• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Intensive Care wants you Chessy!

A

Arch Magus

Here goes nothin'...hopefully some people still read this board! =D

Hello Chesapeake! :yell:

How many of you players out there have had an interest in Champ spawns? Never been to one? Always wanted to try one out but not sure where to start?

Are you perhaps a newb to the Felucca facet? Is Yew gate the only PvP you have ever experienced?

Intensive Care just might be the guild for you!

First off, my goals here in creating this guild....

1) There's not much variety at Chessy spawns atm. Usually the same people day-in, day-out. This guild is an attempt to "throw another hat into the ring" so to speak.

2) I want new PVPers and PVMers alike to discover the thrill of Champ spawns. It just may be more fun than you ever imagined.:D

3) I want to show people that win or lose, you will have fun in Felucca, and you may just get rich in the process.:scholar:

4)Why should only a couple guilds on the shard have all the fun? I want to get some people together and show them "Yes, It is possible to do Champ Spawns, get scrolls and live to see another day".

So, Part-timers, Full-timers, Late-nighters, Early morning Dexxers and Mages, Tamers and Bards, bring out your best and lets see what we can do. Talk to your GM's and guildies, see if a few people want to join. You can always go back =/.

Questions? Comments?
Send me a PM if you are interested or post here.

Can't wait to hear from ya', anyone!:D

M

Mr Moosestache

This is what I've been wanting to happen. Hopefully this recruiting works out well.

A

Arch Magus

Thanks for the encouragement Moosestache and Deacon.

I have seen some new faces lately in Felucca.
Let's see if we can get some more pvp'ers on the field.:D

I'll be here all night if anyone has questions.
I know you're out there Chesapeake. :sleep2:

:spider:

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when was the last time ROT was successfully raided at a champ spawn or successfully defended against at a spawn? i doubt words of encouragement will change anything, they have turned into a zerg plain and simple, i know a guy from great lakes said he brought 10 people from there to go to chessy and join rot, rot rolls with around 30 active members so its really lame now, the guild themself has very few quality pvpers in it, but the numbers are what kill ya

A

Arch Magus

when was the last time ROT was successfully raided at a champ spawn or successfully defended against at a spawn? i doubt words of encouragement will change anything, they have turned into a zerg plain and simple, i know a guy from great lakes said he brought 10 people from there to go to chessy and join rot, rot rolls with around 30 active members so its really lame now, the guild themself has very few quality pvpers in it, but the numbers are what kill ya
rolleyes:

You want to know what's really lame? Your attitude.

Almost all the rot players I've fought against were top notch.
Very very tough to bring down.:gun:

30 active members? I doubt it, I usually never see more than 5 at Despise over and over again. :sleep2:

I'd hate to see what a real zerg looks like.

D.Blackmoore

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the guys in RoT are good at what they do, I dont feel however that the champ arena is where it's at now. If you can put up some numbers Get into a faction and do some real ol school battling. We've put out a True Brit Guild and to be honest we've been crushed thus far but it's been much more fun than fielding the island in despise ever was. We too hope to keep a hat in the ring and bring some folks over to fel. The RoT guys will tell ya they're hoping we ALL band together to fight the "zerg". If the SWAT alliance would jump into factions things would become somewhat more chaotic and fun. This invasion thing is gonna be crazy WOOT!

A

Arch Magus

Honestly, I don't know much at all about factions, sigils and whatnot.
:sleep2:

When I get some time, I'll send you a pm and get some more details about what you have going.

Also...

Despise is one of my favorite places, how dare you knock on it! :D
Who knows, with all this faction hulabaloo, right now might be the best time to raze some spawns. :gun:

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I already go to spawns all by my lonesome....Though I don't kill the spawn or the players there......

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rolleyes:

You want to know what's really lame? Your attitude.

