• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Inn keeper Suggestion.

morPR

PRmeister
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With soul stones now being considered trashable, I want to say I thought of a pretty good concept. Instead of storing them as a physical item which takes up space in bank box or as a large lock down in a house (so many don't have the luxury of having a house of their own in this game) maybe it could be incorporated into the inn keepers? Also remove its trade function plus trashing AND let it not be accessible to vaults.

Bear in mind any change or bug fix for this game won't have a quick turnaround. Its old spaghetti code not fit for human consumption and magically transported to the cloud.. I wonder if the servers were from the late 90s or very early 2ks when they went to the cloud?

Anyhow, a soul stone menu can be added to the vault system. They will not be changed in anyway except maybe be a simple menu that pops up when speaking to an inn keeper. Inn keeper can say "ah, you have a soul stone I see! Would you like to transfer thine skills between characters?" This should detect if any character on that particulair shard has it in the same account. Heck, make all shards capable of sharing soul stone effects! Anyway, add a bunch of gumps to it.

Its the single most useful item in the game and has kinda evolved since its original Samurai Empire mode.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They sell them in the store. If they change how they work, I want my money back.

Innessa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
With soul stones now being considered trashable, I want to say I thought of a pretty good concept. Instead of storing them as a physical item which takes up space in bank box or as a large lock down in a house (so many don't have the luxury of having a house of their own in this game) maybe it could be incorporated into the inn keepers? Also remove its trade function plus trashing AND let it not be accessible to vaults.

Bear in mind any change or bug fix for this game won't have a quick turnaround. Its old spaghetti code not fit for human consumption and magically transported to the cloud.. I wonder if the servers were from the late 90s or very early 2ks when they went to the cloud?

Anyhow, a soul stone menu can be added to the vault system. They will not be changed in anyway except maybe be a simple menu that pops up when speaking to an inn keeper. Inn keeper can say "ah, you have a soul stone I see! Would you like to transfer thine skills between characters?" This should detect if any character on that particulair shard has it in the same account. Heck, make all shards capable of sharing soul stone effects! Anyway, add a bunch of gumps to it.

Its the single most useful item in the game and has kinda evolved since its original Samurai Empire mode.
Uh why are soulstones trash now? Did something change?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing changed except they made them worth "clean up points"
The lands were getting cluttered with so many once people started leaving that people were literally holding onto 100's of stones incase the players came back.
Then Broadsword figured out a way to make returning player buy new soulstones….. ;)