• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Inquisitor] Info to get them

D

Duku

Hi everybody ^^

Could someone explain exatly how to get this wonderful item?

I d like to have each particular: i dont know many things..

Must i have always a party? Or can i go by myself?
What is the puzzle room?
If i resolve the puzzle, what will happen?

Thx

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The item will spawn ~1 month from the last time it spawned. Yes it spawns in the same room as the lamp and the only way into this room is to complete the puzzle.

The puzzle is by the rock spawn, yur theif stands in centre tile and you need four others to stand on the outside tiles. Flick the switches besides the outside tiles and the theif will either get transported into lamp room if you decifer sequence of switches correctly, or rocks will fall on every one doing puzzle. Remeber previous attempts to help determine correct switch setting, if rocks fall it will tell you how many switches you had correct but not which ones.

With 50 physical resist you can normally survive rock fall btw

D

Duku

Oh thx, i start understanding more!

About four other people, must i be in a party with them?
Or are random players fine?
I mean: could i enter even if i m alone, and another group is trying? could i enter with them?

Thx

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont have to be in a party but if another group is already working the switches and they already have 5 people then your out of luck unless they all die from rockfall hehe.

If you join another group find out what their plans are, most people will roll dice to see who gets item but best to know before hand.

Only the single char standing on center tile gets transported to room the others who work the switches go no-where

D

Duku

Dont have to be in a party but if another group is already working the switches and they already have 5 people then your out of luck unless they all die from rockfall hehe.
So, if a party its already trying to enter, must i wait?
I have seen the map and the switches, its just 1 pg = 1 platform?

I have doubts because a friend of mine tell me about parties, but now i seem to understand its not necessary. Am i wrong?

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most people will use a party since its easier to chat when your telling which person to flip the switch but its not mandatory, as long as you have the right number of people and the switches get flicked in the right order and no one steps off their square the peron in the center will go in.

You can't have multiple people enter the room at the same time but once a group is done if your group wants to work the switches yes you could enter but odds are the first person in would have stolen the item before you could get in there.

Also once someone enters room it starts to fill with poison so not a good place to hang out. FYI if you open the chest on the table you will spawn a unique monster called the 'Wanderer of the Void' see hunters guide for info.

The puzzle will reset to a new solution after each time its solved so its not like figuring it out once and your done

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

you can do it alone too. just stand in the center and cast telekinese on the switches.

D

Duku

Oh i understood ^^

SO, if i can i will go with my friends, but if i am alone, i will see if i can enter instead of another player with his party

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A party is not necessary, but it does help if there are others trying to get in the room also.
If you are in a party and you are the ST to trip a switch you can block others until timer runs out.
I have never found a way to do it solo.
The others only need to be place holders while cast on the switches.
If any spot is open you will not be able to complete the puzzle.