• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Input

• Thread starter Blood Countess
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Blood Countess

many years back, 9 in fact, I played UO. I was a mage with a crossbow and I owned. Now with the intro of necro I have remade a mage it goes as follows, input would be greatly appreciated, I know you guys get 1000 of these template questions.

Magery
Necromancy
Resist Spells
Spirit Speak (although I dunno what the point of this is)
Archery
Meditation
Eval Intel

Am I correct your alowed 7 skills ? at 100 ?
With 120 your allowed 5 plus 1- 100 ?
Do I dump the bow and go with my magic ? But the bow has spell channeling and its nice to hit with a spell and folow it up with a bolt from my xbow.
I have great gear, but am not familiar with this new system, it has been 9 long years.

Also I want the dread lady title, I kill nobles and quest givers all day, poision etc and it never goes above outcast, made it to wretched once and in 5 mins went back down. is that title based on Fame or Karma? My Karma is locked so it will only go down. And the kills say I'm loosing alot of karma but the title don't budge.

Help and old UO Vet get his game back

Thanks in advance.

Blood Countess - necro/mage <PEZ> Fat Kids with candy - catskills

B

Blood Countess

Oh and my resist spells is GM. And magery is real close.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
depends on your skill cap. 4th year or higher vets get a 720 skill cap.
The problem I see is your dex will be too low to use archery very well.
The reason for Spirit Speak (SS) is it's basicaly eva int for nerco (makes pain spike very nice.

Try
120 magery, 105 nerco, 120 resist, 120 SS, 120 med, 120 eva int

Use a mage weapon for defense (PLEANTY of staff of pyro's around)

Here is a list of marcos if you are interested.
F1: PROTECTION
F2: L HEAL
F3: CURE
F4: GHEAL
F5: EBLOT
F6: EXPLOSION
F7: FLAME STRIKE
F8: LIGHTING (or something else better - but a lot of people have lightning)
F9: FIREBALL
F10: PAIN SPIKE
F11: WEAKEN
F12: CURSE
`: MAGIC ARROW
NUM /: CORPSE SKIN
NUM*: STRANGLE
NUM- : OATH
1: ARCH CURE
2: PARALYZE
3: POISON STRIKE
4: MB
5:?
ALT+Z: SS
ALT+W:EVIL OMEN
NUM7: REFRESH POT
NUM8: CURE POT
NUM9: HEAL POT
NUM+: EQUIP LAST (WILL ACT AS A SPEEDY DISARM)

I am not for sure if those are the best marcos, BUT, that is what I am using. I am not really an experinces nerco mage though - still a noob at it as I just recently worked up nerco.

Btw, what shard are you on?

B

Blood Countess

catskills. And you didnt mention anything about the xbow, drop it, I haveread its powerful. And i can dismount with it, unless its tied to tactics.

B

Blood Countess

And I just started so Im not allowed the 720 cap, so whats that mean? How many 120's am I allowed and how many GM's (100)

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Heavy Xbow is powerful with dismount, but it is slow.

You really need at least 150 stamia for it to be effective. AND you cannot be mounted to use it. Also, you do need at least 90 weapon and 90 tactics to get the range of specials.

if you are not at the 720 cap. just cut a couple of skills down to 110 or 115. You should be able to get those skills to 115 and it fit. btw, 115s are about a 10th of the price of the 120s

B

Blood Countess

I dont have tactics, so the special attacks with my xbow is useless. Should I go pure magic ? If so what do I replace archery with ? Ive seen some necro/mage bad asses. Just gotta get the combos down. And what should should my numbers be, I dunno what I'm allowed.

115 magery
115 necro
115 resist
110 the rest ?

Help!

Btw I am a PvM as well as a PvP. Not yet my skills are nowhere near the legendary reds in felucca lol. And could you input on the karma thing I posted in original post. i want to be a dread lady title. And i cant get it.

B

Blood Countess

I was thinking the following build;

Magery
Meditation
Eval Int
Resist
Necro
Spirit Speak
Wrestling

and with necro forms such as wraith i prolly dont need meditation.

So what skills would those max out at with a new account 115 each, 110 each ? a posible 120 ? Input please.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
input coming, lol hold on.

105 nerco because that is 100% success on strangle.

Wrestling crowds your template too much. go 115, 120s are over priced sorta - espsically if you are just starting out.
115 magery
115 eva int
110-115 med
105 nerco
115 SS
115 resist
And that leaves you 20-25 points.

either add that to focus or anatomy.

The reason for anatomy, is incase your mage weapon gets disarmed - it will slightly help your defense chance (anatomy+eva int+20/2... at 25 anatomy you will have 80 defense, which is still crappy, but basically boost it by 12.5 points)

Focus will unlock a bit more Mana regen. and give you stamia regen (2) also.

B

Blood Countess

I heard wrestling is the only way to deal with dexxers in PvP. Everything Ive read all have wrestling and anatomy or tactics.

B

Blood Countess

So with what you posted i dont have the points for wrestling ?? but 25 points ?

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well really.. personally I'd drop the 25 points in focus, for the SR (if you aren't 120ing)..

You deal with it by mage weapons
.. say you are 115 magery, and hold a staff of pyros (new orange staff), it's like you are 115 weapon skill.

Either way, you are going to need DCI in your suit (around 40+) 2/6 casting also helps you, since you are frozen for a shorter period of time. Also check out my F1 marco - Protection - I use this against archers a lot, since it is harder to get away from moving shot. With protection on, I never really kill them, but they never really kill me.