Almost all the rot players I've fought against were top notch.
Very very tough to bring down.:gun:

30 active members? I doubt it, I usually never see more than 5 at Despise over and over again. :sleep2:

I'd hate to see what a real zerg looks like.
i consider my self a pretty good pvper, i can take down much of the competition, i am in swat and we are almost always outnumbered by rot, they have some good people yes, but some that dunno what they're doing as most guilds do, however the few that are good make up for the not so good by far, its hard to fight people when they are faster than you also, i would rather get involved in factions myself than fight at spawns, too many years same thing over and over, trying to get swat gm to move the main swat guild into factions

A

Arch Magus

I understand you are a spawn Vet yourself Demonous. I see where you are coming from, finding spawns monotonous after doing them so long.

However, this effort is more aimed at those who are new to the experience overall.

I'm attempting to get some new blood on the scene.:eyes:

T

truss

demon slayer is bad. he plays a dexer who cant help the team. like many of the bad swat kids they wont fight and just run. we always offer you guys fights and you say no. you get smashed at whatever you do. swat is just bad. its funny who a ton of swat kids run around me like nothing yet they call everybody hackers. so crap slayer pick a fight you want and let us know.

A

Arch Magus

Alright you two.
:gun:
We don't need to hear about how bad Demon is.
:sleep2:

Update on the guild:
A number of people have shown interest in participating, and when I get some time off work formal negotiations will eventually take place.:scholar:

Things are looking very promising I must say.:D

Stay tuned!
:spider:

A

Arch Magus

:bowdown:In addition,

I don't believe there has been anyone in SWAT I wasn't afraid to fight 1v2. =)
Same goes for fake !C! :lick:

RoT is another story entirely....

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
demon slayer is bad. he plays a dexer who cant help the team. like many of the bad swat kids they wont fight and just run. we always offer you guys fights and you say no. you get smashed at whatever you do. swat is just bad. its funny who a ton of swat kids run around me like nothing yet they call everybody hackers. so crap slayer pick a fight you want and let us know.
whoever your character may be, i am sure you are no help to your guild, a good dexxer can be a good team player if u know how to do the right thing, fighting at despise is just ********, whoever can field a bridge wins what talent... i get the job done when i want to believe me unknown person, and i haven't been to a field fight in like a month which has nothing to do with swat, just been busy, infact i haven't even been to a fight since joining swat, has nothing to do with rot either, i've gone to many fights knowing we would most likely lose, i do a lot of other stuff in rl and in uo and dont have much time for pvp, also fight on lake austin, just saying it how it is when i was in x and saw what rot did with having way too many numbers, u guys even have a guild doing spawns for u and giving u half of their 20s, the only thing to counter the number which is turning into something like black company now is to ally every other guild on the shard so until that happens rot won't go away

M

Mr Moosestache

Actually, Truss makes a huge difference at fights and for the guild.

T

truss

whoever your character may be, i am sure you are no help to your guild, a good dexxer can be a good team player if u know how to do the right thing, fighting at despise is just ********, whoever can field a bridge wins what talent... i get the job done when i want to believe me unknown person, and i haven't been to a field fight in like a month which has nothing to do with swat, just been busy, infact i haven't even been to a fight since joining swat, has nothing to do with rot either, i've gone to many fights knowing we would most likely lose, i do a lot of other stuff in rl and in uo and dont have much time for pvp, also fight on lake austin, just saying it how it is when i was in x and saw what rot did with having way too many numbers, u guys even have a guild doing spawns for u and giving u half of their 20s, the only thing to counter the number which is turning into something like black company now is to ally every other guild on the shard so until that happens rot won't go away
hahahahahaha your a tool. you claim to be great yet you dont go because you know you will loose. we ask to get fights at wrong but your guild stays at the gate. we do what we want when we want and you cant do **** about it. please try. i hope you do. we will smoke you non stop. have fun fighting in vamp because everybody knows they are a non zerg. and when you say ally every guild do you mean like x c swat and oath? because that didnt work good for you guys either. but thats cool. i am a no name. keep playing your dexer and dont get anything done as your guild drops around you and you still fail to get a kill.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I would direct people from PaxOku but it seems to create problems with fel champ spawns.

and no im not bitchin its just fact

The Fel PvP guilds dont give them a chance. They stomp them, res kill and talk trash to these people who are new to fel and champ spawns. So really the Fel pvpers cant complain or yell at anyone but themselves. They are the ones who made fel the way it is and its popuation. If they gave these people an over look at times. Like "Oh we didnt see them doing a spawn" even though they did they are just trying to encourage them to stay before the real pvp begins.

