• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Instead of rushing out the 4th and 5th year reward

G

How about doing something like Ultima Online (UO). They are both owned by Mystic, so I think it is a valid comparison.

In UO you get to choose a reward from a list. Clicky here to see it.

Take some time and make some new gift choices for years 1 - 3. Then make choices for 4 and 5.

Give everyone 3 choices for free at amnesty or after 1 year. Then give one more choice per year of account age. This way, if someone has their dog statue but wants something else for year 1 they can choose it.

I have saved up 3 choices in UO because I cant decide what I want.

Only people that meet the age requirements can use the object. A 1 year old cant use a 2 year old item. A tree would mean they cant put it on their lot if they are just 1, but they could eat fruit from someone elses loins, I mean tree.

I would be will to wait a few months for amnesty if the devs would make gift choices like UO has done. They could even use objects created by CC makers that look good. All they have to do is add a script.

For the first year it could be an object like the pet statue, when you "worship" it, one of your motives would increase depending upon the object type.

This could really make the game fun.

I

imported_Starrfoxx

Honestly, I think it's too late for suggestions. I think EA has made up their mind on what we are getting, and we should be thankful that we are getting anything at all. It's a great idea for the future though, if there are ever any EA Land Anniversary gifts.

Question: Does the 4th/5th year rewards only apply towards TSO's run? Will we accumulate these gifts with our time in EA Land months/years from now? Finally, do you think we'll get any more anniversary gifts and will it start over with 1st Anniversary?

G

The account age is what it is based upon. So, we are gettng credit for TSO time. Many accounts are due 4th gifts.

Will we get specific EALand gifts for anniversaries? Thats a good idea.

UO didnt start their rewards until the third year I think. They gave out gifts, and still do, on holidays. Like TSO did with the snow people, turkeys, BBQ pits, etc.

A statue that gives a motive increase in a set motive is not that hard to make.

G

ou make a valid point, and you do it in PARAGRAPH form! How great!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

LMAO. I'm sorry but just the subject of this thread cracked me up. "Instead of rushing"? hahahahahahaha. Hello. The 4th year gift is over a year late. The 5th year will be close to 5 months late. I really don't think anything was rushed.

G

From what I have heard, The 4th year is a gold marker. I would call that rushed or lack of creativity. You pick.

The rush part comes from the amnesty due date. But.... who knows the real timeframe of that.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Perhaps it would be better to start a discussion about that 6th year anniversary. Only 10 months left to figure it out.

G

I think it might have been a similar scenario to how i usually handle housework. I slack off all day playing online, then i rush around to get it done and its about a halfarsed job. IMO i do not feel that anyone spent over a year trying to perfect the ultimate 4th year gift. It was obviously a rush job.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Perhaps it would be better to start a discussion about that 6th year anniversary. Only 10 months left to figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a good one.

Id settle for a "never needs cleaning bathtub" for the 4th year gift. My gills are dry.