• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Ingots (colored Black)

Y

yeps

Hello,

From an idoc i just got 2 Ingots thats colored black but labeled Ingots.

Any idea of what is it and if its valuable ?

Tx you.

F

feath

sounds like coal ignots... a picture would help.
if they are coal, i think they're worth 1m a brick.

X

Xtashin

coal ingots were reproduced (duped) in big numbers with the stackable dupe, many moons ago. i myself found 400 in an idoc during the great fall along with a bunch of furs. and i remember someone else on here selling 500 or a 1000 not to long ago.

they usually go for 50 - 125k per ingot. you often see 2 for 200k on vendors...

F

feath

i got to stop trying to price things when i'm sick. my mind doesn't work.

T

The Home Guild

i got to stop trying to price things when i'm sick. my mind doesn't work.
Last guy is incorrect.
I have seen them on atl go for 1-3m per
ranger ingots can fetch 5-15 per

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for the uptenth time, there is no such thing as coal ingots!!!

there was a bug when there was colored npc armor that when you smelted it you got the color of the armor on the ingots. there was a luna house on lake superior a few years back that had over 30 different shades of ingots, its just that the shadow colored types were the most common to be smelted. kinda like the colored leather bug that was more recent.

there was a unstacking bug on ore as well, that when you removed one from a stack it was labeled ore instead of shadow ore. that ore can be locked down and is not newbiefied like the real coal is.

D

Dralcon

for the uptenth time, there is no such thing as coal ingots!!!

there was a bug when there was colored npc armor that when you smelted it you got the color of the armor on the ingots. there was a luna house on lake superior a few years back that had over 30 different shades of ingots, its just that the shadow colored types were the most common to be smelted. kinda like the colored leather bug that was more recent.

there was a unstacking bug on ore as well, that when you removed one from a stack it was labeled ore instead of shadow ore. that ore can be locked down and is not newbiefied like the real coal is.
Yanaki...YOU ARE A MORON

dont talk about stuff that was OBVIOUSLY before your time...you just show your ignorance

coal ingots were WELL before the miscolored ingot bug...they were before multiple types of ore (verite/valorite and the rest) even existed

coal ingots were SIMPLE...they were a blackish hue...much like shadow ingots but considerably darker

i will admit i do not know thier origin...but to reproduce them was SIMPLE....all you did was take a normal stack of iron ore double click it, target the (coal ore) also called iron ore in game...and boom, all that regular colored ore is now mixed in with the stack of dark and it is now dark itself

at one time i must have had 100k "coal ore"...but did not know they were gonna be taken out so sold them beforehand for very cheap

so plz Yanaki, dont speak about stuff you dont know about...keep in mind they were taken out within year 1? or maybe 2 at the most....hard to remember

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coal was an old xmas gift people smelted to make the ingots (neg karma players got switches and coal and a "you were naughty this year" card). With enough ore turned into ingots they would then use the ingots to make armor pieces.

The multicolored ingots are from old smelted NPC armor. I think it stopped being possible to smelt that armor for specially hued ingots in 2001? Pretty sure it was whenever they patched in the new crafting menu that required you to select what kind of ingot type you were going to use.

The ToT II dyes, slime dying, and recent invasion armor drops caused a huge drop in value for that old NPC armor (except pieces with special tags of course), however the ingots still remain somewhat valuable. Pretty sure slime dying killed the value of my ranger armor piece, too. *sighs*

N

Noobish Noob

I had something interesting happen the other day. I took my miner out for the first time in almost a year and did some fel mining. I was doing the everyday... let the ore stack in my pack and then smelt on my fire beetle. Something strange happened and one of the stacks of ore eneded up making dark colored ingots with no metal type. They do not stack with any other ingots I have. They just say ingots and are between a shadow and val color. I wish I could say how this happened or if it is even reproducable, but if it is it will sink the old ingot market.

R

rockkandy

Dralcon...YOU ARE A MORON

dont talk about stuff that was OBVIOUSLY before your time...you just show your ignorance

target the (coal ore) also called iron ore in game...

first off.. please dont bust someones balls and then proceed to have no idea what you are talking about yourself...

i JUST sold some coal... its not called "coal ore" its not called "iron ore" and there was no way even back in 98 that u could combine it with iron ore... please kid... take your own advice

dont speak about stuff you dont know about......

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had something interesting happen the other day. I took my miner out for the first time in almost a year and did some fel mining. I was doing the everyday... let the ore stack in my pack and then smelt on my fire beetle. Something strange happened and one of the stacks of ore eneded up making dark colored ingots with no metal type. They do not stack with any other ingots I have. They just say ingots and are between a shadow and val color. I wish I could say how this happened or if it is even reproducable, but if it is it will sink the old ingot market.
Holy smoke,

seems like it is time to let my old miner out in the mining area again.

Regards
The Scandinavian

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first off.. please dont bust someones balls and then proceed to have no idea what you are talking about yourself...

i JUST sold some coal... its not called "coal ore" its not called "iron ore" and there was no way even back in 98 that u could combine it with iron ore... please kid... take your own advice
Actually for a few years coal was renamed to iron ore.

Then a few years back it was changed back to coal