Or they send in a small raid and purposly fail to these new people and in turn are trained on defense but im afraid their PvP egos get in the way of that.

Alas they don't do any of that, so people come and try it out get stomped and do not return to fel. Then the pvpers complain they have nothing to do and start to leave the game and they can only blame themselves.

Perhaps the fel area forgot the message doesnt go "Just try harder and you will get better" yeah sure thats great IN REAL LIFE but in a game its very easy for people to be like "Screw this" i can do tram peerless and don't bother with FEL. Why am I bothering with my game relaxation time to get raided every single time we do a spawn.

So thats all I got to say. I do a champ spawn here and there but I just dont need to do them cuz I got all the scrolls I need. The thing I like to do in Fel pvp is defense and cross healing. Im not much for being a meat sheild. I like defense so thats why I like factions :)

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Okay one thing....

I wil tell you what will FIX everyones problem and will repopulate Fel like it was when champ spawns first came out.

All the fel pvpers need to take 1-2months break from raiding. Just do their own champ spawns and let EVERYONE flood into the fel because hey we can all do champ spawns.

Have you fel pvp but not at champ spawns. THEN once tons of people are in fel you can start SLOWLY raiding. Ease these new people into it and then they will in turn learn how to defend a spawn and will have competeing characters by then.

Like I said this would fix everything but would never get done unless the Gms of the Major PvP guilds got together and agreed on it. Because in the long run you will be much happier with tons of other people and tons more raids and fights to go to.

T

truss

so then these kids dont have to take there whippings like everybody else did who has pvped? i started long ago and then came back on catskills with the original sx. they didnt take it easy on anybody. i got smashed over and over and it made me want to try harder. these kids your talking about will come and stay when they win but when they dont that will be it. pvp guys do plenty more then what you said. i have given tons of stuff out and scrolls. the only way more people are going to pvp is if ea does something to get more people in the game and that probably wont happen.

D.Blackmoore

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which is exactly why I would say the PVP'rs should ALL go to factions. The team work is still there, the goal is still there, and the rewards are up and coming. We've been doin the factions for a week or so and for the most part, RoT has done well to not rez kill with the excemption of a few who dont listen to thier gm. Hell they even gave a member there suit back last night out of respect for what we are tryin to get goin here.
RoT has most anyone outnumbered and sure more will try and join them to be on the side with numbers. Getting group ganked isnt fun. Any current faction guy will tell ya you cant even hit the yew gate in fel without 4 or 5 waiting to reveal you and drop the group bomb on yaz. This well known thing is called "tactics!" Gotta get over it. The shoe hasnt been on the other foot as of late but if it were, The story would be the same. Finding a fair fight isnt in the game mechanics anymore lol.
Imo I'd be surpised if anyone over there is really playing without the help of third party programs and such as the game has overlooked them. You almost be an outright fool to even try without it. Everyone wants to be on a level playing field. When Fel wasn't the Red Kingdom there was one real reason behind it. They couldn't zerg the spawns because "they" were outnumbered for one and anyone who died in the spawn dungeon couldnt return for like 20 mins if i remember correctly. If it's spawns we trammies want thats the easy answer there.
But hell yeah Swat and every other guild who wants to see the RoT come to an end needs to devote some troops to the effort. Let's all get our hands dirty, how bout it?

A

Arch Magus

In my opinion, the problem here is the attitude players have towards spawns and fighting off the larger guilds in general.

RoT dies just like everybody else. They've been in this game for a long time, and they know most if not all the best strategies required to bring down Players.

People need to just get out there and start fighting. Whatever the odds. Nothing is lost but a measley amount of gold and possibly a few pots and bandies. Any player who is willing just needs time. With time comes experience.

