• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inscription] inscription vs SS (mostly for corpse skin)

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i dont see much of a difference, this is PvM btw
i still use protection spell,scribe still fizzles alot.
is it worth it to keep scribe at GM and drop ss down?
if so where should it be kept? 60's?
is it pointless to keep both? either? template so far is this

120 magery(crystalline ring)
120 eval
120 mystic
120 focus(crystalline ring)
120 SS
60 necro
106 med

C

Capt.E

I don't understand what you are trying to do with that template.

Drop med to 60 ish?? Then do necro at 100-105.

Honestly you can cast corpse skin with no ss. It doesn't last very long, but neither do pvm stuffs if you have high enough sdi and a slayer book.

Well gl. If you were to describe what you hunt on a regular basis I may be able to offer different advice.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well heres what im contending with, i use to corpsekin to just to start then i thorw some firebased spells till i need to recast corpseskin again.
my main question is is inscription worth having for the 10% sdi? or is SS better to keep for the longer corpseskin? so far the total dmg output with both doesnt seem much higher than without one or the other.

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not much point in Necro without having SS. You can get 10% SDI from lots of things. Also don`t forget with SS you can also leech back mana in Wraith Form.

I`m running a template close to yours.

120 Mystic
120 Focus
100 Necro (105 from Bloodspirit Tailsman)
110 SS (120 with Tailsman)
110 Magery
110 Eval
50 Med

S

Stupid Miner

well heres what im contending with, i use to corpsekin to just to start then i thorw some firebased spells till i need to recast corpseskin again.
my main question is is inscription worth having for the 10% sdi? or is SS better to keep for the longer corpseskin? so far the total dmg output with both doesnt seem much higher than without one or the other.
In all cases -15 Fire Resist will boost your damage more than SDI.
If your opponent has 0-15 fire resist you'll do 15% more damage with fire spells
if your opponent has 85-15 fire resist youll do twice as much damage than without.

The more fire resist they start with, the more of an effect it has.

Read: "Inscription is a waste of 100 skill in PvM"

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok sounds good one more question
is necro worth having at 100 if im only using corpse skin and wraith form
meaning does it add to dmg or is having high necro only good for chance to cast spells without failure

S

Stupid Miner

ok sounds good one more question
is necro worth having at 100 if im only using corpse skin and wraith form
meaning does it add to dmg or is having high necro only good for chance to cast spells without failure
Why wouldn't you use Wither or occasionally Lich Form?
And Animate Dead. Skeletal Dragon and Lich Lords require 100 Necro/SS

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why wouldn't you use Wither or occasionally Lich Form?
And Animate Dead. Skeletal Dragon and Lich Lords require 100 Necro/SS
i get more dmg and area effect with hailstorm than wither. lich form is pointless, i have plenty of mana regen.animate dead is so-so for me

so does necro modify dmg at all or is just SS?

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wither doese 100% cold damage. Which may work better against what your figthng than hail storm. Depending on the monster resist. Don`t forget there is also Evil Omen that effects spell damage to. Strangle, Poison Strike, & Pain spike can all be usefull to. Of course Pain Spike just for a quick finisher.

Necromancy is basically a pretty cool toolbox. It has decent damage spells, curses, & gives you up to an extra 3 summons with animate dead. If you just want Necromancy to cast Corpse Skin. I`d recomend dropping Necromancy, & SS all together, & pickup SW then.

yars

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah i do like wraith form for the leech and i do champs in fel regularly as well, corpse is nice since it lasts a little while. as for dropping them for SW, WoD is about the only think appealing to me there,i have it on my tamer which i see more benefit. thnks for all your help guys and gals

S

Stupid Miner

yeah i do like wraith form for the leech and i do champs in fel regularly as well, corpse is nice since it lasts a little while. as for dropping them for SW, WoD is about the only think appealing to me there,i have it on my tamer which i see more benefit. thnks for all your help guys and gals
If only going for corpse skin or weaker spells, then 60 Necro seems to be fine.
However, doesn't seem like a good idea in my opinion, but then again i've never played a necro as a pure caster, so it might work.