• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Informational on Artisan Festival tree voting

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the Artisan Festival in full swing, BODs are back and crafters everywhere are clicking their fingers to the bone. The Yew town tree is complete so, YAY BAJA! While crafting, general chat was busy! Putting the fun banter aside, the question of whether we could do more than 3 trees came up. Being such a small population, there aren't enough crafters or BODs to do all 9. Our EM was kind enough to set up ballot boxes in the Counselor's Hall and players were invited to vote on the cities they would like to work on for full trees. The votes are in and the next top 2 cities are Moonglow and Britain. Many of us will be focusing our limited BODs and resources on those 2 cities.

If any of you feel you want to work on other city trees, please post here or speak up in general chat. That way, those who can help, will do so with that city. We’re just wanting to pass on what many are planning to do so noone unknowingly sticks a bunch of BODs on an elf in a city where some of us are not planning to work that tree. In the meantime, it's back to collecting BODs and crafting in anticipation of the Moonglow tree. Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah, Baja!!! I look forward to seeing you around a Christmas tree filled with packages. *deep curtsey*

December 3, 2017 Yew Christmas Tree.jpg

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I no longer have a house on Baja, but I do have a lot of old BODs stashed away. Will be happy to help with Moonglow.

With regard to Britain, keep in mind that if every city's treasury has a balance over 1 million, Britain probably won't have a tree long enough to do anything with it. December just isn't long enough! So you might want to vote again for a different city other than Britain just to be on the safe side.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey Tina, thanks for your kind offer and you know we'd love to have your help. In regards to your second paragraph I'm having difficulty understanding why you say Britain probably won't have a tree long enough to do anything with it. This is my first time doing the Festival and I'm just not getting 'it'.

Thanks for your valuable input. Appreciated!

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye.....I just checked Britain's treasury and I'm also confused. Tina Small is a player who I greatly respect and so I am curious why Britain is coming into question.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are running through the towns in reverse alphabetical order, so Britain is last. Last year, they went in forward alphabetical order and Yew was last. Last year, apparently there was either no tree in Yew because the calendar ran out or the Yew tree was never finished.

I think that they are keeping each tree up for 3 days and then allowing 17 hours to pick up your reward. So if the next town doesn't start until the reward period is finished, there just isn't enough time to finish Britain's tree. I tried to figure it out here, but no one from the dev team has replied to clarify anything.

I would just be leery of waiting to do Britain and then having it turn out to be a wasted effort.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gosh, I hadn't done the math on that. That's definitely something to consider and again, thank you Tina. Your input is greatly appreciated!

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Update: In addition to Moonglow and Britain, Jhelom has been added to the list.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Update: In addition to Moonglow, Jhelom and Britain Magincia has been added to the list! Come One! Come All!

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The Governor of New Magincia states that all she wants is a Charlie Brown Tree for her city and that she want players to save their BODs for Moonglow, Jhelom, and Britain.

WildStar
Governer of New Magincia