• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ingrediant source list

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a list of where to get the various ingrediants? I just figured out how to get stuff for chocolate items (killing paragons) ok I know I have been remiss but really when ilshenar first came out I didn't have a cook so I wasn't interested :) but where do you get mento seasoning and samuels secret sauce?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mento Seasoning, Samuel's Secret Sauce and Dark Truffle are all ingredients that you buy from NPC Tavern keeper on the Sea Market

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Besides paragons, you can also harvest pulp from cocoa trees to make cocoa butter and cocoa liquor. You can also grow sugar cane to harvest sacks of sugar.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Besides paragons, you can also harvest pulp from cocoa trees to make cocoa butter and cocoa liquor. You can also grow sugar cane to harvest sacks of sugar.
So what do you have to kill to get sugar cane seeds? I got some cocoa tree seeds from and Idoc recently so I am set on cocoa pulp.

E

elspeth

Sugar cane from Group 2 - Juka Mage, Kappa and Plague Beasts

UO Stratics *New* | Fragrant and Peculiar Seeds

Unfortunately I don't believe they produce seeds like the cocoa. But, the sacks of sugar don't stack anyways so probably best to just make one plant and only take one sack of sugar off at a time. I haven't ever done it myself yet though.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if you double-click the old sacks of sugar, they turn into the new sacks of sugar that stack.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sugar cane from Group 2 - Juka Mage, Kappa and Plague Beasts

UO Stratics *New* | Fragrant and Peculiar Seeds

Unfortunately I don't believe they produce seeds like the cocoa. But, the sacks of sugar don't stack anyways so probably best to just make one plant and only take one sack of sugar off at a time. I haven't ever done it myself yet though.
Any of you hunt Kappa? What is that lifeforce drain they do? Went out to kill a bunch of Kappa and got 4 different peculiar seeds and one type of fragrant seeds. I assume the fragrant seeds are cocoa?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well so I still don't know what that lifeforce drain is but I killed a bunch of Kappa with my archer swords chivalry guy. They throw acid but other than that are easy to kill for my archer. Got a bunch of seeds that sorted themselves into 5 stacks. I am guessing the fragrant seeds are cococa and I think I got lucky and chose to plant a single seed from the smallest stack of seeds figuring that would likely be the sugar cane. I checked the harvest gump and it has a resource and no seeds so I guessed right? So much to learn about this game...it's endless

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could also be one of the Cypress trees, they give bark fragments.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could also be one of the Cypress trees, they give bark fragments.
Thanks...... so much to learn. Well I am currently just using a single raised bed to grow everything so I will wait for spaces to open up after my current set of plants finish harvesting. I was suprised to learn that cocoa plants give seeds of renewal also. Do they have mutant color variations?

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can only get mutant (black/white) colors from cross-breeding, and you can't cross-breed the peculiar plants.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can only get mutant (black/white) colors from cross-breeding, and you can't cross-breed the peculiar plants.
In the section on Frangrant and Peculiar seeds it say something about "Colored Plant Oddities". What's that about?

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well so it turns out the first seed I planted is likely cyprus although it hasn't shown itself yet. But I did plant from another batch of seeds that had resources and no seeds and due to magic of fertile dirt it is sugar cane yay! So now I have my cocoa tree, my sugar cane.......just need a vanilla plant and I'm all set :)

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any of you hunt Kappa? What is that lifeforce drain they do? Went out to kill a bunch of Kappa and got 4 different peculiar seeds and one type of fragrant seeds. I assume the fragrant seeds are cocoa?
Hey Perc... I used my bard to keep provo'ing them on each other, with the occasional EV thrown in... They're easy to deal with...

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shhhh don't tell every one :) (They are about 2 or 3 shots with my archer)
Exactly... of the 3 monsters that can drop the Sugar Cane seeds, these are by far the easiest... Especially since they continually re-spawn with as many as you can kill and, if you pick your spot, virtually no "interrupting" spawn will bother you... Just the occasional Elite Ninja, but they're no biggie either...

Just sayin...

:gun:

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well I went to the Kappa spot by the lake and while I haven't spent a whole lot of time there so far only thing attacked me other than a Kappa was a lesser hiryu although there seems to be a dread spider nearby he hasn't bothered with me yet. Haven't seen the Ninja yet although I hear they are around that moongate.