• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Injected strike poison debuff

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So I recently decided to give poisoning mastery a try, and according to the documentation it applies a poison debuff to the target for a short duration of time.

So I tested it and it applies a -15 poison debuff for about 5~10 seconds. Now the issue is, it drops 15 poisoning resist but on top of your total suit resists. What I mean with this is, if you have 85 poisoning resist on your suit (which with today's armor it is really easy to get), you will still have 70 poison resist, and the de-buff is basically useless.

When I look into corpse-skin, it drops you to 55 poison resist for quite a long time (which is brutal). corpse skin used to be the way injected strike is a few years back and I remember people complained about it so it got "fixed". Did devs just forget to fix injected strike? or is it just supposed to be useless?

Last edited:

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had a GM Poison Mage for many years... never found him much use in combat. Sometimes fun! Not practical.

Mainly, he makes way more gold poisoning things to sell... like throwing stars. Or daggers. Or whatever.

Combat wise... its handy dropping poison fields as you run away, monsters cant help walk through, becoming deadly poisoned. :)

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've had a GM Poison Mage for many years... never found him much use in combat. Sometimes fun! Not practical.

Mainly, he makes way more gold poisoning things to sell... like throwing stars. Or daggers. Or whatever.

Combat wise... its handy dropping poison fields as you run away, monsters cant help walk through, becoming deadly poisoned. :)
Thanks for replying to the post, but it is unrelated to my question. My question is related to PvP, and how injected strike doesn't seem to work as intended. (or does it?)

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So nobody cares about this? it doesn't work the same way corpse skin works, corpse skin will lower your poison resists regardless of how much poison you have on your suit, it works with the 70 cap. Doesn't the way injected strike work right now makes it rather useless? it seems like they fixed corpse skin but never fixed injected strike.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, It should be fixed. Maybe post a bug report on the official forums? I don't think too many people use injected strike these days which is why it seems like nobody cares.

Low

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So nobody cares about this? it doesn't work the same way corpse skin works, corpse skin will lower your poison resists regardless of how much poison you have on your suit, it works with the 70 cap. Doesn't the way injected strike work right now makes it rather useless? it seems like they fixed corpse skin but never fixed injected strike.
Injected strike also applies poison to ANY weapon. So maybe that’s why the debuff is how it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It should not work like corpse skin since it stacks with other debuffs, then you could take someone down to 40 poison resist..

Also you have to be a focused necro for corpse to work in this way
(200 total between necro / spirit)

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It should not work like corpse skin since it stacks with other debuffs, then you could take someone down to 40 poison resist..

Also you have to be a focused necro for corpse to work in this way
(200 total between necro / spirit)

I do agree corpse skin & injected strike debuffs shouldn't stack in pvp, it should just use the greater of the two, as it does with Curse & Corpse Skin. They do stack against npcs though.

Corpse Skin no longer requires you to be a 'focused necro' to reduce caps on fire & poison resistance. (publish 97-98-ish)

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I do agree corpse skin & injected strike debuffs shouldn't stack in pvp, it should just use the greater of the two, as it does with Curse & Corpse Skin. They do stack against npcs though.

Corpse Skin no longer requires you to be a 'focused necro' to reduce caps on fire & poison resistance. (publish 97-98-ish)
Err let me rephrase, you need 200 to reduce by -15 , otherwise it scales down.

Thoronnar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Injected strike also applies poison to ANY weapon. So maybe that’s why the debuff is how it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah you can poison any weapon, but it only applies deadly, no chance for lethal. I'll post on UO forums see what devs think.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only benny for inj strike that ive cared about is that you don't have to re-poison the wpn very often......but yeah, it's useless.