G

Ok wraith form will get your mana back on attack spells but if your start casting any healing/cure/summons ie anything thats not an attack no mana back, so u would need some med.

100 Magery good but you will fail on lvl8 spells abit too much so if you like your EV/EE's I would suggest atleast 110 though with jewlery u could squeeze in the 120 but with this being a very expensive PS go 110 in beginning

Eval Int and SS - boost spell duration and damage go for as high as you can afford, so 120's are best

Personally wouldnt bother with med or wrestle above 100 if your short on skill points

Resist and Necro hmm there a bit tougher, Resist not much use with decent suit in PvM but needed in PvP. Necro I prefer not to fail so I have mine high but as im sure alot of other poster will probably admit you need enough to successfully cast off the spells you always will use - most people thats wraith form, corpse skin, couple of others that you can easily manage with about 100 skill points

B

Blood Countess

Been out for 9 years mate whats 2/6 DCI and is the staff of pyros something I should look into, but then I need a weapon skill and I dont have the points. Ugg what happened to the good old days of 1 day GM's, Dread Lords were red..lol ahh the good old days.

B

Blood Countess

Relic,
I dont have the points for wrestling. I originally wanted

Magery
Necro
Resist
SS
Anatomy
Wrestling
Eval Int

Apprently not enough cause I cant score 720 for like 3.5 years...

I loved the idea of stunning or disarming a meleer. And wasting them..aint happening.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2/6 casting (previous post)

DCI=Defense Chance increase. makes you harder to hit, it is capped at 45

Staff of pyros is an orange staff.. you can get one for 100-200k

a MAGE WEAPON is a special property added to weapons now. It basically converts your magery into a weapon skill. So you are harder to hit
. Staff of Pyros is a mage weapon -0. So if you have 115 magery, it's like you have 115 weapon skill.

B

Blood Countess

But how will I deal with the melee pk'rs without wrestling? any ideas?

B

Blood Countess

and where can I get a whole soulstone ? I have fragments, and i want to save my GM Focus.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

a MAGE WEAPON is a special property added to weapons now. It basically converts your magery into a weapon skill. So you are harder to hit . Staff of Pyros is a mage weapon -0. So if you have 115 magery, it's like you have 115 weapon skill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mage weapon. Staff of Pyros. Maybe you'll have to grab one. If you've been away for 9 years, that is a big change.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

don't save focus, you can gm it on a new character in an hour, heh. Get at least gm med, and as everyone else said, as a necro mage, use a -magery item. Wrestling isn't the best choice anymore, any spell casting toggles off special moves, so you have to stop casting in order to use a special. It can be used, but only as a "hey i wonder if i will get lucky this time" sort of thing, since I doubt you're going to have 45HCI and have hld.

B

Blood Countess

This is what I'd like to go with. I raised my dex, thru fencing, started at 0 and it went up rather quickly. I am not a 4 yr toon so I have limited skill caps..680?
Anyway this is what works for me, input please.

Magery 120
Eval Int- 115
Meditation- 115
Resist Spells - GM Already will be 115
Necro - 105 - all you need to cast top spell strangle.
Archery- 115

I absolutly love the fact I can ride around circle on a mob or player at that fact and hit them with spells and the entire time my xbow is going off.
How many points am I allowed. Does this look ok for a newb account. I played 9 years ago and my dread lord (red at the time, had bow with his magery and he owned. ( years later, has this changed?)
Thanks in advance.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weapons have a swing delay.. which depends on your stamia and weapon speed.

When you are "Frozen" casting, it pauses that swing timer.

B

Blood Countess

How many skill points are you allowed as a first year? 680, 705 ?
Input please.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How many skill points are you allowed as a first year? 680, 705 ?
Input please.

[/ QUOTE ]

0-1 year 700 points
1-2 years 705 points
2-3 years 710 points
3-4 years 715 points
4+ years 720 points

720 is the most you can get from the account age bonus.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

Yeah, you need spirit speak for necro to be effective. Don't get archery. Archery certaintly can be overpowered, but that has a lot to do with items, and certain mana cost imbalances. Without tactics, archery is going to be pretty much useless for you, especially with a 700 skill point cap, and presumably no +25 stat scroll used.

B

Blood Countess

I used a +25 stat scroll, now is that +25 between the 3 ? or is it add a 25 cap to all making 75 extra points ? Btw whats the fastest way to raise Int.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

You can seesaw stats. Or, since you're a mage, just use eval int (unlocked). Or just cast magery spells. If you have int set to rise, it will. The +25 only applies to the total cap, so 250. After 6 months, you can get an additional +5.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Blood , You may not agree with me, but I don't think that template will be very effective. The archery will do nil on the damage bit, not much. You won't be able to do specials because you have no tactics. Since it is 7 skill mage template you are going to run into some fizzle problems such as your strangles and flamestrikes. With resist only at GM, scrolled mages will be a major problem, not to mention the dexers you will not be able to disarm.

Now as far as necro mages. The standards are
Magery
Med
Eval
Resist
Necro
SS Use a Mage weapon and stack the dci

Or go with a 7x template with Wrestle.

If you like archery , that is fine and dandy. You could make a Necro archer dexer and use a good 100% fire or poison bow. Corpse skin + weapon specials with one of those can be very deadly. Just my 2 cents. Wish you luck and welcome back to UO.