• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Info on Stats - Stength, Intel, Dexterity

• Thread starter Edina Monsoon
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

Edina Monsoon

Ok, I've been around for a while, and just wanted to find out, and maybe this will help others too.

So there is the stat cap, which is 255 still. I get that.

And I pretty much assume with strength, the higher your strength, the more weapons damage you do and the more weight you can carry.

Dexterity, I have never really gotten the dexterity thing, I always here about 'dexxers' but have never really understood, I am sure it has something to do with fighting again. Or does it help in crafting? I always see that I get dexterity gains from alchemy, carpentry, etc.

And then Intelligence. As far as I can see, the only thing that happens with higher intelligence is that your mana increases.

Do these "stats" do anything else except giving you the ability to have higher hit points, stamina and mana?

Thanks please be kind, I can't find anything on stratics that talks about this other than the stat cap.

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You swing faster with higher dex. And you brain more with higher int.

E

Edina Monsoon

Brain more?

Sounds like a headache.

"I don't want more things, sweetie, I want better things"

S

Sadoul

Stats such as dexterity, strength, and intelligence are capped at 255 total base (not derived from items). Each stat has a base cap of 125, which means that is the maximum you can have without items. I believe each stat has a hard cap of 150. That is the maximum you can achieve with boosts from items. I can't for the life of me understand why there are two caps instead of just the maximum 150 one.

Strength gives a damage increase as you stated and also contributes to hit points. I believe you get 1 hit point per 1 strength up to 100 and after that you get 1 hp for 2 strength. The Hit Point Increase property raises your hit points and has no effect on damage.

Dexterity affects your bandage timer and adds to your stamina. I don't think raw dexterity has any other benefit. You have to have 140 dexterity to achieve the maximum 4 second bandage timer. Your swing speed depends on your stamina, which is variable based on the damage you are taking. Each point of dexterity will give you 1 stamina. The Stamina Increase property will increase your swing speed but will have no effect on your bandage timer. There is a nifty swing speed calculator on stratics.

Intelligence gives a spell damage increase and contributes to your mana pool. Each point of intelligence will give 1 mana. The Mana Increase property will not add to the damage increase to spell damage. It adds to your mana pool only. It seems like intelligence has additional benefits. Maybe another poster can elaborate.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok Stat cap is 255 but with jewlery/items you can take your stats higher. STR/DEX/INT is capped at 150 and (?forget Str)/Stamina/Mana they can go to 180.

Str determines your HP's and the amount you can carry

Dex determines swing speed, applying bandaid speed

INT determines amount of mana, spell damage

Running and moving thru things in Fel will cause you to loose Stamina so in a broad sense Dex can affect movement

Probably still missing abit but thats what I know offhand

S

Satanatra

Ideally an archer wants +30 or more stam on the suit and as low dex as possible that will still take u to 150 dex when u chug a pot (that number varies depending on how much Enhance Pots you have on items).

My archer has 128 dex including items etc and 150 when i chug a pot. I have +31 stam and so... when i chug a pot i get 181 stam (swing speed works in levels ie 150-179 stam = same swing speed). at 180 u get pretty much the fastest swing possible.

L

Lord Drakelord

you also use certain skills to get gains in stats

Alchemy - Int / Dex
Anatomy - Int / Str
Animal Lore - Int / Str
Animal Taming - Str / Int
Archery - Dex / Str
Arms Lore - Int / Str
Begging - Dex / Int
Blacksmithing - Str / Dex
Bowcraft/Fletching - Dex / Str