• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Info on Ultima Cloth Maps?

Hello,
I just joined this forum because my father had given me some of his old stuff and I came across these two cloth maps.
I looked up some stuff on both of the maps, and I haven't really found what these would go for if I were to sell them. Both of them have one stain on each, and obviously, that would lower the value of the map. They've been sitting in a basement for over 20 years now I'm assuming, so I'm just pretty curious about what these would sell for and some of the general history behind them!

Also, I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to post this, I just figured I should come on here and ask, because who else knows their Ultima lore like the fans of it?
Thanks for reading. :)

Attachments

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know much about prices for these, but there have been various sales on similar maps on eBay. For Ultima II and III stuff, the Ultima Dragons might also be a good resource. They are pretty active on Facebook and care a lot about the single player games.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Mint condition ones I’ve seen go for around $80-$120 on eBay, but probably less than that for these due to the stains.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The Ultima III map should fetch about $40 to $50 bucks even with the stains. If you wanted to sell them quicker, perhaps aim in the $25 to $35 range. I am not sure about the other Map.

Very neat items - good luck with whatever you end up doing with them.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i dont think either of those are from Ultima Online itself, or Ultima Online releases.
the one is clearly from Ultima III and the other im gonna assume is probably from another Ultima release.
i have all the releases from North America and my cloth maps look nothing like the ones you show.
well, same stuff on it but not the same map.
so id say they are probably worth more than a Ultima Online map would fetch as they are from the game releases before the 'online' part got added into the game.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lost my cloth map and pewter pin long ago. This is the autographed map my wife won back in 2000 I think at a meetup in Austin when we lived there. That's the UO book on the left, wife cropped the pictures for me and cut out a good part of the book. If you've never seen the book it's a funny read these days.

Here's a snippet.

"If you can cast Mark, it can provide a quick teleport getaway in an emergency. From your home (or wherever you want the spell to take you to), cast the spell on an object small enough to carry in your backpack. It will record your exact location."

Attachments

Ning

Journeyman
Well they're old. I played Ultima I-IV on my Apple IIe in the early 80's. I couldn't begin to guess on value, as the price of nostalgia is in the eye of the beholder, but I guess these maps are pushing 40 years old and there probably aren't a ton of them around anymore. Dustbin of history and all that, just like that old Apple.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The second map is from UItima II. Minax basically conquered Earth and you time travel to stop her.