• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Installing 2 instances of UO

J

Jaqui

I play 2 different shards.But currently they are each set up on different laptops. I know theres a way to put 2 seperate instances on 1 computer. I have tried to put it in D Drive and it still freezes up. One instance i'm using a d/l of UOML from site, the other is a d/l from AOS disk. :confused:

H

HellaFarris

You can run two sessions of the EC concurrently from the same install no problem - I do it all the time.

P

Pazuzu

You can run two sessions of the EC concurrently from the same install no problem - I do it all the time.
This.

EC multi-instances quite well. Well, on appropriate hardware, of course.

(For the record, my machine: i7 950, 12GB DDR3-1600, 2x GTX295 cards...)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think he wants completely different standard settings for each shard. Certain things in options, when changed, affect the setup for all characters using that install of the client.

I think that it might have been possible back a year or two ago, but I don't think it is anymore, after they moved the shard/account/character settings to Documents & Settings.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as your computer can handle it, go download your choice of a Virtual Machine (personally I use Microsoft's Virtual PC- yes, it's free). Install UO on the virtual machine and there you go.