Then the Trammies who stay through the thick and the thin too will be able to call themselves PvP'rs.

You only get better by putting yourself up against the best, all the while paying your dues and gaining valuable spawn experience that you may have never had.

The learning curve is definatley large, but the rewards and the excitement are irreplaceable.

A

Arch Magus

Oh yeah..

until this guild becomes a true contender, you won't be seeing any faction tags on us. :mf_prop:

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im sure I speak for about 80% of our guild (like you said; some just dont listen) when I say; we will fight you guys even numbers if ya ask!! Even less numbers. Just not at the gate; or at champs spawns (Too many random people/stealthers). I know turles and myself love to go into a group of 3-5 people and fight them 2 vs 3-5. Everyone learns. You have to depend on your partners; we gain more experince as a duo; and everyone has fun.

As far as factions; if your at the base; most (again, the few exceptions) of us will fight you and not res kill; as long as you dont come back until the raid/fight is over. Its easy to mix people up if you come back right away. Stat is no fun at all. We all know this. So we try our best to not reskill/kill in stat. Anyone can ask the CG guild (I think thats your name; if not Im sorry; I attack orange and dont look at tags ;p), its been a lot of fun. And been fun to fight them. There starting to learn too. All is good && fun =]

N

Nastia Cross

I give CG credit for getting out there and fighting, they may not all have the experience pvpin, but they'll get it and they are at least trying (some of them are quite good...). Factions isn't as bad as ppl make it out to be, you get used to the stat loss and it breaks up the monotony of gate fighting.. I mean how many nights can you stand there watching blues run back into guard zone so they can have the guards kill you instead of doing it themselves...

I know this is more of the same, but I'm with the guys above in saying the more the merrier in Fel.

T

Turles

i myself beileve if swat would just all join a faction thered be way more fun. most of us in rot right now dont even do anything spawn wise. who is left to fight really no one. so we are banking on factions to give us someything to do. if swat was smart of brave instead of gate hiding theyd join a faction and fight us but then thered be no guard zone an without that theyd die, it is there greatest ally after all. the new tb guild has given us more of a fight then swat has in the last past 3 months an they have only a few people. demonslayer get your guild to man up and fight us so i have a reason to get on chessy an fight.... please my axe isnt blood stained any longer:sad2: it saddens me

G

Gowron

i myself beileve if swat would just all join a faction thered be way more fun. most of us in rot right now dont even do anything spawn wise. who is left to fight really no one. so we are banking on factions to give us someything to do. if swat was smart of brave instead of gate hiding theyd join a faction and fight us but then thered be no guard zone an without that theyd die, it is there greatest ally after all. the new tb guild has given us more of a fight then swat has in the last past 3 months an they have only a few people. demonslayer get your guild to man up and fight us so i have a reason to get on chessy an fight.... please my axe isnt blood stained any longer:sad2: it saddens me
I have to say, that this run in factions has been the most fun I've had in this game in years. Yes, we TB guys have been getting spanked, but between grabbing their sigil after they've stolen it from us, after I've stolen it from them and then switching chars to fight has been nothing less than a freakin' blast. As I've said, we've gotten spanked, but it is nice to know that we've dropped a few of them in the process.

I AM A TRAMMIE....AND I APPROVED THIS MESSAGE.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
so then these kids dont have to take there whippings like everybody else did who has pvped? i started long ago and then came back on catskills with the original sx. they didnt take it easy on anybody. i got smashed over and over and it made me want to try harder. these kids your talking about will come and stay when they win but when they dont that will be it. pvp guys do plenty more then what you said. i have given tons of stuff out and scrolls. the only way more people are going to pvp is if ea does something to get more people in the game and that probably wont happen.
Never said they didnt have to take their lickings but you have to remember this isnt the same population we had. Ive tryed to get people to do champ spawns they get so beat up before they can even learn to do a champ spawn and leave fel. im just saying the fel pvpers cant complain about no one coming to PvP or spawn.

Give them their fricken lickings after they have been in fel for awhile and start to learn champ spawns. once they learn them they will like them and then once they are use to doing them they wont want to stop even if raids are coming in.

