• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Increased skill speed

G

I think what she really means is GET IT WHILE YOU CAN!!!

G

Lol !

Congrats Jim you win the prize for being the first to spot the deliberate mistake

Polly

I

Inge Jones

What about those of us still stuck on the 14 day trial island? We can't take our sims or skills with us when we move.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Get it while you can ! skilling increased to 150% !!

Enjoy.

Polly

edited to correct moment of dippiness

[/ QUOTE ]
See, this is what drives me nuts.
<blockquote><hr>

While the team is working on it, I am increasing the skills payout to 150%

[/ QUOTE ]
What "skills payout"?
Does he mean increased skilling speed, or increased object (money) payouts?

It shouldn't be necessary for a Moderator to translate for him.

G

Inge,

(Going off-topic for a sec here, because I think its important)

I've noticed a few of your posts now mentioning about being stuck in TC3. You know it may not feel like it at times right now, but you're actually in a great position having a sim in TC3. TC3 is and always will be the place we get to test things first. That means we get to give our input, help test the bugs and give feedback to the team. Sure, the updates lately may not be that interesting, but as times goes on, that will change. Maybe one day, you'll be very glad of that sim in TC3.

And soon enough you'll be able to create in EA-Land (if you can't already) and the unexpected events like additional skill speed will be particularly useful for a new sim.

Polly

I

Inge Jones

<blockquote><hr>

You know it may not feel like it at times right now, but you're actually in a great position having a sim in TC3. TC3 is and always will be the place we get to test things first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't know the area was going to remain, I thought it would be closed to me a few days and I have to start again in EA Land. I am sorry if I seem a bit stupid and I suppose the information must be in the forums here somewhere, so it must be tiresome to have to tell me everything from scratch - but it could take months to read all the old posts.

Basically my position is that I think this is a good and well thought out game from what I have experienced of it so far, but I have a lot of stuff going on in RL at the moment so the time I spend in the game I need it to be used as efficiently as possible and not on stuff I can't keep. I am afraid I am not gonna be one of those people who are in it for the social life, I will be playing in a rather goal-oriented way. NB not for the money - well not for human money anyway, but my goals will be to get simoleans through earnings and skills. I have FOUR years to catch up on!!!
On the other hand part of me is terrified I will get addicted and my house will never get decorated

Actually testing *is* interesting but I already have a lot of that to do for Sims 2, so I will probably be looking to just play here. (If I revive the sub I cancelled when I learnt I was stuck in TC3 for the full 14 days whether I paid or not) Still, we'll see...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

No increase in bot pay for EAland last shift
. Maybe next one?

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

Enjoy.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

An awesome step in the right direction, at least for those of us that skill. If they would leave skilling at this speed, it would show us that they are willing to please us. Im getting goose bumps wondering what the next nice thing they might do for us might be.

G

From the blog:

<blockquote><hr>

Working week ends
Posted in Uncategorized by Luc on the February 10th, 2008
The team is working hard this week to find a good fix for the broken objects. Long hours. We are very disappointed about the problem, and we need to not only repair your objects, but understand exactly what happened since it seems it was a move related bug.

While I am putting the hours at work, I will help those Sims in the jobs and in the skill houses. I will increase the robot factory and restaurant jobs again today. skilling will be at 140% with temporary hikes at 200%.

I will see you in game as I pop in and out to see if my fixes work,

Sincerely,

Luc

[/ QUOTE ]

I

Inge Jones

Luc's certainly moved on then - I seem to remember from the Sims 2 chat sessions that he was thought to spend most of his weekends licking Bella Goth - whatever that was supposed to be about lol (seeing as she had gone missing from the game anyway)! Anyway, good to see he managed to get over her

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Enjoy.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this in EA Land and TC3?

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Currently receiving 142% skill speed all over EA-Land.

G

I think it's EA-Land only. Skilling never exceeded 118% in TC3 yesterday.

G

ya, I have my husband and son on.. getting the speed Skill..

I myself.. Can't log on.. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR mangled Beds, etc. Now I can't even GET ON&gt; Between the this and the that.. I am wondering about this return to the game!

30 second after I complained.. after 3 hours of trying.. I FINALLY GoT ON!!

Last I night, I got some error logging out my property, trying to log into another. It kept saying I was in the middle of an action, try again. This this morning it saying it had some error to fix... three hours later, I'am finally on..

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

I think it's EA-Land only. Skilling never exceeded 118% in TC3 yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is true, doesn't that seem sucky to anyone else? I've tossed my hat into the testing ring, I am not really playing in EA Land. These days it seems like all testing is being done in EA Land, so that would have been nice information to have BEFORE the TC - TC3 merge.

I really am fatigued with complaining, but geesh.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We've got 237% at this moment

[/ QUOTE ]In TC3???

Logging in now...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Increased skilling speed in EA-Land is not a test. They know, they can tune payouts and skill speeds now.

I suspect if they are not doing same in TC then it is because they are testing something else or they just plain forgot to give TC something.

G

Dunno. All I know is, I'm in TC3 currently, and the max speed is still only 118%.

That's the bad news.

The GOOD news is, I'm currently at Frisky Skills, with 30 people in there - most of them active and talking. The Really Awesome news is, of the 30 people there, FOURTEEN of them are brand-new to the game!!! (I mentioned CTRL H, and within seconds, half the lot was saying "OMG" and "Holy ...!")

So, it would seem that, for all the people leaving the game, there are many more new eager sims taking their place!