• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Increase of lag in my castle with lots of granit tiles

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
When I improved my castle with extra granit floors, I did not see a lot of lag, but the last half year or so, my castle lag me out first time I login after restart of my PC, I do not even get all the way in to see my game desktop. @Kyronix

I then close client, restart it, and I can now login but may freeze up first time I try to use a intern set of house teleporters in the castle.

After that all seem ok until I leave the castle and maybe visit some other houses, then the problem is back, when I enter my castle and tele to inside, I will freeze up at the inside teleporter and have to logout and in.

I love visitors in my castle but people seem to fear the lag and stay a way, not good as it also are my vendor house.

Anyone else have same problem?
It's CC client
When Tugsoft changed the uo assist client to allow more clients, it become really bad, even when I only use one client.
Do you live near other castles that have added a lot of granite tiles? How many tiles did you add? If you are adding thousands of extra items to your castle, you are going to see some performance hits as your client tries to load all those objects.