• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Ingot Summoning Talismans

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have seen creature summoning, damage and ward removing talismans without limited uses that instead have (I think?) longer timer between uses. I have not seen this for resource summoning talismans, but my sample is very limited.

I thought I would ask more experienced crafters than I if there is such a thing as a 'recharging' ingot summoning talisman?

I am curious because I have this notion of crafting plain ore Kotl Automatons until I get a good one (they seem to be born with varying skill caps) and then I can use the talisman as back-up ingots to rez the golem in the event of my untimely demise. I intend to do this anyway, but I won't waste time trying to find a talisman without uses if it does not exist ;)

Thanks!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
They don't "self-recharge", but there is a one-use craftable item called a runed switch that recharges the ingot and bandage talismans. I wish they recharged the mana phasing orbs, but I don't think they do. You have to get the talisman down to 0 charges to recharge.

Runed switches are a pain in the arse to craft, requiring input from a GM lumberjack (for the base switch material), GM miner (sand), GM Alchemist (glassblowing component), GM Scribe (to write on the switch), and GM (I think) Tinker. You have to make several different components and assemble them in the proper order.

If you have the skills, they are easy (but tedious) to make, and they don't stack. I had one I that made over a decade ago, that I just used to recharge my backup insured bandage talisman I carry on my dexxer.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They don't "self-recharge
I am a little slow, sometimes, sorry. Are you referring specifically to resource-summoning talismans, or merely to my phrasing of 'self recharging'? I meant the talismans that do not need to be recharged. They don't have limited uses to begin with, so therefor runed switch does not apply to them.

I am just curious if that property exists for the resource summoning talismans as well.

Thank you for your help!

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Never mind, I just found out that one also needs a tinker tool to rez the golem, so that wouldn't work for my purpose lol

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just to finish up - I've not seen a chargeless resource summoning talisman. So they likely don't exist.

I would definitely question their existence on Siege, where even tools like scissors and skinning knives have uses.
And, you'd have to get one of the even rarer "owned by" talismans, even then (if that works on SP)

Had you been on one of the other shards, you could have insured the talisman and a tinker kit. Theoretically, if "owned by" talismans exist and work properly on Siege, you could have one of those, and use your "Siege Bless" on a tinker tool. But that would mean having all parts of your suit unprotected.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I've not seen a chargeless resource summoning talisman. So they likely don't exist.
Ah, thank you, that is what I was wondering. :) There are talismans without uses on Siege (with 20 minute cooldown lol), so it was a possibility. But I wanted to ask others if they'd ever seen one for ingots. As for the "Owned By" property, it does not exist here.

Whatever I choose to use the Siege Bless on, the rest of the suit is left unprotected. Imbuing makes it easy to mass produce several suits of decent quality, without using expensive resources. In the event the suit is lost, just grab another out of storage and carry on! Does make it an interesting challenge, tho :)

Thank you very much for your time :heart: