• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Insane Tinker Legs

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you imbue insane tinker legs? If so, how many imbue slots are left on them? Can you use powder of fortifying on them?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Can you imbue insane tinker legs? If so, how many imbue slots are left on them? Can you use powder of fortifying on them?
Seems like there was a bug at one point where you could imbue them but I could be misremembering. Coco nails the answers though.

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Seems like there was a bug at one point where you could imbue them but I could be misremembering. Coco nails the answers though.
Possibly thinking of the Clockwork Leggings from Exodus? They can be imbued and enhanced, producing anything usable with them is out of the question.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It was Clockwork Leggings that were once able to be imbued. I forget if it was one or two Imbue slots you could get on there. I still have a pair buried somewhere...

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Possibly thinking of the Clockwork Leggings from Exodus? They can be imbued and enhanced, producing anything usable with them is out of the question.
Really? I use Clockwork Leggings on my Sampire. I like them - reduce SR to 1 and you have some room to imbue. I get +30 HC from my jewelry, so they balance them out well. My suit is something like 150 HP, 185 Stamina, 70+ mana, 45 DCI/HCI, 35% SSI, 70/70/70/70/75, 50+ LMC, 100% DI from the suit, and +45 skills from my jewels. Certainly "useable," haha.

Last edited:

Lord Viro

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
would you mind throwing a breakdown of your gear on here? im trying to gear out my sampire and im looking for ideas on gear.

Thanks.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
would you mind throwing a breakdown of your gear on here? im trying to gear out my sampire and im looking for ideas on gear.

Thanks.
Hi,

Are you asking me? If so, below is a brief breakdown. Please know that that are many other ways to approach a sampire. For example, some like refining their equipment to increase resists and lower max DCI. I, however, like max DCI.

Hands: Gloves of Feudal Grip
Legs: Clockwork Leggings
Belt: Ozy Obi or Crimson Cinture
Back: Despicable Quiver
Talisman: Enchantress' Cameo
Arms, Chest, Neck: Legendary armor pieces
Robe: Lord Morphius' Epaulettes
Sash: Spell Focusing Sash

The head varies. I often use the Mask of Khal Ankur, which balances my suit well. In this case, I reforg my Clockwork Leggings to have additional mana and hit points. If, however, I use Mace and Shield glasses, I use Clockwork Leggings with LMC. I could also use a legendary here if I wanted to.

My jewelry are "prized" pieces. In total, they provide +30 parrying, +15 necro, +20% SSI, +50 DI, +30% HCI, and +8 Dex. I basically built my armor around these pieces of jewelry, haha.

My skill breakdown is 120 Weapon, 120 Bushido, 120 Tactics, 120 Chiv, 120 Anatomy or Resist, 100 Necro, and 65 Parry. The 65 parry gives me enough for the full special move mana reduction. Some may disagree with so much Chiv, but I like it because it makes it easy to hit 300% overall damage increase, plus it has a lot of other utility. When I get every Cameo, though, I may switch to 85 Chiv and 100 parry.

I generally use either macing (Hammer Pick) or swords (Double Axe). Both these weapons have a swing speed of 3.25, so the key is to have 180+ stamina and 35% SSI. At 35% SSI, 3.25 weapons do not drop to 1.5 swings/sec until 150 stamina, so you have some buffer.

Ideally, you want 35% SSI, 180+ stamina, 140+ HP, 60+ mana, 100% DI, 40+ LMC (Ideally 50+), and 45% HCI. When you start out, it's much easier to include SSI and DI on your weapon. As you build a better suit, however, you can get 100% DI and 35% SSI from just your equipment, not including your weapon, which frees up mods for your weapon.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited:

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi,

Are you asking me? If so, below is a brief breakdown. Please know that that are many other ways to approach a sampire. For example, some like refining their equipment to increase resists and lower max DCI. I, however, like max DCI.

Hands: Gloves of Feudal Grip
Legs: Clockwork Leggings
Belt: Ozy Obi or Crimson Cinture
Back: Despicable Quiver
Talisman: Enchantress' Cameo
Arms, Chest, Neck: Legendary armor pieces
Robe: Lord Morphius' Epaulettes
Sash: Spell Focusing Sash

The head varies. I often use the Mask of Khal Ankur, which balances my suit well. In this case, I reforg my Clockwork Leggings to have additional mana and hit points. If, however, I use Mace and Shield glasses, I use Clockwork Leggings with LMC. I could also use a legendary here if I wanted to.

