• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TV Insomniacs?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
HBO2 has a marathon of Game of Thrones!!
About to start season 3 in my time zone.

Might be up all night now.

What do you usually watch when you can't sleep?

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I come here to read the latest amazing postings by Flutter! -)

I watch shows I wouldn't normally watch...on the site I go to. For instance, I normally wouldn't watch the Food/Cooking shows that Taylor loves...but recently I started watching a few when I couldn't sleep and DAG NABBIT...I now have new shows I have to watch! GGRRRRrrr.... -)

I also cruise the InterTubes and view online comics when I can't sleep. I helped fund Girl Genius Online during their recent Kickstarter (not much...just enough to say I Love What You DO!)...Kaja and Phil Foglio (Foglio Studios) publishes other categories of comics they've created. I read the Luann comic...created by Greg Evans who lives about 10 miles from me. I peruse Ctrl-Alt-Del comics now and then.

Or cruise the various news outlets around the world....I like to see the news from different national/cultural perspectives.

Or just wander the Net and see what surprising websites I can find.

TQQdles™

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I wasn't kidding about not watching the food network anymore. Especially at night. I had been wondering why I felt like I was starving. You can't look at the beautiful food and cheeses without raiding the fridge, at least I can't.
I've been trying to record random 30 minute shows and saving them for insomnia nights. Pawn stars, right this minute (highly recommend), etc...
I do love Craig Ferguson. Usually by the time that show is over my Ambien kicks in and even if I'm not asleep I'm in happy land and have no memory of what I watch LOL
Never discount random series on Netflix either!!!

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I couldn't sleep this morning, my leg is getting bad again. So I broke down and watched Game of Thrones. But I skipped the recap from last season. I also cheated and looked on the wiki to see where the storyline is going...I am ready for the "DAMMMIT....But I started liking them!!!>.<" events coming up. -)

Just goes to show....I sometimes do the opposite of what I say. I gotta keep you all guessing somehow! -)

TQQdles™

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HBO2 has a marathon of Game of Thrones!!
About to start season 3 in my time zone................
So I couldn't sleep this morning, my leg is getting bad again. So I broke down and watched Game of Thrones. But I skipped the recap from last season. I also cheated and looked on the wiki to see where the storyline is going...I am ready for the "DAMMMIT....But I started liking them!!!>.<" events coming up. -)

Just goes to show....I sometimes do the opposite of what I say. I gotta keep you all guessing somehow! -)

TQQdles™
Ah yes, yet more mere mortals have succumbed (or shall we say just for the sake of saying it ((as Noldor so eloquently put it)) "broke down" and yet, as I look upward toward the the dark clouds housed within this series still tainted and wet of the tears shed from the red wedding, I think of my friend ((you know who you are!)) who still refuses to admit to me he watches it but of course I know better) to what we, those who watch, have known all along! -- and I quote one of my favorite characters.... "There are no shadows in the dark. Shadows are the servants of light, the children of fire. The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows. It is death we choose, or life. Darkness, or light." - Melisandre :wink:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm on the third Game of Thrones book. Enjoy it, but I was upset last night when the season premier took down HBO Go. I was in the middle of the season 2 finale of Boardwalk Empire. >:[

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anxiously waiting on the next book from GRRM but I wonder if it's all been played out in his brilliant mind already or if the reactions of the audience is changing destinies even now.