• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Insane Curse

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Desire of solitude had driven her here, the nights were at best haunting but this was where she had found her sanity or was it actually sanity or Insanity. Phoebe had wandered through much of Britainia and had never found a place to hold her attention but here in what she called the Bayou she found comfort, many deemed her as the OddBall and Insane. Much of her Time she had spent outside this marsh land she had felt the need to ramble and say anything just to hear herself talk , in her senses it was like confirming she was alive and searching for where she belonged, once she had entered the swamp lands her rantings had almost ceased, perhaps now the need to listen to the sounds of the creatures in the marshland to keep from being the dinner of such beasts. Not many ventured into this land, scared of the creatures she had always thought or maybe the nasty living conditions of the area. The Fat and Sassy seemed to just sink into the mud and dirty the fine boots they wore, so it was never likely to find the elite in the swamps.

The tavern had always been quiet and most of the time the bartender was nowhere to be found just an open bar and free reign of the contents. The nights were quiet and she would listen to the crickets sing in between the moans of the gators outside. Tonight however was not like every other night.

Sitting at her normal table sipping the stale ale, she glanced up catching a glimpse of the tavern door creaking open and a small white haired girl peeking in. Startled Phoebe jumped from her chair knocking it over and hitting the floor, this must have frightened the young girl as she darted back outside. Slowly blinking Phoebe wasn't sure to go see where the girl went or just continue with her drink. As the latter sounded the more appealing option to her she bent over to pick up the chair and plop her bottom back into the seat.

In hopes that the encounter had all been a mistake Phoebe did not bother to go outside, after all if she ignored the brief appearance of the girl, maybe It would all go away. At this point the door banged open and not only the small framed girl came through it but Phoebe was bum rushed by a crowd. Good heavens there had not been this many people in these parts in years and here they were and the questions began. It had almost seemed as if she was going to be cuffed and dragged through the mud to the city and thrown in prison of all the questions. What really grabbed her attention was the WORD - Witch, the man in the tin suit had glared at her as the word was spoke and the accusing seemed to begin. He seemed refined and admired by the followers. This was no time to ramble or appear insane, this was the time to gather her senses and appear as sane as the Lot !

Listening to them talk among themselves Phoebe had heard the Tin Man call the girl Savage, and the girl seemed to get shunned by the rest so this should be easy to disguise herself as something she was not and not admit to what she truely was, the actual Witch they had came looking for ! They must have followed the girl, outta pure pity. She seemed to have no respect from any of them, then when she finally just spoke what she had came for, Phoebe had laughed to herself. " I want a Curse put on the King...." as the words just poured out of the Savage Girls mouth. Phoebe was at this point curious as to why this girl would want such a thing or had the girl lost her mind. Ducking out of the tavern and across the alley into a magic shop Phoebe searched for solitude , time to gather the thoughts of what just had happened. Turning she felt a presence and there the girl stood behind her, .................

(More after Phoebe studies the situation she had been told)

Daenyra

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The kingdom hadn't kept its promises, the King had ripped down the Lighthouse that DragonStone had helped build for Skara Brae, with a promise it would get replaced by a better one. The Ranger Okami had been appointed Head ranger during the Fair to raise the gold for that lighthouse and with the promise he would protect Skara. So the day he came to inform me of the news of the destruction of the Lighthouse it only added another coal to the fire burning inside me. I knew Okami hadn't wanted to tell me and he was so hopeful for the promise of the King. My faith in this Kingdom was now none....no feelings at all towards most anyone outside the family of DragonStone. The Witch of the Swamp had given me hope to a solution and I would rely on her to help see it through, and now to the Capital to sign the documents to run for Governor of the capital. I realize I am not a well know person of this land nor am I very well liked i assume so my chances are slim, but nothing can be gained without trying............