My jewelry are "prized" pieces. In total, they provide +30 parrying, +15 necro, +20% SSI, +50 DI, +30% HCI, and +8 Dex. I basically built my armor around these pieces of jewelry, haha.

My skill breakdown is 120 Weapon, 120 Bushido, 120 Tactics, 120 Chiv, 120 Anatomy or Resist, 100 Necro, and 65 Parry. The 65 parry gives me enough for the full special move mana reduction. Some may disagree with so much Chiv, but I like it because it makes it easy to hit 300% overall damage increase, plus it has a lot of other utility. When I get every Cameo, though, I may switch to 85 Chiv and 100 parry.

I generally use either macing (Hammer Pick) or swords (Double Axe). Both these weapons have a swing speed of 3.25, so the key is to have 180+ stamina and 35% SSI. At 35% SSI, 3.25 weapons do not drop to 1.5 swings/sec until 150 stamina, so you have some buffer.

Ideally, you want 35% SSI, 180+ stamina, 140+ HP, 60+ mana, 100% DI, 40+ LMC (Ideally 50+), and 45% HCI. When you start out, it's much easier to include SSI and DI on your weapon. As you build a better suit, however, you can get 100% DI and 35% SSI from just your equipment, not including your weapon, which frees up mods for your weapon.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
I thought the necro had to be real skill. Am I be wrong 'n shtuff?

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I thought the necro had to be real skill. Am I be wrong 'n shtuff?
Agree, this is interesting. I'm pretty sure it used to be 99 skill real, then they must have changed it a few years back? Then I run 99 Necro and could really use some of these points elsewhere. I need confirmation of this also..

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Agree, this is interesting. I'm pretty sure it used to be 99 skill real, then they must have changed it a few years back? Then I run 99 Necro and could really use some of these points elsewhere. I need confirmation of this also..
See attached. I have 85 real skill in Necro and am using vampiric embrace. I lose vampiric embrace once I take off the ring.

Attachments

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Does not have to be real skill, but you must maintain 99+ to stay in Vamp Embrace. You used to be able to equip say, Midnight Bracers with +20 Necro, ring & bracelet with +15 each, there were one or two other items that escape my memory just now, I'm sure you could make up to about 80 skill just on items. You could then cast Vamp Embrace then swap those items out and you would stay in Vamp form.
The change was made to drop you out of Vamp form if you don't maintain 99+.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You still need the 100 necro, it can be on items. So, unless you find jewelry that has everything you have now and 15 necro, you wouldn't change your suit.

His ring is almost what you can imbue on a 10SSI item. so, imbue this or that...

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It was Clockwork Leggings that were once able to be imbued. I forget if it was one or two Imbue slots you could get on there. I still have a pair buried somewhere...
Was this part of the "oversight" that artifacts could be imbued when the skill was first introduced? I don't immediately recall what exactly people made, but people reported making some nice things.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Was this part of the "oversight" that artifacts could be imbued when the skill was first introduced? I don't immediately recall what exactly people made, but people reported making some nice things.
Ever since I saw this thread, I have been keeping an eye out for where my old imbued pair might be. I will post up what I was able to get on there if I find it. It wasn't necessarily anything spectacular.

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ever since I saw this thread, I have been keeping an eye out for where my old imbued pair might be. I will post up what I was able to get on there if I find it. It wasn't necessarily anything spectacular.
Here are the three I use depending on the rest of my suit.

Attachments

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Here are the three I use depending on the rest of my suit.
The one I have is somewhat close to the third one you posted (HP, Mana and Dex).

ultima2005

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The one I have is somewhat close to the third one you posted (HP, Mana and Dex).
Yeah, that's my go-to piece. I use the one with LMC if I wear Mace and Shield glasses. I used the piece with high fire resists before I got my Despicable Quiver with fire resist.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Did the devs remove the ability to imbue clockwork leggings??