• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] INSCRIPTION : What is the MAX number of properties and MAX intensities for Spellbooks & Scrapper's ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to Inscription Craftables – Ultima Online when inscribing a Spellbook, it is said :

** When crafting a spellbook there is a chance it will get up to 3 magical properties.
These properties can be Faster Casting, Faster Cast Recovery, Lower Mana Cost, Lower Reagent Cost, Mana Increase, Mana Regeneration, Spell Damage Increase,
Intelligence Bonus and a few mage related Skills(Magery, Eval. Int., Meditation and Resist).
None of the listed properties is a Slayer YET, Spellbooks CAN be crafted with also a Slayer modifier if the RNG wants it....

Do I need to therefore conclude that Spellbooks can be inscribed with 3 of the properties listed in that Paragraph PLUS a Slayer property thus making the total as 4 magical properties on a Spellbook ?

As in regards to Scrapper's Compendiums, according to Scrapper's Compendium - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

When crafting, there is a chance to create a Scrapper's Compendium with random extra properties (up to three, chances dependent on your Magery skill). Examples are Slayer, Mana Regeneration, Lower Reagent Cost, etc.
These random properties are in addition to the existing fixed properties, so this item has the potential to be very powerful indeed. Now, the number of "fixed" properties for a Scrapper's Compendium is 4.
Do I understand it as right, from the above Paragraph, that, therefore, a Scrapper's Compendium could possibly be inscribed with 4 + 3 = 7 magical properties in total?

And what about the MAX intensities which these Magical Properties inscribed in a Scrapper's Compendium can be incribed with ? Anyone knows what they are ?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've seen as much as 15% LRC on a crafted spellbook before.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen as much as 15% LRC on a crafted spellbook before.
Thanks for the answer.

Do you know whether the MAX number of Magical Properties that a Spellbook can be inscribed with is 3 or 4 (if the Slayer property gets rolled by the RNG) ?

And what about Scrapper's Compendiums ? Can they come as MAX with 7 Magical Properties ? At what maximum intensities, respectively ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So, effectively, the cap on each of the non-boolean (boolean are "there" or "not there" ones, like FC 1, slayer, etc.) properties is 75% or 80%, whichever is the highest integer value.

stuff like Int Bonus: 6/8 = 75 intensity
LRC: 16% is 80 intensity
SDI: 9% is 75 intensity
Skills: +12 is 80 intensity

etc....

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
According to Inscription Craftables – Ultima Online when inscribing a Spellbook, it is said :

None of the listed properties is a Slayer YET, Spellbooks CAN be crafted with also a Slayer modifier if the RNG wants it....

Do I need to therefore conclude that Spellbooks can be inscribed with 3 of the properties listed in that Paragraph PLUS a Slayer property thus making the total as 4 magical properties on a Spellbook ?

As in regards to Scrapper's Compendiums, according to Scrapper's Compendium - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Do I understand it as right, from the above Paragraph, that, therefore, a Scrapper's Compendium could possibly be inscribed with 4 + 3 = 7 magical properties in total?

And what about the MAX intensities which these Magical Properties inscribed in a Scrapper's Compendium can be incribed with ? Anyone knows what they are ?

Thanks.
invasion spellbooks are 2 steps better i have done mage books since was option

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
invasion spellbooks are 2 steps better i have done mage books since was option
@wanderer1origin

Do you mean that, since the release of the Invasion Spellbooks, Magery Spellbooks and even Scrapper's Compendiums have become totally obsolete and not a matchto compete with the Invasion Spellbooks ?

Not even the Scrapper's that come with extra properties and a Slayer ?

The Invasion Spellbooks just trumped all other Magery Spellbooks ?

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@wanderer1origin

Do you mean that, since the release of the Invasion Spellbooks, Magery Spellbooks and even Scrapper's Compendiums have become totally obsolete and not a matchto compete with the Invasion Spellbooks ?

Not even the Scrapper's that come with extra properties and a Slayer ?

The Invasion Spellbooks just trumped all other Magery Spellbooks ?
scrappers if slayer might be better if you can find regular spellbooks dubious i have been making spell books for a very long time as my 2nd main toon is named author pre origin shard

invasion at 30 sdi or better tops a lot of things if not specific hunting :;
only lol use mage for obsidian quest and books on tamer and other pvm mages i dont pvp