So really the attitude of Chesapeake players today are okay im not successful at that and dont bother to come back to fel.

(What im saying is lead them into a false sense of security and then once they are hooked on doing champ spawns and dont want to let it go then raid them...because they will stick around longer int he fel area then raiding them and stomping them to the ground the first three spawns that they do.)

T

Turdnugget

I'd be more than happy to make an alt on Chessy if I could get some help w/some decent armor/jewels. I've already got a couple chrs there but starting from scratch sucks.

I've played UO off and on over the past 9 or so years...

Any takers?

Oh, and I love PvP =)

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
rot hasn't been around for years arch magus, they were created a few months ago... some of the members are from old guilds on chessy yes but a lot of them are definitely from other shards, they do have a lot of numbers now its a fact, and when i say ally every guild i dont mean swat, champs, x and oath... i mean those + every single guild, basically every player on the shard that is not currently in rot, we don't need decent people, just people who can take hits while the people that know how to fight do the damage... like i said i've been busy lately and do a lot of other stuff in uo like making gold and stuff, i enjoy that kind of thing, when i was in champs years ago with mikey as gm, or bic or FS! then i enjoyed raiding spawns 24/7 and all i would do is pvp all day, i've burned that out over the years and find it boring now, win or lose its boring to me a lot of the time so i only do it once a while... don't get me wrong there are some good pvpers in rot i'm sure truss is one of them i just am not familiar with his character, my definition of a good pvper differs from some though because to me just being able to kill someone is not a good pvper, doing it in a not gimp way is what earns respect. But i am glad ROT exists, i really enjoy being in underdog guilds because i have nothing to lose, i very rarely do spawns and when i do i expect to be raided and will fight for it but if i lose i lose... i dunno how often swat actually pvps but i hear we lose a lot of the time and i am looking forward to faction changes, i really hope courage does put the main guild into COM and i will definitely play on the fell side a lot more often if this takes place, i dont care if i die in factions the fights years ago were so much fun... Broli knows what im talkin about i remember when he was in tb years ago thats how he got his rep as a faction pvper so he knows how much fun factions can be when its active, i admit rot dominates the shard and i do not mind in the slightest but i really hope that factions turns out to be a lot of fun

G

Gowron

Factions does prove to be fun. Last night's engagement was less PvP and more of a thief competition. Once again, I salute RoT for defeating my PvP char and coming close to catching my thief.

And to the non-guilded Minax faction member...I look forward to seeing you fight outside a guard zone. I lost nothing I wasn't willing to, and it was worth everything to see what kind of bedwetter you really are.

N

Nastia Cross

My thief was certainly getting her money's worth last night and I'm sure with the new pub she'll be super busy.. look forward to stealthing by you with my sigils in the future.

S

Sebrina

1) There's not much variety at Chessy spawns atm. Usually the same people day-in, day-out. This guild is an attempt to "throw another hat into the ring" so to speak.

2) I want new PVPers and PVMers alike to discover the thrill of Champ spawns. It just may be more fun than you ever imagined.:D

3) I want to show people that win or lose, you will have fun in Felucca, and you may just get rich in the process.:
I do not experience much PvP on a regular basis, nor have I gone to more than 3 Champ-Spawns, but if you are offering to be a guide, I shall attend an adventure with you and your guild.

I have to say, that this run in factions has been the most fun I've had in this game in years. Yes, we TB guys have been getting spanked, but between grabbing their sigil after they've stolen it from us, after I've stolen it from them and then switching chars to fight has been nothing less than a freakin' blast. As I've said, we've gotten spanked, but it is nice to know that we've dropped a few of them in the process.

I AM A TRAMMIE....AND I APPROVED THIS MESSAGE.
I live on Trammel, but when the moons change, I travel to Felluca. It is always interesting, even if I am only marking runes. I do not fear "ghosting it." I carry little that would impede the travels or death.

-yet, I see great potential in all this and will would write words of worth for such adventures as opportunity presents itself.