• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Incredible GM Experience

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Had a little issue last night that required a GM. So I paged a GM. I watched the issue fixed in less than one minute from the page. It took me longer to type the request than it took for the response to be completed. This person is too competent to be working for EA. The GM never appeared or spoke to me. I should have checked my journal but I was so floored I didn't think of it. lol Thank you mystery GM!

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it comes down to how many people are wasting their time with non issues or paging them to ask them questions that google or stratics or UOguide can answer. Paged twice in the last year (Once over transferring and not being able to log into the shard I transferred from on that acct. and once because I have a character that Ogre Lords still ignore from being in the Minax faction. The First it took over 24 hours for a GM to respond, the second OL issue a Gm was there in less than 10 minutes and spent over a hour trying to resolve the issue. Which reminds me I need to check that little used email acct and see if the Devs ever found a solution to me being able to walk around despise like the OLs are my bestest buddies.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I think it comes down to how many people are wasting their time with non issues or paging them to ask them questions that google or stratics or UOguide can answer. Paged twice in the last year (Once over transferring and not being able to log into the shard I transferred from on that acct. and once because I have a character that Ogre Lords still ignore from being in the Minax faction. The First it took over 24 hours for a GM to respond, the second OL issue a Gm was there in less than 10 minutes and spent over a hour trying to resolve the issue. Which reminds me I need to check that little used email acct and see if the Devs ever found a solution to me being able to walk around despise like the OLs are my bestest buddies.
Anytime you get stuck in a transfer I was told only Mesanna can handle it. So I just email her straight off now with some urgent title on the email lol. Hasn't happened to me in a long time now. If it happens while they're at the office they can usually fix it in a few minutes

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anytime you get stuck in a transfer I was told only Mesanna can handle it. So I just email her straight off now with some urgent title on the email lol. Hasn't happened to me in a long time now. If it happens while they're at the office they can usually fix it in a few minutes
Yeah it was a Sunday morning right before server down and I was not thinking and did the xfr and the server went down. Was not a big deal and having a GM materialize Monday morning gave me a bit of a shock.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, compliments about anyone are always welcome on Stratics :)
IM pretty sure i could compliment some people that would not be welcome on stratics... :)

as far as the OP is concerned, I have seen a pretty good upswing in morale as far as GMs are concerned. Good for them, its a crap job but someone absolutely has to do it.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IM pretty sure i could compliment some people that would not be welcome on stratics... :)
Like some of the people that were banned from stratics and a moderator or two should have been banned at the same time :)

And no not referring to the Captn.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The other day i got assistance for raising a teleporter tile, that had sunk one below the floor and thus registered as outside the house, responded to my call in like 15-20 minutes, and fixed it instantly, once i showed him which tile it was. A+

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About 2 months ago I paged s GM. The Portcullis to Blackthorn Fel Castle was locked. Within minutes I watched the Portcullis unlock and raise.

Wonder how it got locked. Went down to the Evil Mages room. A unarmed blue character took off. Within two minutes a Red PK came to visit me. I guess I interrupted someone farming Minax artifacts.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can't criticize them when they do bad , therefore you shouldn't be able to praise then when they do good. That's always been my opinion of course.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good for them, its a crap job but someone absolutely has to do it.
How is it a crap job ? It's not a sweat shop in Honduras, pretty sure it's an air conditioned room, sitting in a chair, entering keystrokes. Are they getting 30/hr, probably not, but crap job ??? I remember going to Origin long ago when I lived in Austin. I saw the GMs that were there, it didn't look too crappy. I'm sure things are just as good in VA ?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
How is it a crap job ? It's not a sweat shop in Honduras, pretty sure it's an air conditioned room, sitting in a chair, entering keystrokes. Are they getting 30/hr, probably not, but crap job ??? I remember going to Origin long ago when I lived in Austin. I saw the GMs that were there, it didn't look too crappy. I'm sure things are just as good in VA ?
I don't think any job is as good as it was 15 years ago these days :)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dealing quite frequently with angry players they can't help, most frequently cause the players don't know what issues they help with and which not, is not the most grateful job :)

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am almost tempted to say "pics or it didn't happen" however it was pointed out that a physical presence was not required and THAT is certainly worth a pic if/when it happens.

Nice to know GMs really exist.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I am almost tempted to say "pics or it didn't happen" however it was pointed out that a physical presence was not required and THAT is certainly worth a pic if/when it happens.

Nice to know GMs really exist.
Haha, I'm a long way from a cheerleader :D Mesanna has addressed none of the issues I've been heralding in an positive manner such as the 90 day free game play, vendor fees on low population shards, cartoon art and really bizarre gifts like plants and trees, etc. So if I have a positive experience I share those too. If I don't like it I say it, if I like it I say it. I have no reason to falsely applaud BS. They certainly haven't addressed what I consider many glaring issues.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first of all... developers aren't GMs ... this thread is about GMs, I don't even want to go into the ideas you listed, cause it is development ideas, and has nothing to do with this thread ;)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
first of all... developers aren't GMs ... this thread is about GMs, I don't even want to go into the ideas you listed, cause it is development ideas, and has nothing to do with this thread ;)
Might have missed the point. Point is it's all BS. If they do something good I applaud them, when they do something crazy I hammer them. All I'm saying. I have no motivation to cheerleader them for something that didn't happen which was alluded to.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot praise the GMs that I have encountered high enough. Superb, pleasant, good humoured and efficient. The flip side...anything at all to do with Account Management and retrieving old accounts...they have made us at Valura Towers very sad and bewildered.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I lost all my Easter Bunnies....3 wooden boxes locked and secured in my house just disappeared...thought maybe they had somehow fallen through the floor so paged a GM.

Within 3 minutes, GM River showed up at my house and lowered him/her self down to the ground in my house and looked around...said there was nothing there, which I expected, but was pleasantly surprised to have a GM show up so quickly and try anyway.

So Thank You GM River :)