be in testing SOON! As soon as we can get it there.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Thanks Mike. That is really good news. I have one question. Have you looked over the differences of Siege Factions vs other shards?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We're also planning on utilizing the Test Center forum for Factions playtest feedback, not this forum. Even though this is the Factions forum, it seems like a good idea to keep discussion of things in testing on the Test Center forum.
Can you please let us know as soon as possible what we need to do in order to participate in providing feedback via the closed forum?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Phoenix, I don't know if you can answer this here or not, but I thought I'd try asking anyway.

I'm currently trying to train Imbuing skill on a crafter character that I've had in factions now for about 3 1/2 years. The first skill she finished was tinkering so she could make faction trap deeds and trap removal kits. I've finally finished her blacksmithing (120) and am closing in on finishing tailoring to 120 as well. Next to finish is imbuing to 120.

What I'm wondering about is whether or not I'm wasting my time trying to get her the 10,000 Gargoyle Queen loyalty points so she can use the Queen's soulforge. I just have this suspicion that somehow factions will be using the loyalty system and if so, perhaps it will be impossible to stay in factions and still be loyal to the Gargoyle Queen. I'm speculating that there will be other entities to which our faction characters will pledge their loyalty.

Am I worrying for nothing or is this a legitimate concern?

Z

Zara

Phoenix,

Thanks for the update. As you can tell we factioners are getting antsy about the new changes and new bases. I play as a Shadow Lord and Great Lakes and I am sure you know the challenge we face in that base especially now as we have players from another faction literally casting summons down into the SL base from inside a house! The base is just so full of bugs that it makes it difficult to work with.

Many of us are trying to be patient awaiting the testing of the new factions. But maybe just maybe... throw us a bone here and there. It's killing me! LMAO!

For all of you working on the changes it seems to go by so quickly but for those of us waiting for the changes, time seems to crawl or stand still.

With that said, I also want to personally thank all of you for giving the factions some much deserved love. I can't say for sure if I am going to like the new changes or not but I am going to wait until they are fully put into place before offering any sort of real opinion.

Thanks again!

~Zara of Great Lakes

L

Lord Strahd

Thanks for the update Phoenix... I plan on playing on TC when you get those changes up and giving you guys plenty of feedback. Its very encouraging to see a post like that :)

by the way Phoenix Mythic

Can you divulge on wich faction is getting the axe? Please say it aint the True Britannian Faction!