• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

influx of Young char's

P

Pawl

After the banning i've been sitting in new haven last few days and been seeing ALOT of young player pop in and having peopel gate them off... over 70 of them in 4 hrs the day after banning...next day i was there , about 30 in less then an hr..

So wondering out of the 150 ban account, just how many were mule accounts for the dupers..how many are just using the free 30 days.. $19.95 for the game, and selling items for R/L cash you could aford to keep buying it each month. and never have your real account linked to it..... and NO not all the dupes are fixed. One still works, even when i was a Counselor and SHOWED a GM how it was done back in 1998 . it, TO THIS DAY still works..

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One still works, even when i was a Counselor and SHOWED a GM how it was done back in 1998 . it, TO THIS DAY still works..
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest the 1998 bug list probably isn't still being consulted. Have you notified Jeremy lately with details of how to reproduce it?

W

wee papa smurf

After the banning i've been sitting in new haven last few days and been seeing ALOT of young player pop in and having peopel gate them off... over 70 of them in 4 hrs the day after banning...next day i was there , about 30 in less then an hr..
someone has too much time on there hands lol :thumbsup: :danceb:

S

Sebrina

just how many were mule accounts for the dupers..how many are just using the free 30 days.. $19.95 for the game, and selling items for R/L cash you could aford to keep buying it each month. and never have your real account linked to it..... and NO not all the dupes are fixed.
This IS a sad state of affairs, not easily remedied when people can snub their nose at UO and the player base like this. But tiss true! A person years ago that I contacted about about a particular item, blatantly told me on PM, "oh well, if I get caught, I just ...(not included for reasons of TOS)...to get back on, and continue. Do you want the item or not?" Nope, won't EVEN see you later!

Rinse and Repeat! Whoosh...

Wooo, did that send shivers up my spine! Until they fix the bugs, there is simply NO WAY that it will stop. They can ban all they want, but the serious ones, making a rl living for cash with the game are right back within hours or minutes.

P

Pawl

I show a gm how its done, An being a Counselor, i did all the wright ups ect. for it. And yes i cheched on it till i stopped being one.. was allways told "we are looking into it." even when the house bug came out, setting house on an item to make it set places it shouldn't go. There was a EASY way to tell if a house was or was NOT places right. and again told by GM's Not to worry about it.. maybe the bug can't be fixed the right way , But with a simple fix i know it could be fixed!!! (with out going into detail how it done)

Time, no, was just working on other system while watching other system..

The banning did nothing , they all came right back. it is a shame.

S

Sebrina

In spite of all the bugs and contraversy, *nods* it's still the best roleplaying game, that I've ever seen on the computer. Have fun!

:thumbsup: :danceb:

S

Sunrise

You know..there is a way to stop the duping and selling stuff for real life cash. its real easy. STOP DOING IT! Discourage people from doing it. Simple as that.

I been 115 in some skills on some of my charts for so long that I don't even know if 120 is really real. Also the hunt for a cc or other stuff is half the fun of the game. Yeah Its been 2 years but guess what. Im happy with the chars I have.

People who buy stuff for real money are just as guiltly as people who sell it. Its greed. Its to be the best. I don't want to spend the time or effort to get the stuff. Or I dont have the time so I will just buy it.

Quit trying to keep up with the jones. Play your players. Have fun. yeah its great when someone can take a ton of hits from 20 shadow dragons and still walk away without a scratch. Either spend the time training or go do something else. UO has SO many skills to play and have fun with. seriously folks.

So in a nut shell to end the duping and hacking and so forth. Quite buying stuff for real money. For if no one buying the stuff..whats the point of staying in business then? Theres your answer. UO has left the games in the players hands....time for the players to step up.

Gets off soap box.

Now back to topic. I notice after the latest ban there where Tons of new players hanging around brit. Was very exicting. Now tho...cant remember the last time I seen a young player on. Very sad indeed.

In spite of all the bugs and contraversy, *nods* it's still the best roleplaying game, that I've ever seen on the computer. Have fun! <--this comment is so true!!!

S

Sarphus

I show a gm how its done, An being a Counselor, i did all the wright ups ect. for it. And yes i cheched on it till i stopped being one.. was allways told "we are looking into it." even when the house bug came out, setting house on an item to make it set places it shouldn't go. There was a EASY way to tell if a house was or was NOT places right. and again told by GM's Not to worry about it.. maybe the bug can't be fixed the right way , But with a simple fix i know it could be fixed!!! (with out going into detail how it done)

Time, no, was just working on other system while watching other system..

The banning did nothing , they all came right back. it is a shame.
If you truly know a working duping bug, email it to uobugs and to Jeremy. I don't think it's safe to make the assumption that the devs are aware of bugs that were reported many years ago. Most of the devs weren't there many years ago...

The devs have been handling bug reports a LOT better than they have historically. If you email it to Jeremy, I am pretty confident it will get fixed in short order (or as short of order as it can be fixed)

For the record, I have reported things as bugs and seen them get fixed in as little as one day. Use the proper channels if you really want things to get fixed. Stratics is NOT the proper channel.